Music posts are a bannable offense.
GoreyGibbler
Olde Timer

Post by GoreyGibbler »

I'll shut up.
TxTxD
git help.

Post by TxTxD »

Myiasis wrote:I agree with you mostly Teuful, except I think Hendo and Alexander will win. Bisping's gonna bring the pain to Matt Hammill. I'm hoping Cro Cop pulls off the win, but I'm really worried about that fight. Kongo is amazing on his feet, so it'll probably be a war. I almost don't wanna make a pick because it's just too tough to tell.

On a side note... I'm definitely NOT excited about this beeing on Spike TV. Sure it's free, but all the commercials really ruined it for me last time. I work at 11pm on Saturday nights and when the events are on PPV, they generally finish with just enough time for me to scoot out and make it on time. The last free Spike event took for EVER and I missed the Cro Cop/Gonzaga fight and the main event. I'll probably miss the last two or three fights on this one, too. I'd rather pay the $40 to see all the fights and not have to endure those massive amounts of horrid repeating commercials.
Do you not have a VCR machine?
Image Image
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

TxTxD wrote:
Myiasis wrote:I agree with you mostly Teuful, except I think Hendo and Alexander will win. Bisping's gonna bring the pain to Matt Hammill. I'm hoping Cro Cop pulls off the win, but I'm really worried about that fight. Kongo is amazing on his feet, so it'll probably be a war. I almost don't wanna make a pick because it's just too tough to tell.

On a side note... I'm definitely NOT excited about this beeing on Spike TV. Sure it's free, but all the commercials really ruined it for me last time. I work at 11pm on Saturday nights and when the events are on PPV, they generally finish with just enough time for me to scoot out and make it on time. The last free Spike event took for EVER and I missed the Cro Cop/Gonzaga fight and the main event. I'll probably miss the last two or three fights on this one, too. I'd rather pay the $40 to see all the fights and not have to endure those massive amounts of horrid repeating commercials.
Do you not have a VCR machine?
I don't actually haha. I did however get to see half of the Hammil-Bisping fight and the page-hendo fight here at work. Absolutely can't believe that decision Hammil won it.

Props to Kongo. Wish I could have seen that fight.
Image You know the mind has a thousand eyes Image
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Alexander mauled Sakara. Mauled.

Davis vs Taylor was pretty impressive. To get kicked in the neck that solid and come back to win in the same round with an arm bar is pretty classy.

RIP CroCop. I'd imagine retirement is happening in the near future. I counted 4 nutsack slams. Not a pretty fight for the most part.

Hamill should have won IMO. Bisping didn't gas and maybe that's why he won, but how many times did he take Hamill down? Hometown decision, I guess.

Rampage/Henderson was a solid fight. Felt like a pride fight? Maybe it was just that it went the distance and was a full on battle for the duration. I was impressed with Rampage's ground game past round 2.
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

Well, I just saw the Kongo/Crocop fight.

Kongo kicked his ass good. Good and hard. He looked like the better striker to me tonight. That ax kick he landed made my ribs hurt.

ooooh and I just saw the Houston Alexander fight... DAMN. Big time brutal. I wonder who's going to have an answer for this guy. It's kind of hard to tell if he's for real yet since he's only fought a total of about two minutes. His power is undeniable but I wanna see what he's got for endurance and heart. I'd like to see him fight a guy like Tito. Either Tito will give him the endurance test or Alexander will cave Tito's big stupid face in.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

[quote="Myiasis"]Well, I just saw the Kongo/Crocop fight.

Kongo kicked his ass good. Good and hard. He looked like the better striker to me tonight. That ax kick he landed made my ribs hurt.

ooooh and I just saw the Houston Alexander fight... DAMN. Big time brutal. I wonder who's going to have an answer for this guy. It's kind of hard to tell if he's for real yet since he's only fought a total of about two minutes. His power is undeniable but I wanna see what he's got for endurance and heart. I'd like to see him fight a guy like Tito. Either Tito will give him the endurance test or Alexander will cave Tito's big stupid face in.[/quote]

This I want to see
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

CroCop should retire.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

Mr. Budd wrote:CroCop should retire.
He obviously can't be arsed anymore, its sad really
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Too many great fighters have gone gunshy lately. Look at Arlovski for example - he used to horrify people. Now he's known as one of the most pensive fighters on the planet. CroCop vs. Arlovski will be next. Loser goes home.

Those london judges did Bisping no favors. He is going to hear about that false decision for ever.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

Mr. Budd wrote:Too many great fighters have gone gunshy lately. Look at Arlovski for example - he used to horrify people. Now he's known as one of the most pensive fighters on the planet. CroCop vs. Arlovski will be next. Loser goes home.

Those london judges did Bisping no favors. He is going to hear about that false decision for ever.
Totally, it was a really Ricky Hatton moment, I dunno, Mike's a good fighter but sometimes getting beat is no bad thing, you can only learn from it, he's gonna have to seriously prove something in his next fight
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Wait... what? Does anyone honestly believe that Hamill won the fight? What the fuck were you guys smoking? Hamill kicked Bisping's ass in the first round, then gassed and did nothing for the rest of the fight. He got a few shots in, but Bisping countered with combinations and was more aggressive standing up. Hamill got the takedowns but did nothing on the ground, at no point was Bisping in danger of being stopped, or even in great danger on the ground. Hamill gassed, Bisping was able to use his better cardio to muscle his way back to his feet and smack Hamill around some more with combinations. I'm sorry, but you aren't going to win a fight when you spend the second and third rounds laying and praying while your opponent gets up again and again and throws combinations at you. It was a close fight, but anyone who claims Hamill was robbed is seriously retarded.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Teufel wrote:Wait... what? Does anyone honestly believe that Hamill won the fight? What the fuck were you guys smoking? Hamill kicked Bisping's ass in the first round, then gassed and did nothing for the rest of the fight. He got a few shots in, but Bisping countered with combinations and was more aggressive standing up. Hamill got the takedowns but did nothing on the ground, at no point was Bisping in danger of being stopped, or even in great danger on the ground. Hamill gassed, Bisping was able to use his better cardio to muscle his way back to his feet and smack Hamill around some more with combinations. I'm sorry, but you aren't going to win a fight when you spend the second and third rounds laying and praying while your opponent gets up again and again and throws combinations at you. It was a close fight, but anyone who claims Hamill was robbed is seriously retarded.
If it had gone 5 rounds, Bisping would've won. Most of Bisping's combinations weren't making contact at all, or were being effectively blocked. Hell, Hamill even stunned Bisping in the last 10 seconds, even though he was out of steam. Bisping had more energy at the end of the fight, but based on those 3 rounds, should've lost. Hometown advantage at it's finest.

I'm still really depressed Cro-Cop didn't do more. How many fights does he have left in his contract? One?
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Mr. Budd wrote:Too many great fighters have gone gunshy lately. Look at Arlovski for example - he used to horrify people. Now he's known as one of the most pensive fighters on the planet. CroCop vs. Arlovski will be next. Loser goes home.
This is dead on. It's so sad to see those two, and Wandy, look like they have broken spirits lately.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
F/K/A HAPF
How's them beans, ma?

Post by F/K/A HAPF »

Hamill won the first round but Bisping didn't IMO win the last two. Could have went either way. Regardless, it will happen again in the US.
Alexander's knock out was awesome and Davis getting that armbar was cool. Crocop sucked last night like he had no idea what he could do against Kengo. Rampage/Henderson wasn't entertaining enough.
Xbox live: dashboardmelted or HAPF
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Just remembered the funniest line of the night...

"Dan's the only guy I know who can beat up my fists with his face"

Seriously, is there any doubt that Rampage is a fucking awesome showman?
Carmack
Luck of the Corpse

Post by Carmack »

CC had his rib broken in rd 1 that's why he did nothing in rds 2-3.

Rampage fought a great fight. Brawled a bit then controlled Hendo on the ground in the later rounds. I guess w/e mental things he was going through in Pride are over.

I thought Bisping won rds 2/3 in a really close fight. If they scored it a draw I would of been fine with that.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Carmack wrote:CC had his rib broken in rd 1 that's why he did nothing in rds 2-3.

Rampage fought a great fight. Brawled a bit then controlled Hendo on the ground in the later rounds. I guess w/e mental things he was going through in Pride are over.

I thought Bisping won rds 2/3 in a really close fight. If they scored it a draw I would of been fine with that.
Is is so hard to spell the actual words out?
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

Bisping shouldn't have won that. I say this as a fan of Bisping. Hamill won the first round and at least one of the next two.

Cro Cop disappointed me. At least he lost in an exciting way to Gonzaga. But if he's got a broken rib, eh... I suppose I can give him the benefit of the doubt this time. But he's still been unimpressive so far in UFC, which is a real shame.

It was nice to see the title bout go a full 5 rounds, but I would have liked to see a knockout rather than a decision. But it was the decision I expected both before and after the fight anyway, so whatever, fine by me.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Necrometer wrote:It's so sad to see those two, and Wandy, look like they have broken spirits lately.
What are you basing this on ? He's looked savage and like he's at LEAST trying in both of his last two losses, and what were his KOs ? Cro Cop headkick which would put anyone on their ass INCLUDING Mark Hunt, and that Dan Henderson hook that landed flush on his chin. His nickname is DANGEROUS for heaven's sake ! His nickname is also sometimes Hollywood.

Cro Cop looked like he didn't want to be there for Rds 2&3, which a broken rib certainly explains. I think it's funny that the attitude seems to be like "Well Randy fought on with a broken arm come on, you gotta suck that up !!" Right. BROKEN rib. ugh. Every breath hurts so fucking bad, and he's got Kongo throwing kick after kick at him, and he finished the fight ?! Much respect to Cro Cop, not much to the armchair elitists.

The Bisping fight I thought was pretty even, first rd for sure to Hamill but what did he do in rds two and three ? A couple of takedowns and then pretending his head was a training mitt. Bisping's going to get KO'd very soon with that paper chin of his, but I'm glad judges aren't giving points for LnP.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

White is trying to sign a Bisping vs Hamill rematch before the end of the year. Bisping has hinted that he wants to drop down to 185 because, as was evident in the Hamill fight, he's really small for 205, even smaller than Rashad was against Ortiz.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

I didn't know CroCop broke a rib. That sucks and explains his lack of action in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I thought he looked really good in the first, stalking Kongo and even getting a mount.

Kongo also looked a bit more comfortable on the ground this time. He's still not there yet, but I did see some improvement. If he can really tighten up his ground game he's going to be a serious force.
F/K/A HAPF
How's them beans, ma?

Post by F/K/A HAPF »

After watching it again, Cro Cop should have won. Two ball shots should equal automatic DQ.
Xbox live: dashboardmelted or HAPF
Dan is The Bastard
Hetero as hell...

Post by Dan is The Bastard »

F/K/A HAPF wrote:After watching it again, Cro Cop should have won. Two ball shots should equal automatic DQ.
I counted a couple more then that. I want to see Kongo destroyed.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

It was crazy there weren't at LEAST points taken ? Two warnings on groin strikes ?
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

riley-o wrote:It was crazy there weren't at LEAST points taken ? Two warnings on groin strikes ?
"Mr. Kongo - I asked you nicely - please stop hitting Mr. Filipovic's groin, ok? LET'S GET IT ON."