rate the last beer(s) you had 1-10

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Re: rate the last beer(s) you had 1-10

Post by Ghost Dad »

This years utopias has CMF blended into it, stoked to try it. I had utopias back in 2008, I remember it was like drinking maple vanilla liquor. Stoked for it.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Thrashmaster Flash
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Thrashmaster Flash »

cibola wrote:Epic mail. Can't wait to finally try Mamouche and the 3f green label geuze.

Lookin' good! How'd you get your hands on that Grand Cru Brouscella? And I'm glad you posted this: do you know what the difference is between 3F green and yellow label Oude Gueuze? A friend asked me the other day and I couldn't figure it out. I know the A&T Blend Gueuze is the same color green, but I think these are regular Oude Gueuze, right?
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

cibola wrote:
Necrophilic Mallard wrote:I heard cascade stopped delivering to WA, and on their website they cited legal reasons for discontinuing mail orders....bummer.
Mail order yes, but plenty distro'd to stores.
Where at?

Full Throttle says they don't have a distributor in WA anymore, and couldn't keep up with demand.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Thrashmaster Flash wrote:
cibola wrote:Epic mail. Can't wait to finally try Mamouche and the 3f green label geuze.

Lookin' good! How'd you get your hands on that Grand Cru Brouscella? And I'm glad you posted this: do you know what the difference is between 3F green and yellow label Oude Gueuze? A friend asked me the other day and I couldn't figure it out. I know the A&T Blend Gueuze is the same color green, but I think these are regular Oude Gueuze, right?
I happened upon someone with the Grand Cru Brouscella and ended up getting 3. Really unique. Opened one and it seemed like people either loved it or hated it. The different between the yellow and green 3F is supposedly nothing from what I read. It's supposed to be organic, but really doesn't have a different flavor. When I tried it, it just tasted the same. Wish I could get my hands on some A&T.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote:
cibola wrote:
Necrophilic Mallard wrote:I heard cascade stopped delivering to WA, and on their website they cited legal reasons for discontinuing mail orders....bummer.
Mail order yes, but plenty distro'd to stores.
Where at?

Full Throttle says they don't have a distributor in WA anymore, and couldn't keep up with demand.
They really just distributed themselves from what I saw. A guy from the brewery would pull up with kegs and cases of bottles. I have seen it around town at Beer Authority, Chucks, and a couple other places out of the city. You can also still get it shipped from http://www.madeinoregon.com/Oregon_s-Best-Craft-Beers/
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Narwhal 8.5/10
Pretty good, but not as spectacular as some had said.
Thrashmaster Flash
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Been meaning to grab that, but the $21 price tag is a bit questionable. I'll definitely get some eventually. I also heard that the new Abita BA RIS is really good, and it's around $11 a bomber.

By the way, did you see the question about the green label 3F? Still trying to figure that out.
Thrashmaster Flash
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Scratch that, I got it: green is for European distribution and yellow is for American distribution. Same beer, but some people claim that the green version is better. If there's any difference, my guess would be differences in how the green labels get over here (i.e., via standard mail instead of professional beer shipping company).
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Yea basically it's dick swinging. I have trouble getting either up here, so I have to trade for either.
Thrashmaster Flash
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

cibola wrote:Yea basically it's dick swinging. I have trouble getting either up here, so I have to trade for either.
Whoops, just saw your response up there. RE: the GCB, it's a really cool beer. I actually have one that I'm aging for another 5 years (which is probably not appropriate for the style, but fuck it).

The only straight lambic you can really get in the US is that Lambickx stuff, which is very excellent at times, I just opened a 2011/2013 (brew/bottle) batch from De Troch that was great. I'm bummed that I didn't grab two back when I got it, because now all of the 2011/2013 variants are Private Domain instead of De Troch. Oh well, it's good stuff. I know some of the other lambic producers bottle straight lambics (it used to just be Cantillon and De Cam, I believe), but looking at BA, it seems there are more out there now. I'll have to keep an eye out for them.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

cibola wrote:They really just distributed themselves from what I saw. A guy from the brewery would pull up with kegs and cases of bottles. I have seen it around town at Beer Authority, Chucks, and a couple other places out of the city. You can also still get it shipped from http://www.madeinoregon.com/Oregon_s-Best-Craft-Beers/
Yes, it was hand delivered, and apparently they have stopped. full throttle had some kriek in stock from the last delivery; according to her it will be the last.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

There was an acquaintance that was the driver of said deliveries, but talking to some people there are some still coming up. They might be doing it less and only hitting places that they feel are worth the effort if they don't move much of it.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Just got a 1/6 keg of wormtown be hoppy. $69 but well worth it . 10/10. Best ipa I have ever had
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Cascade Apricot 2013 - 9/10
Seriously awesome that you can get this off the shelves at so many places. Did a side by side with Fou Foune and it doesn't win, but holds up nicely.

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout 2014 - 8.5/10
Probably the most drinkable year I have had it, but starting to fall back into the pack in an industry with so many other great beers of the style.

Fremont Bourbon Abominable 2014 - 9.5/10
Might be the best year of this yet. Not too sweet, well balanced with the vanilla and oak. Any of the Seattle peeps go to the infusion night and like any of them? I wasn't a fan.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Genesee light-0/10
This could be the worst beer ever. Only $13.99 for a 30 pack though
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

New Glarus Thumbprint Cranbic

9.5/10

I toured the facility right before they added the wild fruit cave. This is the second small run produced from that after the Oud Bruin. Its an amazing beer, and it's cool to see a brewery in the US make a commitment to sours.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Cran-bic is wonderful.
Femto
Methods for Attaining Extreme Altitudes

Post by Femto »

I was at a brunch two weekends ago and tried an apple flavored Lambic Framboise. It'as okay but I prefer the regular/ Peach.
What you want....may not be what she wants.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Just shared a 2010 Boon Geuze Mariage Parfait with my pops. I loved it. He's more of a red wine person. He liked it quite a bit but said it was missing something that he couldn't quite figure out.

Cibola - I have one more bottle. Come down soon and share it with me.
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

"Chocolate milk" - half&half with left hand milk stout and Sonoran white chocolate ale - 9
Fact #7
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Great Divide Barrel aged Ruffian - 8/10
This one was from 2011. Malty, smooth, and not a ton of barrel character left, but still pretty nice.
Introvert

Post by Introvert »

Courtesy of one of the best blokes ever, tonight I had my first Australian spiced winter ale - Day of the Long Shadow from Little Creatures Brewing. Fruity with nutmeg, allspice (not an unreasonable amount), and a hint of cinnamon. Fueled by muscovado and molasses for a strong kick.

:cheers: to Mendicant!
Assplay!!!
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Assplay!!! »

They had 12 packs on sale at the corner store. Not bad.
Good cost to quality value. Better than their other (india) pale ale's by a large margin.

7.8 / 10
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin - 7/10
Citrusy/fruity. Some nice floral hops in there also with a little bit of malt sweetness.

Hair Of The Dog Otto - 8/10
Still pretty boozy after a year. This bottle didn't have as much of the floating dried fruits as the others.

Horals Mega Blend - 10/10
Motherfucker this is good. Blend from a ton of breweries in Belgium including most of your favorites. This was one of the older bottles. Curious to try a fresher one. So much lemon and funk.
Introvert

Post by Introvert »

Realized that I left a 4 pack of the Duchesse in my pop's wine cellar 3 years ago. It was a bit less tart (which I don't mind tart) so you could really get the cherry taste in a good way. I love the Duchesse no matter what but I've not had it aged this long before so I may put a 4 pack away each year.