rate the last beer(s) you had 1-10

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Re: rate the last beer(s) you had 1-10

Post by Geeheeb »

Awesome. I have a three year old bottle too. I have a 2010 rodenbach that I will open soon too.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose
whatever
Image Certified Poster
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Never thought about doing that with duchesse. That Anderson Valley gose with blood oranges is really good
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Agreed on that Sierra Celebration...tried a couple last night- very good.
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

Introvert wrote:Realized that I left a 4 pack of the Duchesse in my pop's wine cellar 3 years ago. It was a bit less tart (which I don't mind tart) so you could really get the cherry taste in a good way. I love the Duchesse no matter what but I've not had it aged this long before so I may put a 4 pack away each year.

3 years? Don't tell me your old man is some kind of poofer or something.
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

bootlegger's winter ale chocolate mint porter - 8.5
ken schmidt chocolate mint stout - 8.5
belching beaver peanut butter milk stout - 7.8

i mean these were all delicious heavier/thicker beers that tasted the way they said they would taste without being too sweet, i think the belching beaver wasn't as thick as the other two so it got dinged a little and also because i want to say that i remember tasting sweet baby jesus while at maryland and remember it being thicker and better than belching beaver so that affects my grade also. was sipping on these after extended family left after christmas eve dinner and gift exchange and was watching once upon a time in the west with my mom and dad.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

i also liked that Goldun Road Gingerbread House or whatever
Image Certified Poster
Assplay!!!
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Assplay!!! »

Introvert wrote:Realized that I left a 4 pack of the Duchesse in my pop's wine cellar 3 years ago. It was a bit less tart (which I don't mind tart) so you could really get the cherry taste in a good way. I love the Duchesse no matter what but I've not had it aged this long before so I may put a 4 pack away each year.
My wife is really into sour beers. Duchesse used to be her go to. Now it's Cuvée Des Jacobins Rouge. A little pricey, but they sell it in smaller bottles so you don't have to commit to a full bomber of tartness if you just want one on your own. Speaking of expensive, my personal favorite is the Oude Tart by Bruery. If you've got $20 bucks burning a hole in your pocket and you like super tart beers... it is fucking delicious.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

1-10- terrible
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Assplay!!! wrote:
My wife is really into sour beers. Duchesse used to be her go to. Now it's Cuvée Des Jacobins Rouge. A little pricey, but they sell it in smaller bottles so you don't have to commit to a full bomber of tartness if you just want one on your own. Speaking of expensive, my personal favorite is the Oude Tart by Bruery. If you've got $20 bucks burning a hole in your pocket and you like super tart beers... it is fucking delicious.
Let me know if I can send you anything from the Cascade Barrelhouse
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

ommegang hennepin
it's a buy
Image Certified Poster
Mendicant
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Mendicant »

Introvert wrote:Courtesy of one of the best blokes ever, tonight I had my first Australian spiced winter ale - Day of the Long Shadow from Little Creatures Brewing. Fruity with nutmeg, allspice (not an unreasonable amount), and a hint of cinnamon. Fueled by muscovado and molasses for a strong kick.

:cheers: to Mendicant!
sorry mate only just saw this - I have a bad feeling those are way past their due date and I think I still have one or two - glad it didn't kill you :cheers:

I still have the 2 Hair of the Dogs that I bought at Belmont Station and think I might have to crack one soon in your honour!

the missus is trying to hassle me into going to California Deathfest in October so we may in your neck of the woods :beer: :beer: :beer:
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Went to Dogfish Head over the weekend, here are only a few (that I can remember):

Beer Thousand - Beer inspired by the band Guided By Voices. Kind of like a cross between a Belgium, blonde, and IPA. 9/10

Olde School - Barley wine aged with figs and dates. Insane flavor that will just get better in a few years, hopefully I have enough discipline to not drink it. I was going to objectively give it 9/10, but since they're cool enough to sell it for only $12 a four pack at 15%, it's getting a solid 10.

Saison Du BUFF - Interesting collaboration with Rogue and Stone where all three places brew the same recipe and then have their own special release. The main ingredients are parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Not exactly the most thirst quenching but they get an A for effort and it was kind of like drinking a pizza. 7/10.

Raison D'extra - Big brother to Raison D'etre that makes its little brother look like a fucking PBR (and I like D'etre). Malt, brown sugar, raisins for days. So much god damn flavor. Holy shit/10

Rosabi - IPA with...wasabi? I thought it was gonna be gross but it actually kicks ass, they didn't add a hell of a lot so you get a little flavor and zing at the end. I can't drink it every day but it's really well balanced and one of the most interesting micros I've had in a while. 7.5/10.

Oh yeah, randomly seeing Shelly and Chad at their brew pub - 10/10
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Went to Portland and picked up some Upright Fantasia. This beer is unreal every year. Tart and full of peach flavor. 10/10 easily.
Assplay!!!
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Assplay!!! »

7 / 10
It was a bit overly sweet and syrupy. Sure it's a barleywine, so that just comes with the territory, but it felt like this guy was aged a bit too long.
Yeah, I prefer fresh barleywines. Up mine. Hell this may have been fresh... but it was still a little too round for me.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

That beer will do that since they are using barrels that were previously holding the stout before they fill them with the barleywine from what I understand.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

2/10 Didn't like this at all
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

is that a wild yeast fermented thing, or just another ipa from victory?
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Says IPA on the bottle, but all I taste is an over the top wheat beer.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

They use wild yeast in that. Probably not for you from what I have seen you like Erik
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

No one around me sells any of the beers you people are drinking, man.

Me? I had a bunch of Coronas that were sitting around unrefrigerated since Thanksgiving. I didn't puke/10
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

This spot is a hop skip and jump off the BQE near my old spot in Bed Stuy across from Home Depot, highly recommended:

http://bedstuybeer.com/
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

6/10. I was really excited about this after all the good reviews. A bit of a letdown... too much grapefruit. Almost tastes like a shandy.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

You try the habanero version yet?
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Piss Pot Pete's Pickled Pigs Feet Amber Ale

brewed with real pork hooves!
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.