Post by Foot Foot »

Overnight - 9/10
Koma - 9/10
Just Friends - 3/10
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

1986 Transformers animated movie - 8/10

Still pretty damn epic and still pretty fucking sweet overall. This movie blew my mind as a kid. It had people cussing and characters dying and shit! When I watch it now theres a few flaws, mainly the biggest one being the character deaths, at least so early on in the movie. Plus the musics gay. Totally, totally gay.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Sunshine - 7.5/10

Solid flick - Homage to Dark Star with the Pinback name? I wasn't so into certain aspects of the ending, but I really dug the idea of a mission to the sun. I am also a sucker for sci-fi, so I had a shit eating grin through the whole thing.
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

Iron Goldie wrote:1986 Transformers animated movie - 8/10

Still pretty damn epic and still pretty fucking sweet overall. This movie blew my mind as a kid. It had people cussing and characters dying and shit! When I watch it now theres a few flaws, mainly the biggest one being the character deaths, at least so early on in the movie. Plus the musics gay. Totally, totally gay.
aside from the really gay music that's all over it, there's that Weird Al song thrown in for no apparent reason, too.
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

chrusti(ns)anity wrote:
Iron Goldie wrote:1986 Transformers animated movie - 8/10

aside from the really gay music that's all over it, there's that Weird Al song thrown in for no apparent reason, too.
Which is actually probably the best song in the movie.... But yeah, that music in that movie fails even more than Starscream.
Stereo Sound Agent 1971

Post by Stereo Sound Agent 1971 »

Heartbreak Ridge: 10/10. CAn't fuck with Gunny Highway. Clint Eastwood is the motherfucking man.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

The Fountain - 9/10 ... I think the second time seeing it had the most impact, and this third watch was just... I don't know. I won't watch this again for a few years, but I fell I'll keep coming back to it more than any other movie.
stigmata
Keep it thick...

Post by stigmata »

ghost ship

5/10

the opening scene was the best part
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

ebola syndrome - 8
men behind the sun - 8
TxTxD
git help.

Post by TxTxD »

The Libertine - 6.5/10. A bit art-faggy and not my kind of film, but not unenjoyable. Brawl scene needed to be longer. Everything else needed to be shorter.
Image Image
Bodiesablaze
Inhale/Exhale

Post by Bodiesablaze »

I saw Superbad the other night, and I'd probably give it a 9/10. It's been a while since I've seen a really good comedy. I've yet to see 40-Year Old Virgin or Knocked Up, but if I laugh half as hard as I did for this movie, I'll look forward to it.

Basically it's just a good comedy based on absurd/awkward high-school-type situations. Occasionally some interesting shots...decent dialogue, too.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

The Stink of the Flesh - 4
Gay for Cock
Olde Timer

Post by Gay for Cock »

The number 23 - 10/10 Maybe you didn't like it BUT I FUCKING DID, SCUMBAGS!
"It is the maze that dreams. And I am lost."
mithrandir
It's my lucky day!

Post by mithrandir »

The Dinner Game – quirky French comedy, so so - 5

Martin – I didnt like the ending but loved the rest of it, I especially like how they splice in sequences of Martins past to look like old Universal Horror movies, lot of interesting and unique camera angles that I cant recall Romero ever doing before, probably Romero's best Non-zombie movie IMO, - 7.5

Fortress – early 90s Sci-fi/action movie with that guy from the Highlander, and Kurtwood Smith haha, not too bad really, I liked the concept and plot, a bit predicable, - 5

Dark Portals: The Chronicles of Vidocq – interesting and stylized French movie about that Vidocq fellow, I guess he's sort of the French version of Sherlock Holmes? I have no clue, but I liked this movie, a part from the stylized CGI hue on everything filmed, I really liked the story had an interesting villain, and the plot path was fairly complex going between past and future segments with a nice twist at the end, - 6.5

The Illustrated Man - fucking loved this! Ray Bardbury at his finest IMO, I loved the Illustrated Man himself, he was fucking brutal! - 8

The United States of Leland – disenchanted modern youth kills a retarded kid, nothing really to write home about, - 3

The Science of Sleep - avant-Romantic Comedy? , dont even know what to qualify this movie as, kind of a unique exploration of dreams with some inventive thought provoking Sci-Fi ideas thrown in, the dialogue switches between English and French throughout the whole movie, I did like it but Im still digesting it from watching it last night, definitely not for all, the romantic comedy angle might throw some people off, but I think there's plenty there to chew on besides that aspect, - 7
Vlygar the Impregnable
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Vlygar the Impregnable »

Hot Fuzz - 7/10 pretty much a spoof of the wicker man.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

mithrandir wrote:The Illustrated Man - fucking loved this! Ray Bardbury at his finest IMO, I loved the Illustrated Man himself, he was fucking brutal! - 8
Man, perhaps I will check this out!
eBay 2a03
World's Worst Detective

Post by eBay 2a03 »

If you take any Swiss Franc note and expose it to microwaves, it will curl up and ignite. Once it's cooled down, you'll find a fine powder that, when ingested, will kill you painlessly. A 10 franc note has enough poison to kill a family of four.
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

Post by bloodybloodlicker »

Sunshine - 7.9/10 I really dug this movie but then the end got really confusing and scattered. But overall, it was rad.
*burp*
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

mithrandir wrote:The Dinner Game – quirky French comedy, so so - 5

Martin – I didnt like the ending but loved the rest of it, I especially like how they splice in sequences of Martins past to look like old Universal Horror movies, lot of interesting and unique camera angles that I cant recall Romero ever doing before, probably Romero's best Non-zombie movie IMO, - 7.5
i loved both of these... especially Martin
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

transformers - 3
jack the ripper (franco) - 6
death wish - 7
Stereo Sound Agent 1971

Gay for Cock wrote:The number 23 - 10/10 Maybe you didn't like it BUT I FUCKING DID, SCUMBAGS!
Excellent concept, absolute SHIT execution. Who's the killer? Oh, let us just TELL YOU POINT BLANK. I guess they have never heard of suspense in a "thriller."

Fletch - 10/10. Goddamnit, I love this movie. Chevy Chase doing what he does best: be a smart-ass, and fall down a lot.

"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State."

Oh, and always charge it to the Underhills.

Jarhead - 8.5/10. Excellent acting, great story, but some of the stuff left out of the book pisses me off. Jamie Foxx as Staff Sgt. Sikes was perfect. Some people hate this movie because there's no war in a war flick. Well, Swofford never saw any war in that tremendous 4 days ground assault, so there you go. It's an awesome look into living in the "rear" in a war, and dealing with the Corp and his troubles back home.
lifeindeadtime
Fearless Undead Machines

Post by lifeindeadtime »

Scarface. 8/10.

Believe it or not, I never saw it before.

It was on Sundance in November. I've had it sitting on my DVR just waiting for a chance to watch it. My wife is babysitting for another couple, and I had the place to myself. Bad accents, drugs, and violence!
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

Stereo Sound Agent 1971 wrote:
Jarhead - 8.5/10. Excellent acting, great story, but some of the stuff left out of the book pisses me off. Jamie Foxx as Staff Sgt. Sikes was perfect. Some people hate this movie because there's no war in a war flick. Well, Swofford never saw any war in that tremendous 4 days ground assault, so there you go. It's an awesome look into living in the "rear" in a war, and dealing with the Corp and his troubles back home.
Damn good movie! I saw it in the theater. Still haven't read the book though, how is that?
Stereo Sound Agent 1971

Iron Goldie wrote:
Damn good movie! I saw it in the theater. Still haven't read the book though, how is that?
Do yourself a favor and pick it up. Fills in many gaps. In the beginning of the movie, it mentions his father, mother and sister, and the book actually goes into detail about it. It follows him a bit after the war, and you find out how fucked up his platoon-mates were afterwards. You also find out how Troy (his spotter) died. The searing boredom he deals with in Iraq is in much more vivid detail. A lot of the things that happen in the movie to Swoff actually happened to other people, and they just piled it onto his character to make the movie funnier (bugle tryouts, being one).

It's written by Swofford himself (NOT ghost-written) and it's just a brutally honest account of his time in the Corps.
lifeindeadtime
Fearless Undead Machines

Post by lifeindeadtime »

Iron Goldie wrote:
Do yourself a favor and pick it up. Fills in many gaps. In the beginning of the movie, it mentions his father, mother and sister, and the book actually goes into detail about it. It follows him a bit after the war, and you find out how fucked up his platoon-mates were afterwards. You also find out how Troy (his spotter) died. The searing boredom he deals with in Iraq is in much more vivid detail. A lot of the things that happen in the movie to Swoff actually happened to other people, and they just piled it onto his character to make the movie funnier (bugle tryouts, being one).

It's written by Swofford himself (NOT ghost-written) and it's just a brutally honest account of his time in the Corps.
I didn't like Jarhead, but mostly because I expected better from Sam Mendes. This, from the guy that gave us American Beauty, and Road to Perdition. It sounds like a faithful adaptation from all accounts. I just feel like it could have been more.