The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Spooky Apparition »

The Bill wrote:I'm just saying I hope it becomes a viable option for some games that have been Third only in the past.
I'm mostly with you my man, it seems like it's elevated GTA to another level.

still haven't opened Far Cry 4 and I'm thinking I should just return it and get GTA5 instead. has anyone tried out GTAO with the increased player count?

tried share play last night someone on my friends list who's seen me playing TLOU a bunch and asked if I could beat a part for him (which I did on my first try because I'm the undisputed king of TLOU). my upload is pretty shitty so there was some lag and some artifacting going on, but overall it was pretty freaking cool.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

far cry 4 should have been called far cry 3.5, it feels like im playing far cry 3 dlc
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i'm honestly kind of okay with that. i'm having a lot of fun. it's far cry 3 but less annoying in both gameplay and story. also you can slide down hills without dying all the time in this one, which is nice.

also the crossbow and elephant gun are both better than anything in 3.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

i agree. i just ran over a bengal tiger with a datsun
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

I watched the giant bomb quick look, it looks neat. it's on my radar now anyway.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I watched the previews on Steam the other day - Looks pretty awesome - Was it Torchlight that was a slightly simpler version of shadowy looking post-zombie apocalypse survival platforming similar to this? This reminded me a bit of Torchlight crossed with Crusader the old 90's action PC game.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

he's just being picky, those two are the BEST bullets
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

or he had close to max ammo already Image
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

looks good I guess... I can't get excited for this :| looks basically like more of the same + Batmobile. I think I'm just sick of the aesthetic of the Arkham games at this point... can't a chunk of the game take place during daylight or something, or in an area that's not just industrial gloom? I feel like Asylum had the most variety even though it was the smallest.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

FVBTVS wrote:or he had close to max ammo already Image
shit man, this stuff drives me nuts

listen, i'd be taking off my socks at that point and filling them with bullets. how many can i fit in my mouth? tuck some into my waistband?

fucking video games
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

gta online is completely fucking insane to me :shock:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

it's not even fun, which is even more baffling. i can't wrap my head around it at all
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

You're playing it wrong

ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

figured i'd finally try the ps4 -> youtube thing since they implemented it

edit: fuck it, blow up all the eagles

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

hahaha... that looks so awesome, I need to finally fire it up tonight. is there a lot of emergent stuff like that? I only played FC1 back in the day, so if stuff like that was already in FC2/FC3, it's new to me.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

yeah you can see some crazy stuff happen. they jammed enough systems in there that they intersect in some pretty funny ways sometimes.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

exploding eagle is killing me. i hate those fucking eagles
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Dark Souls 2 re-release and new content info. Coming out a week or two after Bloodborne :lol:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dark Souls 2 is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One next year in an enhanced version of the game called Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, Namco Bandai and From Software announced today. The re-release of Dark Souls 2 will come with the game's three downloadable add-ons and new enhancements.

The PS4 and Xbox One versions of Dark Souls 2 feature updated graphics as well as new game content, including "an expanded story featuring additional in-game events and NPC character along with new deadlier enemies and gameplay improvements." Those improvements will also be available for the PC release of Scholar of the First Sin, which takes advantage of DirectX 11 for Windows.
For existing PS3/360/PC owners:
Dark Souls 2's new game content, augmented item descriptions and gameplay improvements, which From Software is calling version 1.1.0 of the title, are also coming to PS3, Xbox 360 and the DirectX 9 version of the Windows PC game. Players of those versions will get the 1.1.0 update free of charge. The Scholar of the First Sin re-release will also be available for PS3 and Xbox 360.
Mod Abuse:
Originally Posted by duckroll
Okay we have an official super clear comparison between all the versions of this re-release, including a comparison with what will be in the 1.10 Patch for last-gen owners.

http://darksouls.jp/pc/scholar_of_th...pecmatrix.html

The chart is in Japanese, so I'll translate the column on the left indicating the features. The rest should be self-explanatory.

New Features:
- New characters and events (Included in all versions of SoFS, will be added in the 1.10 Patch for existing users)
- Story and world additions (Included in all versions of SoFS, will be added in the 1.10 Patch for existing users)
- Graphics and performance upgrades (Only included in next-gen versions of SoFS)
- Improved online multiplayer (Only included in next-gen versions of SoFS)
- Enemy and game design adjustments (Only included in next-gen versions of SoFS)
- Various balancing tweaks (Included in all versions of SoFS, will be added in the 1.10 Patch for existing users)

Included DLC:
- DLC1 (Included in all versions of SoFS, not included in the 1.10 Patch)
- DLC2 (Included in all versions of SoFS, not included in the 1.10 Patch)
- DLC3 (Included in all versions of SoFS, not included in the 1.10 Patch)

- Supports existing save data (Supported for all last-gen versions of SoFS and the 1.10 Patch, not supported for next-gen versions of SoFS)

- Game Server Region (PS3 = A, 360 = B, PC(DX9) = C, PS4 = D, XBO = E, PC(DX11) = F)

Distribution:
- Retail
- Digital
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

The big reason DS2 turned me off was looking at those terrible graphics after I had gotten the PS4. I'm not a graphics whore in my older age but it was just dreadful. I find this news very interesting. If I do that I may get the X1 version if it can do that resume on shutdown feature. That would save me precious time not have to backtrack to a bonfire every time I turn off the machine.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:The big reason DS2 turned me off was looking at those terrible graphics after I had gotten the PS4. I'm not a graphics whore in my older age but it was just dreadful. I find this news very interesting.
If the PC version's any indication, there's lots of room for improvement just with better resolution and a higher framerate. I doubt they'll make any serious tweaks like fixing the grotesquely ugly texture tiling in some areas, but that should be doable.

Then again, how many PS4 games have actually run at 60FPS so far? Who knows what they're doing.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Did anyone else totally not notice the supposedly terrible graphics in Dork Souls 2 ? Like, at all ?
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

riley-o wrote:Did anyone else totally not notice the supposedly terrible graphics in Dork Souls 2 ? Like, at all ?

I don't know man, I just could not stand that shit. I thought Demon's Soul and Time Splitters 2 emulated on the PS3 looked better at the time I tried it. Really bothered me and made me angry at Geoff.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

the graphics were good enough that I had no problems playing the game, bad enough that I'll still be selling my PS3 copy and getting this one. plus increased player count for online stuff on the next/current gen consoles.. hell yes.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'd say the problem with Dark Souls 2's graphics is more how inconsistent they are. When it's at its best, it's the best looking game in the series (Heide's Tower, Majula, most of the later game stuff), when it's at its worst (Shaded Woods, obviously), it's by far the ugliest and makes Demon's Souls look like eff'n Crysis. It's just baffling how some of this stuff ended up in the same game. Even by Souls standards - it's not like these games were ever technological marvels.

Seriously though, how you guys can look at Shaded Woods and tell me you don't see how mind-bogglingly ugly this shit is... I'm not buying it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.