rate the last beer(s) you had 1-10

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Re: rate the last beer you had 1-10

Post by Raw Ting »

Admiral Dick Fart wrote:Samuel Adams Boston Lager + Beef Jerky = 10 out of 10. God bless America.

hey, i did that on friday. :cheers:
Morti
Gear in the Machine

Post by Morti »

TECATE w/o a lime. fuck off/10
Admiral Dick Fart
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Admiral Dick Fart »

Raw Ting wrote:
Admiral Dick Fart wrote:Samuel Adams Boston Lager + Beef Jerky = 10 out of 10. God bless America.

hey, i did that on friday. :cheers:
such a satisfying combination. holy shit I could use that right now!
http://heavybreath.bandcamp.com
Heavy Breath, Hardcore for people who miss when Revelation and Victory were still putting out (good) shit
kelly
lethal

Post by kelly »

NANOplague wrote:Thunderhead IPA - 4
I don't normally like the taste of IPAs. My buddy was dumb enough to leave them in my fridge though.
IPAs are my favorite! I don't know anything about Pyramid Brewery but I usually go with Full Sail, Clipper City - Heavy Seas - Loose Cannon, or any of the Dogfish Head [insert number] IPAs, as far as IPAs that are readily available around here.
copstache wrote: fisshhshticksss
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

7.5/10 - Bottle was at the store for over a year. Tasted like it was left in the sun or something, but still pretty good.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Saison ain't meant to sit long.

Keg of Spaten Oktoberfest - decent in the bottle - in the keg - totally different product. 10/10
Mallarded Ur Face
SATAN!!!
SATAN!!!

Post by Mallarded Ur Face »

Orval Trappist - 8.5/10
Love this beer...a light/golden-orange abbey style triple.

Bornem Triple - 8/10
Drank during a different session from the Orval, but was very similar; lighter in color and more biscuit-y. Never had this one before, but at 8 or 9% ABV, I'd definitely get it again.
(Magazine? What happens?)
StateScatologist
Better at internetting than you.

Post by StateScatologist »

Saint Bernardus 12. 10/10. My regular beer shop has a really good variety, but I can't help going back to the Saint Bernardus again and again.
Mallarded Ur Face
SATAN!!!
SATAN!!!

StateScatologist wrote:Saint Bernardus 12. 10/10. My regular beer shop has a really good variety, but I can't help going back to the Saint Bernardus again and again.
:highfive:
Ipswich
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Ipswich »

StateScatologist wrote:Saint Bernardus 12. 10/10. My regular beer shop has a really good variety, but I can't help going back to the Saint Bernardus again and again.

Yeah that's one of my favorites as well.
Mooretician
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Mooretician »

The Seventh Son wrote:Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
My roommate opened it and didn't like it so he gave it to me. It's a monday and I wasn't really in the mood for a beer but I couldn't turn it down. It's not bad initially, but the after taste is something I can do without. Drank it while watching Tenacious D In The Pick of Destiny so that was fitting. 6.8/10, 7.5/10 without the after taste
Worst. Beer. Ever.
copstache wrote:on a positive note, i hope if i get old and encrippled my nurses come and put on Judeobeast Assassin and watch my horrible atrophied limbs twitch in some mess of neurons flickering and dying
Mallarded Ur Face
SATAN!!!
SATAN!!!

Mooretician wrote:
The Seventh Son wrote:Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
My roommate opened it and didn't like it so he gave it to me. It's a monday and I wasn't really in the mood for a beer but I couldn't turn it down. It's not bad initially, but the after taste is something I can do without. Drank it while watching Tenacious D In The Pick of Destiny so that was fitting. 6.8/10, 7.5/10 without the after taste
Worst. Beer. Ever.
totally, this shit is horrible.
it's just thick and chalky and bitter and pointless.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Orval Trappist - 8.5/10
Love this beer...a light/golden-orange abbey style triple.

Triple fermented - but not really triple style - definately the most underrated trappist - that's a 10 in my book.
hephaestus
Morbid Florist

Post by hephaestus »

St. Bernardus 12 is definitely one of my favorites, but everytime I drink it, I can't help but compare it to Westvleteren 12, and feel like something is lacking.
StateScatologist

hephaestus wrote:
St. Bernardus 12 is definitely one of my favorites, but everytime I drink it, I can't help but compare it to Westvleteren 12, and feel like something is lacking.
I've never had the pleasure of trying Westvleteren, but it's high on my agenda.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

hephaestus wrote:
You now have my unconditional support. This person knows what's up.
hephaestus
Morbid Florist

Post by hephaestus »

StateScatologist wrote:
hephaestus wrote:
You know, I had always thought the only way I was going to be able to try it was to actually venture to the monastery. Luckily my soon-to-be brother in law was given a bottle as a groomsman's gift and saved it for when I traveled to visit my sister and him. There's actually a place in Belgium that sells them (against the requests of the monastery), though shipping international is a bit steep:
http://www.belgianshop.com/
StateScatologist

hephaestus wrote:
StateScatologist wrote:
hephaestus wrote:
You know, I had always thought the only way I was going to be able to try it was to actually venture to the monastery. Luckily my soon-to-be brother in law was given a bottle as a groomsman's gift and saved it for when I traveled to visit my sister and him. There's actually a place in Belgium that sells them (against the requests of the monastery), though shipping international is a bit steep:
http://www.belgianshop.com/
Yup, I've got a few friends in Gent, Belgium and have been over there twice. On one occasion I saw a sign for Westvleteren hanging on the outside of a pub, right on the city's main square. I asked if they had any, but was told that they get it in once a month and it lasts about a week. I'm sure I'll get an opportunity some time though.
Jesus H Dump

Post by Jesus H Dump »

They have this on tap at the Concordia ale house that is by chinbeard's house. I might stop and have one on the way into portland tomorrow.
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

Post by bloodybloodlicker »

Geeheeb wrote:Image

7.5/10 - Bottle was at the store for over a year. Tasted like it was left in the sun or something, but still pretty good.
If a beer is less than 7.5 or 8% abv, I would avoid it, if it's been in the store for that long.
*burp*
sundin
Cause Of Death

Post by sundin »

Bell's Brown Ale 7/10
It was decent but sort of nonchalant. I definitely like their stouts better.
Ipswich
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Ipswich »

sundin wrote:Bell's Brown Ale 7/10
Brown ales are kind of dim.
sundin
Cause Of Death

Post by sundin »

Ipswich wrote:
Yeah...I agree....it was my first time trying it and I've been impressed with Bell's other stuff.
It was a leftover from the weekend wherein I bought a bunch of Stouts and IPA's so it definitely tasted even more dim after those.

But I do enjoy a Newcastle Brown every now and then.
Mallarded Ur Face
SATAN!!!
SATAN!!!

sundin wrote:
Ipswich wrote:
Yeah...I agree....it was my first time trying it and I've been impressed with Bell's other stuff.
It was a leftover from the weekend wherein I bought a bunch of Stouts and IPA's so it definitely tasted even more dim after those.

But I do enjoy a Newcastle Brown every now and then.
they can be really good...

Too many micro-brews fall into the trap of either over-hopping them, or falling into the totally bland category.
sundin
Cause Of Death

Post by sundin »

I always bypass that Rogue's Hazelnut. I'll have to check it out sometime.