The New Unstoppable MMA Thread!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Mr. Budd wrote:I'll go with Teuf's picks apart from Kongo - I think he ends CroCop.
Kongo is a really really dangerous match-up for CroCop. A grappler against Kongo is an easy win because Kongo's BJJ/wrestling isn't there, but a stand-up battle is going to end badly for one of these guys. I'd like to see CroCop take his game to the next level, rather than trying to turn all of his fights into stand-up fights, he should go for takedowns and use some of his BJJ skills (he's been training with Werdum, so obviously he must have learned something).

Same with Wanderlei and Chuck and other guys who've made careers out of being knockout artists. They need to become more well rounded, everyone else has progressed beyond that point and now it's starting to catch up to them.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Myiasis wrote:
Mr. Budd wrote:Kongo - I think he ends CroCop.
I got my ass handed to me on the old forum's MMA thread for saying something very similar to this.
No it was because you said he was a BETTER striker, which he isn't. Cro Cop is a better and more experienced striker and in his prime went to a decision with Ernesto Hoost, arguably the best K1 fighter ever. Kongo has a real shot at beating him for sure because he IS a very good striker and Cro Cop's dedication is at times questionable, AND it takes one clean shot to end a fight for a good striker. I appreciate your contributions to this board but I do think it's just patently false to say Kongo is a better striker than Cro Cop.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

What about Hendo vs Rampage? That's a tough call. I think Hendo because he's looked amazing lately but ...Rampage is on his game. Oooh it's going to be a great night of fights.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Teufel wrote:Kongo is a really really dangerous match-up for CroCop. A grappler against Kongo is an easy win because Kongo's BJJ/wrestling isn't there, but a stand-up battle is going to end badly for one of these guys. I'd like to see CroCop take his game to the next level, rather than trying to turn all of his fights into stand-up fights, he should go for takedowns and use some of his BJJ skills (he's been training with Werdum, so obviously he must have learned something).
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Murk-o took it to the ground for maximum victory. It's really the smartest move he could make and he's a smart guy.

Teufel wrote:Same with Wanderlei and Chuck and other guys who've made careers out of being knockout artists. They need to become more well rounded, everyone else has progressed beyond that point and now it's starting to catch up to them.
Wandy doesn't lose fights on the ground, I think he just prefers to brawl. He's hung in there on the ground with guys like Arona, I've always figured he just didn't want to be a part of the ground wins, not that he couldn't.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Mr. Budd wrote:What about Hendo vs Rampage? That's a tough call. I think Hendo because he's looked amazing lately but ...Rampage is on his game. Oooh it's going to be a great night of fights.
Wanderlei knocked out Rampage twice.
Henderson knocked out Wanderlei.
Henderson's never been knocked out, not even TKO'd. It's going to be a tough fight regardless.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Necrometer wrote:What is up with the belts for the Hendo/MPAG fight? They're talking about unifying the belts, but since Pride's going down the tubes does this even have meaning?
THANKS FOR ADDRESSING THIS, ASSES!
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

So ready for this.

Rampage vs. Hendo - No prediction. I just want to watch this match-up.

CroCop over Kongo - namely because Mierko probably feels he has something to prove in the UFC now. At least he's been training as such.

I have a feeling that Hamill will beat Bisping if it goes to the ground. I think Bisping is a little overrated.

Sakara over Alexander.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Hunter wrote:So ready for this.

Rampage vs. Hendo - No prediction. I just want to watch this match-up.

CroCop over Kongo - namely because Mierko probably feels he has something to prove in the UFC now. At least he's been training as such.

I have a feeling that Hamill will beat Bisping if it goes to the ground. I think Bisping is a little overrated.

Sakara over Alexander.
Well fuck, that pretty much sums up my feeling. The only thing I have to add is that I think Cro-cop is so fired up from his defeat that he'll take this fight to the ground, which has been mentioned earlier. It's gonna' be a great night of fights, regardless.
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

riley-o wrote:
Myiasis wrote:
Mr. Budd wrote:Kongo - I think he ends CroCop.
I got my ass handed to me on the old forum's MMA thread for saying something very similar to this.
No it was because you said he was a BETTER striker, which he isn't. Cro Cop is a better and more experienced striker and in his prime went to a decision with Ernesto Hoost, arguably the best K1 fighter ever. Kongo has a real shot at beating him for sure because he IS a very good striker and Cro Cop's dedication is at times questionable, AND it takes one clean shot to end a fight for a good striker. I appreciate your contributions to this board but I do think it's just patently false to say Kongo is a better striker than Cro Cop.
Well, I think that when it comes to something like fighting and you've got arguably two of the very best in the world facing each other and they both specialize in the same thing, it's gotten to the point where "who's better" is subjective. I don't think there's any way to prove who's really better at the level these guys fight at. Tit for a tat, I suppose... and it's water under the bridge now. And seeing how Cro Cop's been training is really making me feel better about him coming out on top. I do still think Kongo could ruin his day as hard as (and definitely harder than) Gonzaga did though.

Didn't Hoost KO Cro Cop with body shots in K1, too?
Image You know the mind has a thousand eyes Image
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Hahahah, Rampage is so great... I love how he stares down the camera in between questions.

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=1258

"If I had to fight me, I would retire"

and he dropped a "that's what she said" ... hahahaha
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

hahahahaha Rampage rules.

"Swim with dolphins, piss in the ocean.. ya know... you could take a crap even!"
Image You know the mind has a thousand eyes Image
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Myiasis wrote:hahahahaha Rampage rules.

"Swim with dolphins, piss in the ocean.. ya know... you could take a crap even!"
Hahaha. How can you not love Rampage? The dude is a great showman.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Rampage being in the limelight is why I will be rootin' for him tomorrow night.
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

suteli-bunn wrote:when is this?
tomorrow on Spike. Though I'm gonna be out of town when it's on, which is annoying. Hopefully the videos will show up online and still be up by the time I get to take a look. They were for most of the last one.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

MMAth doesn't work. Styles make fights. Randleman knocked out CroCop - does that make Randlecan better than CroCop? Also - Silva destroyed Rampage twice....but CroCop KOed Silva and Arona got fuck-slammed by Rampage but lost to Silva....so.........so who's better? It doesn't work that way.

This is the year of upsets and BBQed sacred cows.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Tito and Jenna are so worth interviewing: http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=17648973

Actually don't watch that, it's so fucking bad.

I will not click this thread again today until the Spike event is over. Death to spoilers.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Jesus...
Goatus
Goatus

Post by Goatus »

More like Cro Flop.
Hostage Grenade
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hostage Grenade »

Im a fan of Bisping......but he looked like shit and didnt deserve that decision. He needs to stop worrying about how many people cheer for him and get focused on being the fucking world beater that he COULD eventually be.

Cheers to UFC to dropping the ball asking a deaf guy how he felt about the decision. Did anyone catch one word? Embarrasing.
Goatus
Goatus

Post by Goatus »

I kind of sound like him when I talk right now.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Hostage Grenade wrote:Cheers to UFC to dropping the ball asking a deaf guy how he felt about the decision. Did anyone catch one word? Embarrasing.
He lost and he's a cripple...Who cares what sponsors he's thanking... Dude probably got a handicap parking spot... Fuck him.
GoreyGibbler
Olde Timer

Post by GoreyGibbler »

Deayumn, nice knee to the groin times 2.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I did not love that event... not a lot of heart displayed considering the level of dudes fighting.
GoreyGibbler
Olde Timer

Post by GoreyGibbler »

He wants to get fired?
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

GoreyGibbler wrote:He wants to get fired?
Are you accusing CroCop pulling a Bobby Blastbeat?