A little dose of Louis CK for ya...

Music posts are a bannable offense.
worsethanuseless
skinjob

Re: A little dose of Louis CK for ya...

Post by worsethanuseless »

Hostage Grenade II wrote:
worsethanuseless wrote:What do you mean.....they've been on the air for almost two decades....they are multimillionaires, they have a much better show than Stern does at the moment. Its a regular stop for any comedian worth a shit these days.....

Maybe its just not your cup of tea, most people have different tastes when it comes to laughs. Just out of curiousity, is there any radio talk show that you think is better at the moment? Maybe you are liking Nick Cannon on 92.3 NOW. (snickers)
Is your argument really that they're popular? Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia are probably millionaires too. Larry King and Maury Povich have been on the air for decades too. I'd like to think that everyone on this board can agree that mainstream American culture is for shit and shouldn't be used as a barometer for taste or talent.

I don't listen to any radio at all these days, especially talk radio so I don't know what the fuck you're referencing. I've tried to get into a couple podcasts here and there but lose interest real quick, no quality control. I was a semi-regular Stern listener for years. I didn't really go too far out of my way to keep up with it but if I was at work or getting ready to leave the house I would have it on and generally enjoy it. I never heard the show since they went to satellite but I would be curious to hear how it turned out. My instinct is that Stern would be funnier when he has some boundaries to push against. I didn't even like the Stern show when he was trying to do "comedy" though and especially hated his celeb interviews. They were at their best when they were just being themselves and interacting (except for Billy West who was always on point).

I gave O&A a chance when they came back on after the David Lee Roth atrocity, mostly because I had some friends who recommended it. I can honestly say I never laughed once in the 2 or 3 months I listened to those nitwits on a daily basis just waiting to see what the hype was. I thought maybe I needed to adjust to their timing or get into their personas or whatever but there was just nothing there. In fact i think they make comedians I really like sound forced and unfunny on the show due to their bland, generic drek. They use the same bit over and over again, going on some rant about whatever they deem gay or liberal every 15 minutes and not even in any new way or anything. The same style Dennis Leary was doing 20 fucking years ago. Bring something new to the table. I can't even find anything funny in those videos you posted. Attempting to make fun of homeless people and then backing out? Telling someone they dropped something and calling them stupid for looking at the ground while theyu drive away? I'm all for juvenile humor and fart jokes but there's grade school kids that can do better than that shit.

My taste for ref: Doug Stanhope, Patton Oswalt, Neil Hamburger, Louis CK, Mitch Hedberg, blah blah blah...
"iq tests should be mandatory for registering for this board." -Thurber
Nerve Altar
Hostage Grenade II
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by Hostage Grenade II »

Ok, so you dont like O&A.....its not a big deal really. You seem mad. Everything going alright?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

So yeah, d/led Louie eps 1 and 2 the other day. Oddly enough I'm liking this better than Lucky Louie so far. The straight-up sitcom format just didn't work for him, I think.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

The acting is what sunk Lucky Louis. Everyone on that show was terrible.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
bone_dust
Diversion of Former Customary Trite Comp

Post by bone_dust »

worsethanuseless wrote:The same style Dennis Leary was doing 20 fucking years ago. Bring something new to the table.
I can't believe that you these two sentences together. The only thing that Denis Leary was doing 20 years ago was Bill Hicks' act.
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

Magick Sam wrote: also I hate jim norton

first episode was very good
You may not like episode two as much.

First two episodes were ok, but tailoring the stand-up bits to fit the rest of the show (or vice versa, I don't know how he puts the show together) really takes the life out of them. And I totally love the guy, but he's still a terrible fucking actor. His face never stops fidgeting.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

altars of radness wrote:The acting is what sunk Lucky Louis. Everyone on that show was terrible.
Much as I like Louis CK, I thought his "acting" really stood out. Everyone else was okay, and he just sorta stood there and stuck his finger in his ear a lot.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Post by bundlesofvitals »

Last night’s episode was awesome, especially when he was telling that girl all the ways he was old while having sex with her…and I’m surprised how dark and dirty FX is letting this get! For example…

From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Post by From Blintzes to Crepes »

"Young pussy smells good."

I lost it at that line.
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
monsterod wrote:I'm gonna skin my dick to this when I'm sober enough to cum.
Gunther wrote:shut up redneck
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Post by bundlesofvitals »

"A man takes his penis, sticks it into a woman's vagina, he ejaculates and she dies."
"She dies?"
"Oh no...I was thinking of something else."

I think this may be the most simultaneously poignant and filthy show ever...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

"That kid's a piece of shit." - "Well, he came out of an asshole."
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

The brunette from last night's episode is the same woman who does the voice of Bobby Hill

:what:
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

From Blintzes to Crepes wrote:The brunette from last night's episode is the same woman who does the voice of Bobby Hill

Uh yeah... she's also in Californication and she was the wife in Lucky Louie. I'm actually kind of disappointed they seem to be going for her as Louie's girlfriend. They're just too much both playing the same character.
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

spacehamster wrote:
From Blintzes to Crepes wrote:The brunette from last night's episode is the same woman who does the voice of Bobby Hill

Uh yeah... she's also in Californication and she was the wife in Lucky Louie. I'm actually kind of disappointed they seem to be going for her as Louie's girlfriend. They're just too much both playing the same character.
Never watched Californication or Lucky Louie. She's a producer on his show. I guess he's familiar with her... :?

She's also wearing Pootie Tang's belt in last night's episode.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

From Blintzes to Crepes wrote: Never watched Californication
Probably for the better. I dunno if you've heard of it, but it's basically about a guy who's a sex addict, and you'd probably be like a doctor watching a hospital show, all "man, that's not how that works" and "that would totally never happen, dude."
triple clutcher v2.5b
This drum machine utterly confounds me.

Post by triple clutcher v2.5b »

spacehamster wrote:
Probably for the better. I dunno if you've heard of it, but it's basically about a guy who's a sex addict, and you'd probably be like a doctor watching a hospital show, all "man, that's not how that works" and "that would totally never happen, dude."
:awesome:
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

spacehamster wrote:
hahaha I know it's got Mulder in it. I laughed when he went to sex rehab. I'm gonna look into some episodes later.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

From Blintzes to Crepes wrote: hahaha I know it's got Mulder in it. I laughed when he went to sex rehab. I'm gonna look into some episodes later.
It's a pretty good show when it forgets how "edgy" it thinks it is. And I never liked Duchovny before.
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

I like Duchovny in Kalifornia because he's a douchebag writer and that doesn't seem to far off from his real life.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

From Blintzes to Crepes wrote:I like Duchovny in Kalifornia because he's a douchebag writer and that doesn't seem to far off from his real life.
My take's always been that the movie's so awesome Duchovny couldn't ruin it. But now that you mention it, the fact that he's a boring douchebag plays pretty well off Brad Pitt's character.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

watched the first three episodes of this in the last few days. i'm excited that it's so varied.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Hell-haine
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Hell-haine »

I need to watch this asap. Missed the first episodes.
Bored001 wrote:34 is still wet behind the ears...it's not that you're getting older, you're getting smarter.
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

Michelle Forbes is the hottest woman and is in Kalifornia, thus making it even better.
Exterminate. EXTERMINATE!
pleasuretokill
Olde Timer

Post by pleasuretokill »

Sex "addiction" is the funniest term ever. It is coded into our DNA to be completely addicted to sex all the time. It is only our social structure that represses that basic human instinct. Sex therapy classes are solely for rich people who got caught fucking around and need to show their spouse that they can "change". What a crock of shit.
"Did your parents put and Atari 2600 in a gold box and wrap it with Genesis paper to fuck with you?" - Pieclun
"theres a new Camo stronger than black ice, its better tasting than all the rest. its 12.5% and tastes sorta like cream soda mixed with piss. i like it!" - ghost boner
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

last night i watched all five episodes (i think there are only five so far?) and i fucking LOVE this show. its so bleak and depressingly funny. and surreal as well, especially episode 5 with the plane ride and the cop. my brother is a huge louis ck fan but doesn't like this show... he's clearly an idiot, but hopefully that doesn't indicate it won't be able to find an audience.