Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Necrometer »

mortal kombat (2021!!!) 4/10 but james I think you should watch this. it's certainly not boring! the new techno song is terrible fwiw
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

To the Ends of the Earth (2019) - 7
Dead of Winter (1987) - 5
The Long Hair of Death - 5
The Incredible Petrified World - 4
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wonder Woman 1984 - 3/10

It's bad. Really bad. Not in a way that's interesting or anything either, just bad.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

The End of the World - 6
The Fury of the Wolf Man - 4.5
Sex World - 6.5
Army of the Dead - 0
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

MPD wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:56 pm Army of the Dead - 0
just turned this off after an hour

this is my THIRD zs movie of 2021

zs:not ratio is way way way too high
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Bummed by the reviews its getting, Dawn 04 was a classic and recreating that magic seemed attainable.

Pandemic-era movies and TV have been really fucking bad and Im ready to move on to the next era. Don't really care what we leave behind, we can't stay here.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

i think a huge difference is the writing - james gunn wrote the remake; this is a novel story written by snyder. premise is so awesome but movie sucks. the stuff I read made me relieved to have bailed.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

michael jacksons moonwalker - 8.5/10. hadnt seen this in quite some time. still fucking slays. would be higher if there wasnt like 80 hours of pointless old footage at the beginning
formerly ghost boner
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Deathwatch - 6.5
The Father - 8
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

You Don't Know Jack - 8/10 - Pacino was fucking great as Kevorkian. The scene of him walking down the aisle in the prison at the end was fucking amazing. Really well done TV movie that I meant to check out years ago and never got around to it.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

The Woman in the Window - 7
Herself - 6.5
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:24 am You Don't Know Jack - 8/10 - Pacino was fucking great as Kevorkian. The scene of him walking down the aisle in the prison at the end was fucking amazing. Really well done TV movie that I meant to check out years ago and never got around to it.
I didn't know this existed, I'll have to check this out

while ago I heard Kevorkian's jazz music stuff and I thought it was generally excellent
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Army of the Dead - I'd give it a 5/10, not really as bad as some reviews made it out to be, but definitely nothing I'd have wanted to pay $10 for. Total waste of the concept is a real shame - it's a fucking great premise.

Opening credits were great in a popcorn way, and the 'hallway full of sleepers' is a historic top-10 zombie scene imo. Aside from that, everything everyone said is true. I'm wondering if the other tie-in material Netflix is making will be any good (animated show, prequel, etc) - just holding out hope that some of this could be salvaged.

The 'smart alpha zombie' idea fucking sucks imo, or at least it was executed terribly. Having that queen lady prance around doing a mean-looking dance was fucking stupid as shit. Just show her being smart, why should she make music video poses all the time? Some flashbacks to the 'borg queen' idea pretty much ruining the idea of depersonalization in Star Trek, giving a relatable motive to the inscrutable force just sorta sucks, it's not the right time for sympathetic villain shit.

I'd put it on par with those Resident Evil movies, though. Never ever want to watch another one of those, but you niggas with the 0/10 scores are exaggerating.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Here Alone - 6.5
The Marksman - 4
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Sound of Metal - 2
Had low expectations going in, and was still underwhelmed.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Ironweed - 7.5
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

the 0/10 scores are exaggerating.
only MPD did that! I simply turned it off before the halfway point 8)

it watched some more tonight because I was curious to see the legendary dead pixels. it turns out the Operation-inspired sleeping zombies scene is dead pixel central… and I agree that the scene did seem decent! the zombie tiger looked fucking great too.

I’m super curious about the physical basis behind the orbiting/flickering mini dead pixels that hang out around the main dead pixel. are we seeing electron orbitals encoded into a netflix movies?
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

Sneakers - 10/10

top 3 movie...when I was young, there used to be a video rental place inside of a grocery store

I'm sure I've talked about this film before,,, but there is actually nothing so comforting, fun, yet still oddly mystical

truly one of the greatest films of all time
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

it’s a fucking classic
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:55 pm
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:24 am You Don't Know Jack - 8/10 - Pacino was fucking great as Kevorkian. The scene of him walking down the aisle in the prison at the end was fucking amazing. Really well done TV movie that I meant to check out years ago and never got around to it.
I didn't know this existed, I'll have to check this out

while ago I heard Kevorkian's jazz music stuff and I thought it was generally excellent
It was an HBO TV movie a while back but it's on HBO Max now. Great cast, John Goodman plays his right hand man.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

The Ticket of Leave Man - 6
The Shadow of China Town - 6.5
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Tenet - 7
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

The Amusement Park - 7

Romero does an industrial film for a Lutheran church about the plights old people face during their last years and it comes off as Bernie Sanders PSA made in the Twilight Zone. George has a cameo where he rants about old people drivers.

The Conjuring 3 - 2

Want to watch tired, milquetoast horror cliches get vanquished by the power of love? Then I got a series of shitty movies for you!
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Whee of the Dead wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:38 am The Amusement Park - 7

Romero does an industrial film for a Lutheran church about the plights old people face during their last years and it comes off as Bernie Sanders PSA made in the Twilight Zone. George has a cameo where he rants about old people drivers.
Im waiting to watch this - i want to be in the perfect headspace. Knowing that this is probably the last new Romero I'll ever see is very emotional for me. Ive seen ALL of his stuff- Everything. His shit is like a lightningbolt through my life, and its powerful that this is the last story.

Ive heard mixed things about the movie, but getting to experience his voice one more time, I almost don't care what it's saying. Happy someone finally brought this out.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:59 pm
Whee of the Dead wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:38 am The Amusement Park - 7

Im waiting to watch this - i want to be in the perfect headspace. Knowing that this is probably the last new Romero I'll ever see is very emotional for me. Ive seen ALL of his stuff- Everything. His shit is like a lightningbolt through my life, and its powerful that this is the last story.

Ive heard mixed things about the movie, but getting to experience his voice one more time, I almost don't care what it's saying. Happy someone finally brought this out.
There's another short/PSA thing that the Romero Foundation is working on right now!

I recommend The Amusement Park if you're a total completist. It's so bizarre when you think of the original intentions it spawned from. Saw it at an Alamo in Austin and giggled when a few horror nerds left semi-bickering, as if they were thinking someone uncovered a lost Dawn of the Dead or such.

I'll always love Romero, even when his stuff got dopey in the second half of his career. He made more legit horror classics than most and his style was stronger than most. Even a second tier film of his like The Crazies was miles ahead of most stuff.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD