A little dose of Louis CK for ya...

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Re: A little dose of Louis CK for ya...

Post by Ray »

Does anybody still care? The bully episode was actually pretty intense and well-done, though definitely not what I'd expect from a "comedy" show, I guess.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

Yeah, that was another weird one, but nicely handled. The previous one was all kinds of :lol: :? 8) :cry:
Sgt. Pat O'Phile
Keep it thick...

Post by Sgt. Pat O'Phile »

I just saw a behind the scenes on one of the DVDs, haven't even heard of his show up until now. Can I expect anything new if I already saw all of the HBO specials? I saw a 'lil trailer where he pulled a joke he already did in one of his stand up routines. And I must say, I was not very impressed. Judging by that trailer, he works so much better on stage than acting.
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Post by bundlesofvitals »

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Ray wrote:Does anybody still care? The bully episode was actually pretty intense and well-done, though definitely not what I'd expect from a "comedy" show, I guess.
I thought it was awesome. Best one yet.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Hostage Grenade II
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by Hostage Grenade II »

the show keeps getting better........him getting stoned at his neighbors was great. I love how he's always conveying his insecurities in this show. The dialouge is real and believable. It takes a show just like this to show you what a pile of shit most of these 'drop a joke a second' sitcoms like "always sunny in philly" are.

Oh, and Louie has been picked up for a second season too.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Hostage Grenade II wrote:Oh, and Louie has been picked up for a second season too.
:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i really don't think he "relies" on shock value in his stand-up. there's definitely some stuff that's over the top but it's always done so smirkingly that it never feels like he's going for shock... i mean he says some things that are ridiculous but they never seem out of place to me

i am a fanboy though so i don't suppose i'm particularly unbiased here
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:i really don't think he "relies" on shock value in his stand-up.
I kind of felt that way about Lucky Louie sometimes. Something about how the constant cursing clashed with the sitcom-like setting and the fact that they were milking that a bit too obviously just seemed a bit gimmicky to me. But I think if anything this new show proves that there's more substance to the guy because he has to be funny without saying "cunt" every ten seconds now and it works just fine and dandy. Which doesn't surprise me, but it's nice to see.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

riley-o wrote:in his stand-up
Sgt. Pat O'Phile
Keep it thick...

Post by Sgt. Pat O'Phile »

Just watched two episodes and I must say that I like the flow of this. Very different to his standup, as mentioned, but very entertaining on a whole other level.

I still can't see myself loving this more than his standup. His performances have had me in tears when I first heard them. Are there any infos on the Hilarious DVD release yet? According to the peepz over at IMDb, it should be out already. Can't fucken wait.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:
riley-o wrote:in his stand-up
So what you're saying is the two TV shows rely too much on shock value? Ok, gotcha thx.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

i think riley is saying neither louie nor his stand-up "rely" on shock value, but i could be wrong. let's not turn this into a fight guys...
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

mike's just being his usual obtuse self. nothing to really worry about here...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I DNOT NUDERSTADN WATS GOIN ON GUIS
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I can't believe they brought the chick from the bully episode back to play Louie's mom. That's just wrong.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

spacehamster wrote:I can't believe they brought the chick from the bully episode back to play Louie's mom. That's just wrong.

the woman who played his mom was on that bully episode? wasnt the mom episode before that one? also, i dont get to see the most recent one because hulu doesnt show me the newest episode, it has the ep from the week before so ya, i might not know what im talking about yet
formerly ghost boner
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

riley-o wrote:mike's just being his usual obtuse self.

I always thought Mike was a little too tall and lanky to be considered obtuse. But you're an expert on body types so what do I know...
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

ghost boner wrote: the woman who played his mom was on that bully episode? wasnt the mom episode before that one? also, i dont get to see the most recent one because hulu doesnt show me the newest episode, it has the ep from the week before so ya, i might not know what im talking about yet
It's in the most recent one. The actress who played the woman he's on a date with in the bully episode comes back as his mother in a flashback.

Also, this latest episode was kinda crappy. I just can't get angry enough about religion anymore to find this amusing. The standup about Abraham was pretty funny, but the rest was way too serious.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

i didn't think the whole flashback seen was amusing, i thought it was horrifying, almost sinister. i loved that episode. EDIT: but i've loved every episode so far, and have rewatched each of them. louis ck would have to fuck up in a major way for me to stop watching and enjoying this.
Last edited by Spooky Apparition on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

ah ya see im always one episode behind because of hulu. they show episodes 8 days after airdate so i lose constantly
formerly ghost boner
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

torrents man! That's how I get it.. shit has so many seeders it only takes like 4 min to download the damn episodes.
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

i know my desktop is down right now and its not even mine actually. im on a stupid fuckn macbook so i cant do shit. once the desktops back up and running ill set up some torrent shits though
formerly ghost boner
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

valgalder wrote:torrents man! That's how I get it.. shit has so many seeders it only takes like 4 min to download the damn episodes.
Yep. Just get it from Demonoid.
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Post by From Blintzes to Crepes »

Nick DiPaolo looks like Tony Danza....
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
monsterod wrote:I'm gonna skin my dick to this when I'm sober enough to cum.
Gunther wrote:shut up redneck