James Cameron's AVATAR - now with more Lorax

Music posts are a bannable offense.
chris narcosis
ultimate EVIL

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:16 am

Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
chris narcosis wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:
chris narcosis wrote:Worst movie of all time bar none.
Eh, it's not that bad but it's one of James Cameron's worst films. "Bbbbut it looks amazing." Give a guy $300 million and just about anyone can make a great looking movie. Transformers with a healthy coat of shiny new paint. With that said, if I was 12 I would have loved the shit out of this.

I honestly think it`s the shittest movie I`ve seen other than Nightbeast. Nightbeast is at least funny though. I wouldn`t watch Avatar again for anything less that $100
$60

NO DEAL!!
The Wages of Ben
INSIDE FISH STICKS, OUTSIDE TARTAR SAUCE

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:27 am

chris narcosis wrote:
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:
chris narcosis wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:
chris narcosis wrote:Worst movie of all time bar none.
Eh, it's not that bad but it's one of James Cameron's worst films. "Bbbbut it looks amazing." Give a guy $300 million and just about anyone can make a great looking movie. Transformers with a healthy coat of shiny new paint. With that said, if I was 12 I would have loved the shit out of this.

I honestly think it`s the shittest movie I`ve seen other than Nightbeast. Nightbeast is at least funny though. I wouldn`t watch Avatar again for anything less that $100
$60

NO DEAL!!
But you could buy books for that....
Black Jacques wrote:fuck that man. I'm not messin' with no giant corn...
dreweq wrote:clasping em like they were pages of the pelican brief she was gonna use to solve a fuckin nancy drew murder mystery or something.
ImageImage
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:31 am

Wang Mandu wrote:"Bbbbut it looks amazing." Give a guy $300 million and just about anyone can make a great looking movie.
This is so far from true. The G.I.Joe movie cost $175 million and was shit visually. You think another $125 M would have fixed that? Cameron can do something no one else can. Even the LOTR movies look fucking retarded post-Avatar. I tried. It's just hippies walking through fields the whole time.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Bored, Esq.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:34 am

spacehamster wrote: Really? I find CGI-heavy movies like this usually age really badly. The LotR movies have gotten to that point now where I can't watch them anymore without noticing something wrong with the CGI all the time. That's part of the reason why I'm not interested in Avatar. Ten years from now, this movie will look laughably bad.
In the end of the Battle of Pelennor Fields the ghosts are swarming the elephants and are moving faster than all of the rest of the CGI. It was obviously a mistake and I'm amazed it got through. But yeah, there are lots of other examples. At this point I can only watch the first movie without laughing.
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:42 am

Necrometer wrote: Even the LOTR movies look fucking retarded post-Avatar. I tried. It's just hippies walking through fields the whole time.
I don't know why this made me laugh so hard, but it did. I need a gif of LOTR characters walking through fields endlessly.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Bored, Esq.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:44 am

Necrometer wrote:The G.I.Joe movie cost $175 million and was shit visually.
Aside from this:

Necrometer

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:01 am

Those tits were free, though! Thx nature!
Bored, Esq.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:16 am

Necrometer wrote:Those tits were free, though! Thx nature!
*sigh*

Yeah.

I was actually kind of stunned by how hot she was in that movie.
The Wages of Ben
INSIDE FISH STICKS, OUTSIDE TARTAR SAUCE

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:19 am

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Black Jacques wrote:fuck that man. I'm not messin' with no giant corn...
dreweq wrote:clasping em like they were pages of the pelican brief she was gonna use to solve a fuckin nancy drew murder mystery or something.
ImageImage
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:11 pm

Necrometer wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:"Bbbbut it looks amazing." Give a guy $300 million and just about anyone can make a great looking movie.
This is so far from true. The G.I.Joe movie cost $175 million and was shit visually. You think another $125 M would have fixed that? Cameron can do something no one else can. Even the LOTR movies look fucking retarded post-Avatar. I tried. It's just hippies walking through fields the whole time.
And in a few years the technology will be cheaper and widely available, meanwhile Avatar will have aged like a crackwhore.
Necrometer

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:26 pm

The best part about the longevity of this reee-community is that we'll probably be able to see whether or not you're full of shit. Typically what is seen when the technology becomes readily available is a proliferation of SHIT - just look at the effects in Alien 3 for example.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:37 pm

If I'm wrong I'll eat my hat.
Deez Nutz
Don't mess with my shit.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Necrometer wrote:The G.I.Joe movie cost $175 million and was shit visually.
Aside from this:

She also played the green chick in the new Star Trek. Ridiculously hot.
noah thirteen
Sweet Lord _______

Fri May 14, 2010 7:11 am

Well the jig is finally up. I'm seeing this today at work as everyone wanted to watch it for our movie group. Because it's so ridiculously long I'll even have to stay late to finish it. Ross, be aware I will be cursing your name all day long.
noah thirteen
Sweet Lord _______

Fri May 14, 2010 7:12 am

However if by some miracle this movie isn't a 3 hour piece of shit I will admit it. Open mind 2010.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Fri May 14, 2010 7:30 am

Necrometer wrote: The G.I.Joe movie

hahahaha
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

soiled depends

Fri May 14, 2010 7:31 am

noah thirteen wrote:I'm seeing this today
Looks like I'm one of the few hold outs...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

noah thirteen
Sweet Lord _______

Fri May 14, 2010 7:37 am

soiled depends wrote:
Necrometer wrote: The G.I.Joe movie

hahahaha
This one wasn't atrocious, a lot of stuff blew up and the girl who played Baroness was a fuckin' fox...... however I wouldn't have seen it if I didn't have to, I've seen more hollywood garbage than you can even comprehend. The worst I have seen were Motherhood with Uma thurman, Three Kingdoms and the movie about that fuckin' Loch Ness Faggot who looked like a gay dinosaur......
soiled depends

Fri May 14, 2010 7:42 am

Did McDonalds offer a Happy Meal in conjunction with the GI Joe movie? Can I bring my action figures to the theater with me? Movies are so fun!!!!

noah thirteen
Sweet Lord _______

Fri May 14, 2010 1:07 pm

I must admit, I did enjoy wondering about what that tight, virgin, alien snatch must have looked like and spent a great deal of time admiring her tall, slim alien body...... but aside from that and the one scene where the alien horse with 6 legs was on fire the movie was total garbage.......
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:02 pm

Alright I just saw this. I think the most important aspect is that Aliens was made in '87, near the apex of the Monster Reagans power. In that film Burke gets his in the end. In obamas america, burke is a little chubbier and is sent home with a stern warning not to come back. Business men have moved from kings, to gods! Abandon all home ye who live past this mark.
Exterminate. EXTERMINATE!
Scarlet Bro Hansen
I like to smell things.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:23 pm

james wrote:im not downloading LeakyRapes
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:47 am

Foot Foot
How's them beans, ma?

Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:33 am

not seeing it for a second time is even better.
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:03 pm

why are people even bothering to think, much less post those thoughts, about this steaming pile of horseshit anymore? ESPECIALLY considering camerons cowardly actions as of late.
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman