Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:46 am

THE KILL wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:13 am
It's amazing that this man has fans
Well, I mean, these guys exist.

I think the biggest problem with Colby is that he's trying to be like an amped-up version of Chael Sonnen in his heyday, and he just isn't smart or funny or charismatic or has any kind of personality. He's doing the same things on a surface level - openly right-wing, saying vaguely racist stuff about Brazil, calling himself the champ even though he isn't - but it just all falls flat because he's too stupid. Saying you saw the Nogueira brothers trying to feed a bus is kinda racist, but it's also actually funny.

Then again, here we are talking about him, and so's all of MMA Twitter, and that's what it takes to get fights, and Colby basically always wins those, so... yeah.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
THE KILL
Angry at the world, shaking fists!

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:21 pm

Nothing to add to that, except maybe that he's boring as shit to watch and would make a horrible champion. We'll see, maybe Masvidal will fight him one day.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:54 am

riley-o wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:18 am
I honestly had no idea there was such a thing as a Stipe Miocic fan.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
beautiful distorted postblazing

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:36 am

I’m not sure if that’s supposd to be throwing it in my face somehow, but I’m still legitimately confused by how anyone could be a Stipe Miocic fan. I’m not saying he sucks or won’t win fights; he’s a legit great and very talented. He’s just the least likeable person in the sport.
NO WUM CAM BEEP MAYYG BUX

HUG TERROR SQUAD FOREVER
FVBTVS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 am

i threw up my guns in pantomime when nate said "NICK DIAZ ARMY" and my friends all died laughing at me but i dont care

its real to me
Chad wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm
cool dudes like us
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:52 am

riley-o wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:36 am
He’s just the least likeable person in the sport.
I like him fine, but you're also a Vitor and Romero fan, so clearly we have, um.... different tastes in fighter personalities, which I've always thought was kind of funny. Can we at least agree that he's more likeable than Matt Hughes?

Anyway, I mostly just dug up that post because the exchange happened at a time when Miocic was basically nobody, and, well, look at him now.
riley-o
beautiful distorted postblazing

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:59 am

I love Vitor as a character the same way I love Diego Sanchez, but I’d hardly say I’m a fan of either.. sort of an odd distinction I grant.

Not being a fan of Yoel is totally incomprehensible to me.

I’d take 10 Matt Hugheses over Stipe.
NO WUM CAM BEEP MAYYG BUX

HUG TERROR SQUAD FOREVER
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:50 am

I don't understand how anyone could hate Stipe. He is generally a nice dude. This was the first PPV I bought in a long time and was not disappointed.
THE KILL
Angry at the world, shaking fists!

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:51 am

Yeah, I like Stipe as well, but maybe that's because I only understand half of what he's saying. Hugely enjoyed seeing him beat up Daniel Cormier. Fuck that dude's blatant eye-poking bullshit.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:58 pm

I got so pissed when Herb Dean didnt see the eyepoke in the 2nd round. It was pretty obvious
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:43 pm

THE KILL wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:51 am
I only understand half of what he's saying
There is that.