James Cameron's AVATAR 2 - now playing in cinema theaters

Music posts are a bannable offense.
zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Re: James Cameron's AVATAR - you know... for kids!

Post by zzzzzzzz »

Hell-haine wrote:Yes national guard. My friend and I were laughing and I said "they should show what it's really like when you're where it really stinks, disemboweled people, women crying, the human barbecues, cancer and birth defects due to uranium"
The people in front of us turned and gave us a disapproval look. UNAMERICAN!
I've been reading the hell out of these Hammer's Slammers stories written in the 70s and 80s by this nam vet/CIA interrogator, its futuristic sci-fi about war tanks that shoot molten plasma and its fucking BRUTAL. After reading some of the stories I realize James Cameron must have really liked them but pussied the ideas up even for Aliens, these stories talk about little girls brains boiling in their skull and their eyes melting down their face. Great shit!
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Oh hey biggest grossing movie ever!

Pretty decent article about the biggest challenges in creating the movie:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
God
Fearless Undead Machines

Post by God »

Mari_Mar wrote:I saw this last night in iMax 3D. It was definitely a fun time. But, now my criteria for cosmetic surgery has totally been changed!! :(
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

John Jr. wrote:dances with smurves :moreawesome:
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

James Cameron is on campus right now, giving a presentation. I can't attend because I have to get the the release version of our software tested and ready for escalation. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Ah, turn that frown upside down - he's pretty much a total douche whenever he's in front of the camera!
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Necrometer wrote:Ah, turn that frown upside down - he's pretty much a total douche whenever he's in front of the camera!
Well, it would be neat to attend. Considering that we worked on some shots for the movie...
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa... I didn't realize you were full-on ILM. Oh, you are in the ILM games department, right?
amos galore
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by amos galore »

Necrometer wrote:It'll win best picture. It can't not! The competition is weak and it's an worldwide phenomenon. It's no stupider than Titanic from what I understand.

Every other movie I've seen nominated for best picture (haven't seen Hurt Locker or Blind Side) is far better than Avatar. Have you seen Up? It's one of the best movies I've seen in years. Up is a movie marketed to kids that's actually for adults. I'm excited it was nominated and I hope it wins.
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Necrometer wrote:Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa... I didn't realize you were full-on ILM. Oh, you are in the ILM games department, right?
I work in the R&D Department of ILM. I merged over from LucasArts last year. R&D services most of the Lucasfilm companies; ILM, LAL, LAS, and LEC.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

amos galore wrote:
Necrometer wrote:It'll win best picture. It can't not! The competition is weak and it's an worldwide phenomenon. It's no stupider than Titanic from what I understand.
Every other movie I've seen nominated for best picture (haven't seen Hurt Locker or Blind Side) is far better than Avatar. Have you seen Up? It's one of the best movies I've seen in years. Up is a movie marketed to kids that's actually for adults. I'm excited it was nominated and I hope it wins.
Up is overrated! The beginning ruled, but then 30 minutes of talking dogs? Fuck off! It's obviously in the runner-up bracket though. I'm fine with Avatar winning or not, it's not like the Oscars have ever meant anything. But I bet it'll win. It's better at what it set out to do than any of those other movies...
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

I'm guessing Hurt Locker will take the Oscar even though I haven't seen it. I want to though. Truthfully, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Avatar won it either. The obvious non winner is gonna be District 9. As much as I loved that movie, best picture Oscar ain't happenin'.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Speaking of District 9 (the actual best movie on their list)... make sure you check out viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38410
amos galore
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by amos galore »

Necrometer wrote:
amos galore wrote:
Up is overrated! The beginning ruled, but then 30 minutes of talking dogs? Fuck off! It's obviously in the runner-up bracket though. I'm fine with Avatar winning or not, it's not like the Oscars have ever meant anything. But I bet it'll win. It's better at what it set out to do than any of those other movies...
ha, the dogs are so over-shadowed by the love story that I don't care. christ, just thinking about that movie makes me get weepy, but Avatar made me want to cry because it was so cliche and bad. It did make me want to go to Bioluminescent Bay more than ever, though, so....there's that.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

WHAT LOVE STORY
amos galore
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by amos galore »

Necrometer wrote:WHAT LOVE STORY
if you're not joking, then I understand why you think it's overrated.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I'm not joking. The intro Image montage almost made me cry, but she's dead... was she actually the house (a la The Fountain) or something?
amos galore
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by amos galore »

Necrometer wrote:I'm not joking. The intro Image montage almost made me cry, but she's dead... was she actually the house (a la The Fountain) or something?
no, but everything he did was for her, for their hopes as a couple, or what he believed she wanted to accomplish as their great adventure together (trip to Angel Falls)...it was a love balloon.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
but then, at the end, he saw that she was happy merely with the adventure of spending life with him and the trip together to Angel Falls was actually just incidental :brokenheart: nonetheless, he made it happen :brokenheart:
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

Necrometer wrote:Speaking of District 9 (the actual best movie on their list)... make sure you check out viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38410
Thanks for the link. I'll check this out sometime later today. I found a few documentaries on various subjects in South Africa on You Tube. I could toss you some links if you want.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Sounds like a rip-off of The Fountain to me :wink:

I got most of that stuff, but 1) she's dead, and 2) they undercut his devotion. I understand that he ended up liberated, but... I dunno. Only the flashback hit home for me!
amos galore
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by amos galore »

Necrometer wrote:Sounds like a rip-off of The Fountain to me :wink:

I got most of that stuff, but 1) she's dead, and 2) they undercut his devotion. I understand that he ended up liberated, but... I dunno. Only the flashback hit home for me!
I actually fell asleep during The Fountain. I remember not liking it, actually. Maybe I'll give it another attempt.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Eh, the end part is the coolest, but it's certainly not for everyone. Probably my favorite movie of the '00s though.
jefferson
DO THE DEW!

Post by jefferson »

:what:
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

jefferson wrote: :what:
To my favorite of the decade? What's yours?