Legion on FX

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Legion on FX

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

I was sold when I found it was the same creator as the Fargo series.

First episode was solid, setting up the stage for the rest of the show.
I just hope they don't rely too heavily on the "is this real or imagined" trope, but I've got high confidence in Hawley after the first 2 seasons of Fargo.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: Legion on FX

Post by The Bill »

I was so impressed with the first episode that I don't want to talk about it out of fear the rest of the season will go another way & tank via jinx.
Eight Bit Alien
HATE RIDING BIKE...PULL ME.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

So this is the X-Men show right? In some sense?

I've been so wrapped up in the DC CW stuff that I've completely ignored Marvel's TV, Netflix excluded.

The reviews seem good - I kinda dig this trend in TV to really loosely adapt some recognizable property. It's a weird cultural current but the results are usually surprisingly solid.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:08 pm I just hope they don't rely too heavily on the "is this real or imagined" trope,
Well, thing is the Marvel character he is based off of has multiple personality disease. It looks like they swapped that out for schizophrenia, perhaps. So, if they are going to go "by the book" he's going to have a lot confused moments.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Episode 2 was also good. Looks like it will be solid all the way through. Is that yellow eyed bastard Mojo?
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Great show. From what I understand it's supposed to be a parallel universe. This is the only comic show that I'm watching, but I may start to get into the Flash and DD, because most are predictable and cookie cutter.
The Bill wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:40 am Is that yellow eyed bastard Mojo?
It's probably one of his personalities, but man I hope it's Mojo. :bean:
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

The Bill wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:32 am
Necrophilic Mallard wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:08 pm I just hope they don't rely too heavily on the "is this real or imagined" trope,
Well, thing is the Marvel character he is based off of has multiple personality disease. It looks like they swapped that out for schizophrenia, perhaps. So, if they are going to go "by the book" he's going to have a lot confused moments.
Yeah, I just meant given his schizophrenia/split-personality/"talent", the show runners will have all kinds of opportunities to exploit this, and they will - they have already. If it's done well, like it has been so far, then I'm all for it. It just needs to not slip into some M. Night type bullshit.

Episode 2 was dark as fuck.
Not sure if they're going to stick to him being Xavier's son, and all this stuff is just implanted memories, or if he really has some legit child trauma...daddy diddled?

Mojo is a good theory, he did say he can see alternate universes...
Or maybe Shadow King? (I'm really not up on my Marvel trivia at all)
Could just be a manifestation of his remembering bad memories.

Show rules so far. And Syd's hot pants :drooly:
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:41 pm
Mojo is a good theory, he did say he can see alternate universes...
Or maybe Shadow King? (I'm really not up on my Marvel trivia at all)
Could just be a manifestation of his remembering bad memories.
I randomly stumbled unto an article about the "Yellow Eyed Devil" this weekend. Can't remember how or where, but they threw in the Shadow King as a possibility. Good choice, I completely forgot about him and how he tends to be in gluttonous bodies and also has yellow eyes. They also mentioned a personality called Fiend that Legion has. I know nothing of this personality/character.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Episode 3 genuinely unnerved me. Could just be me getting older but a TV show has never done that to me before. I tip my hat.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Latest episode was ASStastic. :mastoman:
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

This is the best comic adaptation I've ever seen. I can see how the guy from Fargo jumped at this chance because he can fully flex his creative muscles. I've never seen psychic warfare filmed is such a manner. I think this is the first time I've seen a completely sadistic godlike being on film. Him slaughtering those guards on the CCTV. :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Show rules so hard right now.
And the directing is fantastic...the colors, the split camera shots in the hallway. This episode was beautiful. And dat ass :drooly:

So now we know that Lenny is the shadow king, and can manifest outside David's body when it wants to, and maybe even only to some people in some forms.
His sister seems to have seen them all, though.

Wondering where they're going with the adoption angle...maybe we'll see Professor X after all?
Aside from there being mutants, this show has been totally devoid of any X-men shit.
And Division 3 totally reminds of The Combine from Half Life.

We never see David's parents' faces in his memories, and his dad in particular is always in shadow. Shadow King is intentionally hiding it.
It's like anytime he starts to realize his abilities, or confesses to someone that he can see shadow king, shadow king interferes.
The Obama shrink got close to a confession, and now he's disappeared...maybe shadow king killed him, or maybe it was just Division 3.

And now Division 3 knows about shadow king, and recognize that David is just the vessel.
Curly haired dude is not just trying to kill David, he's motivated to kill shadow king, and may have always been aware of shadow king.

In the last scene, Syd seems to be the only one aware of the fact that they're in another fake world, but one that David feels is insulated from shadow king... even though Lenny's right there.
But David's sister isn't there, and who's the Asian dude?
Fact #7
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

:shock: