Planning a vacation to Croatia... Anyone ever been?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Jerrod
git help.

Planning a vacation to Croatia... Anyone ever been?

Post by Jerrod »

It's actually my honeymoon, and I'll be going for two weeks at the end of June, early July. On the tentative agenda is exploring Zagreb and Dubrovnik, as well as going to see Plitvice Lakes. I'm also really hoping to run into Mirko Filipovic. Any ideas or thoughts, or things I simply can't miss while I'm out there? I'm not opposed to buying a train ticket and leaving Croatia for a few days to check something out near there.
GoreyGibbler
Olde Timer

Re: Planning a vacation to Croatia... Anyone ever been?

Post by GoreyGibbler »

Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

GoreyGibbler wrote:Image
Haha. I've fantasized about spotting him and running up to him in the streets, and having him react that exact same way. Also, I just read that his estimated worth is around $4.5 million, which surprises me!
AskForRaffo
DO THE DEW!

Post by AskForRaffo »

Nude beaches!
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

I know spacehampster has been.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I've only been to the north and the south's supposed to be much better - since you're headed to Dubrovnik, you're already doing it better than me. Definitely check out Plitvice (just try to go on a weekday, it's ridiculously packed on weekends), and if you're going to leave the country, also go to the Postojna cave in Slovenia. One of the guys in my band is from Dubrovnik, so if you want some pointers for that area, I can ask him.

Trains in Croatia are supposed to be legendarily shitty, though. The last time I was there, another Croatian friend of mine who lives in Switzerland drove me to Triest and basically said, take the train here in Italy where they have functioning public transportation. If you know anything about Italian trains... that doesn't bode well.

Also, Tomislav pivo. And maybe a blindfold because Croatia is full of insanely hot women and you'll gawk and piss off that spousal unit of yours. Bad enough you made her wait an extra day when you came home from Switzerland. :awesome:
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Assplay!!!
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Assplay!!! »

We played in Zagreb... unfortunately didn't have much time for sight seeing. I hear that Croatia is beautiful by the ocean.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Thanks for the pointers, Mike. I might just end up taking a flight from Zagreb to Dubrovnik, then. I just assumed the trains are as good as they are in Switzerland and most of Western Europe. The travel Wiki says where buses are found, they're pretty good, so I might do that for the trip to Plitvice. I'm excited.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »