Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Whee of the Dead »

Hunter wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:50 am
THE KILL wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:30 am
Hunter wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:59 pm Ebola Syndrome - 7.5/10 - I was not prepared for how fucked up this was. I have seen some fucked up flicks, but this... this is up there.
:lol: check out another CatIII (= the Hongkong equivalent of X-rated) classic, The Untold Story. Same director, same actor (Anthony Wong), who was awarded a HK Oscar for his performance :awesome: the man is a complete lunatic, but pops up in the unlikeliest places; among else, he's the baddy in Hard Boiled.
Some more fucked up CatIII-films: Run and Kill (Simon Yam as a baddy!), Red to Kill (haven't seen this one yet, but it was done by the same team as Run and Kill... which is a lot worse than Ebola Syndrome), Men Behind the Sun (depending on your sensibilities, this is the worst of the bunch), and Dr Lamb (again, Simon Yam).
Thanks for the recommendations! I've been picking up more CatIII flicks here and there now that I have a region free player. I've seen mention of The Untold Story a few times, but the others you've mentioned are new to me. The things I found most difficult to watch in Ebola Syndrome were the scenes of animal cruelty. I'm a softy about that stuff in my old age. 88 Films has put out a couple CatIII restorations recently - Riki Oh: The Story of Ricky (grabbed this - a classic!), and Robotrix, but I'm keeping an eye out for others.
Dr. Lamb
Day Without Policeman
Naked Killer
Raped By An Angel
The Underground Banker
Daughter of Darkness
Twist

are all great Cat III flicks worth seeking out.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Whee of the Dead wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:29 pm
Dr. Lamb
Day Without Policeman
Naked Killer
Raped By An Angel
The Underground Banker
Daughter of Darkness
Twist

Excellent - thanks for the recs! I'm going to add these to my list.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Drive My Car - 6
Duck Soup - 7
Europa - 8
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

caddyshack - 6/10. eh, not feeling it
formerly ghost boner
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Hunter wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:50 am Thanks for the recommendations! I've been picking up more CatIII flicks here and there now that I have a region free player. I've seen mention of The Untold Story a few times, but the others you've mentioned are new to me. The things I found most difficult to watch in Ebola Syndrome were the scenes of animal cruelty. I'm a softy about that stuff in my old age. 88 Films has put out a couple CatIII restorations recently - Riki Oh: The Story of Ricky (grabbed this - a classic!), and Robotrix, but I'm keeping an eye out for others.
Hey man, I feel ya. I could never watch stuff like Cannibal Holocaust nowadays... yeah, Story of Ricky is a classic, but I haven't yet seen an uncut version of Robotrix. Now let's see... yeah, https://rarelust.com/ has it. Only 17 hours to go!

Whee of the Dead wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:29 pm
Day Without Policeman
Raped By An Angel
The Underground Banker
Daughter of Darkness
Twist

Haven't seen any of those yet, thanks for the tips!
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

new texas chainsaw - 1.4
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Se7en - 10
Miller's Crossing - 10
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Yes, Madam! (1985) - 7,5/10
Weird mix of absolute top shelf kung fu & stunt action in the beginning and end and an overabundance of retarded comedy in between involving Tsui Hark of all things. Michelle Yeoh is in top form. Was surprised to see how fucking hard everybody in this film hits, the filming must have been hell.

Royal Warriors (1986) - 8/10
Cons: an annoying Michael Wong. Pros: that asshole dies and then it's revenge time. Michelle Yeoh driving a tank and fighting a baddy with a chainsaw. A lot more action than in In the Line of Duty 1/ Yes, Madam!.

In the Line of Duty III (1988) - 7/10
Cynthia Khan takes over from Michelle Yeoh and does a pretty decent job. Has fewer action scenes than Royal Warriors, but still enough, and Dick Wei is a delight as usual.

Night of the Demons (1987) - 6/10
Some nice special/ gore effects (and some mediocre ones), some T&A, great sets, moody lighting with lots of blacks. Unfortunately, the story is paper thin, the characters are mostly obnoxious, and the film is quite boring. Totally undeserved cult status, if you ask me.

In the Line of Duty IV - 7/10
Lots of fights, most of which are decently choreographed, but since it has such an excellent reputation, I was a little underwhelmed. Some good stunts - Cynthia Khan is game!

The Inspector Wears Skirts - 6,5/10
All-star female cast, Cynthia Rothrock kicks lots of butt, but suffers from typical HK weaknesses: has a great action scene at the beginning, followed by an hour of infantile clowning around, then there's a great finale - involving a Gwailo fighting monkey style kung fu. WHat the hell...

White Ghost 6,5/10
Decent jungle fightin flick. Has only very little Reb Brown, but apart from that has quite many action scenes and explosions, some of which aren't that shabby at all. And let's be honest, the guy playing the main character was a much better actor than Reb Brown.

Strikeforce/ Cobra Force - 5/10
Another atrocity by Bruno Mattei. Was looking forward to Reb Brown screaming and shooting stuff, which is what you get, but not much more (among else, there was never any blood whenever people were shot. So they blew all the budget on pyrotechnics or what). Annoying synth score. Lots of dumb shit in this film, might work as a party flick for some folks.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Story of Ricky - 8/10
Holy fuck, I'd forgotten how much gore and far out retarded bullshit is in this movie. An absolute classic.

Midnight Eye Goku - 6,5/10
Anime Cyberpunk Noir by the dude who made Cyber City Oedo. Plenty of cool ideas, but everything was done a hundred times better in CCO.

Wishmaster - 7/10
Solid story, the Djinn is interesting and you're always looking forward to how he twists people's wishes around so that they get fucked. Many nicely done, hand made gore effects, and some hilariously godawful digital ones, but IMO they enhance the 90s flair. Also, cameos by Robert Englund, Kane Hodder, and Tony Todd.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Righting Wrongs - 7,5/10
Yuen Biao plays a state prosecutor who takes the law into his own hands. Plenty of well-done kung fu fights, good stunts, and an insane sequence at the end where Yuen Biao is dangling at the end of a rope tied to a (flying) plane.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

action point - 4/10. this does have misfits/the clash written on a jacket and does feature several old punk songs and a motorhead shirt from what i caught, clint. id advise not actually watching it though. its pretty bad
formerly ghost boner
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Nightmares ('83) - 7.5/10 - Black Flag plays while a pre-Repo Man Emilio Estivez tells his dad to fuck off so he can play video games. Lee Ving is an escaped murderous psychopath. Clark from The Thing squares off against a mythical rat that is terrorizing his home. Lance Henrickson has a lapse of faith and gets chased by a demonic truck with tinted windows. It was also a pilot for a tv series, which helps explain why it feels like good Tales from the Darkside episodes.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

The batman - 9
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i'm liking it more and more the more i think about it. it was definitely too long and i started to really feel it in the back quarter but other than that it was so so so damn good
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

cant wait to see it, looks solid

worried about the riddlers voice though, it sounds so goofy in the trailers
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

100% unapologetically pro-Bane, for context
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Brother of Darkness - 6/10
Same director made Run and Kill, so maybe I had too high expectations; while there is a fair amount of sleaze in this, there's too much boring softcore bullshit and not enough insanity. Also, it has Anthony Wong, but he plays a prosecutor and not the baddie?! Huh, interesting casting choice...
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Hard to Be a God (2013) - 7/10
Oof, you definitely feel the three hour runtime. Incredibly dense images, fucktons of dirt, body fluids, and violence, it's always raining, and everybody's borderline retarded.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Chernobyl: The Lost Tapes - 10
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

rules
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Hereditary

without the score this pretty much turns into a straight up comedy. I think I prefer it that way.

Spider-Man 2 - 7
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

10/10

:fonz:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Sausage Fest - 7/10
Some of it is as entertaining as the better South Park episodes, some of it is made up of the kind of American stoner humour I can't abide. It's a decent watch, all in all.

American Pie - The Naked Mile - 6/10
Call me an old softy, but I enjoyed the relaxed attitude towards nudity and boners.

Millionaire's Express (1986) - 6/10
Star-studded snoozefest that takes three quarter of an hour to introduce a huge amount of uninteresting characters until the first fight between Yuen Biao and Sammo Hung starts and then ends quickly again. Another half an hour of braindead HK comedy follows, then a pretty decent finale. It's enough if you watch the last 20 minutes.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

david cross: im from the future - 7.5/10
formerly ghost boner
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Juice (92) 7/10 - Interesting that the Bomb Squad did the OST after producing Fight The Power w/ Public Enemy for Do The Right Thing. I think they pulled it off.

The Untold Story (93) 8.5/10 - I fully enjoyed this - thank you The Kill for the recommendation! Gruesome murders paired with weirdly humorous bumbling and horny cops.

The Parallax View (74) 9/10 - Fuck modern bullshit conspiracy theories with bullshit jewish blood libel or pedophilic cabals. This is a much more believable depiction of a secret organization pulling the strings.

Turning Red (22) 5/10 - Sometimes you watch things.

Hell Comes To Frog Town (88) 7/10 - Rowdy Roddy Piper will always entertain me. The practical effects and horny USA-Network-Up-All-Night type plot line offset the slow pace - for me at least.

The Adam Project (22) 4/10 - Sometimes you watch things that you find kind of insulting.

Pet Sematary Two (92) 6.5/10 - It's a tough watch for the first half, but it pays off in the back half. Once Clancy Brown gets an attitude adjustment, you're off to the races.

Spider-Man: No Way Home (22) 7/10 - I don't have a lot of nostalgia for the previous Spider Man flicks, including Raimi's. This oscillates wildly between good and annoying for me, but I'm a sucker for those Dr. Strange effects.