bike thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Re: bike thread

Post by hipster holocaust »

Geeheeb wrote:Back wheel gets so clogged up with crap that a brake doesn't do any good, gtfo.
:what: hmmmm, no breaks on a bike in the snow...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
FUCK
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
THAT
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

kale
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

It was super slick because of freezing rain last night. I got kinda pushed by the curb (not totally ran off) by a Jeep with a NO FEAR sticker today. I was able to ditch and roll out of it so I wasn't hurt, but man if I see that car again...ooof.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
The Pope of Chili Town
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by The Pope of Chili Town »

Geeheeb wrote:It was super slick because of freezing rain last night. I got kinda pushed by the curb (not totally ran off) by a Jeep with a NO FEAR sticker today. I was able
to ditch and roll out of it so I wasn't hurt, but man if I see that car again...ooof.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

I have a pair of Keen shoes that I wear to the gym because I hate sneakers and sometimes I get asked if I 'bike' a lot. Are Keens 'biking' shoes?
Haha,
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I've never even heard of Keen shoes.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

The Pope of Chili Town wrote:Image
Geeheeb wrote:It was super slick because of freezing rain last night. I got kinda pushed by the curb (not totally ran off) by a Jeep with a NO FEAR sticker today. I was able
to ditch and roll out of it so I wasn't hurt, but man if I see that car again...ooof.
LOL
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

HURR
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

"enter the dragon" + biking in freshly fallen snow = :tup: :tup: :tup:
rīdoonrīmenbā
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Today I purchased a bike. I should have shopped around more. I should have bought a used bike. I didn't. I got this guy:

This is the first time I have ever been on a REAL bike. I... fuck. I rode home from the bike shop, 15 or so miles. I kinda want to go rub my balls on it, but even looking at it will make my asthmatic lungs burst.
fvkk
Fuck...I'm Dave
git help.

Post by Fuck...I'm Dave »

my bike.

not my bike but i want one.

Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

thanks for bumping this thread. i was just looking for it the other day.
fixie-building is so on! (and i'm to scared to make a "phritzens phixie thread"... :( ).

i got a cheap racing bike frame off ebay. blue, aluminum, incl. steering thingy, fork, seat post and handlebars for $70.
i will post pics next week or so when i start assembling. right now i'm waiting for the two wheels (flip flop hub- so i can switch between singlespeed and real fixie), bottom bracket and crank to arrive in the mail.
i hope doad or any of the other bike gurus can help me with a little info when i need it, because it's the first bike i ever built myself.
Last edited by Phritz on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rīdoonrīmenbā
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

fuck yeah dave. me you and trev should roll again soon. and maybe asshole ward too if he finally gets his act together and assembles his beast.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

TheDOAD wrote:
Phritz wrote:thanks for bumping this thread. i was just looking for it the other day.
fixie-building is so on! (and i'm to scared to make a "phritzens phixie thread"... :( ).

i got a cheap racing bike frame off ebay. blue, aluminum, incl. steering thingy, fork, seat post and handlebars for $70.
i will post pics next week or so when i start assembling. right now i'm waiting for the two wheels (flip flop hub- so i can switch between singlespeed and real fixie), bottom bracket and crank.
i hope doad or any of the other bike gurus can help me with a little info when i need it, because it's the first bike i ever built myself.
I can do waht I can man. hahah. If your frame and fork are already a set, and hte headset is attached thats the worst part right there.
yeah. it came in the mail partially disassembled, but i was able to put it back together and it looks (works?) fine.
the thing i'm worrying about a bit right now, is whether i really need a torque wrench to install the bottom bracket or not? if there's no way around it, i'll have the thing installed at the bike shop. i don't have the €200 that thing costs.
rīdoonrīmenbā
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

:tup:
thanks. i'll ask them about the price.
rīdoonrīmenbā
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

:awesome:
parts came today! it's not really assembled yet, parts only temporarily put together. i will bring the frame to shop tomorrow to have the bottom bracket/ crank done and get the rest of the missing parts.
(only single speed for now, no fixie. because of the vertical ends of the frame).
and boy, that thing weights close to nothing. (no scale here to really check the weight).
rīdoonrīmenbā
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Smme asshole stole my bike last night. I bet it was one of dem stinking foreigners. Probably an Austrian. Fuck.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

pfff, if you're too drunk to remember to lock it up, it's mine!
rīdoonrīmenbā
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

it's done!!!
shop guys wanted $7 for installing the BB and just 5min waiting.
i'm done assembling for now. i will get a free wheel pinion, chain tensioner and breaks next week. then i can finally take it for a ride.

damn! chain tensioner desperately needed.
rīdoonrīmenbā
Double Anal
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Double Anal »

my awesome rig. doo doo brown twelve speed.

thats 6 cogs on that cassette nargers

awesome front light zip tied to the front reflector

awesome back light zip tied underneath the seat

and my u lock strapped to the frame with velcro

none of that sleek fixed gear bullshit, this rig is ready for WAR.
neckbeard wrote:It depends on poop and sweat
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

Nothing at all wrong with those classic Raleighs. Cogset looks a touch rusty, though? Hard to tell from the photo.

Phritz, I'm no bike guru but I think aside from a chain tensioner you might want to just take out a couple of chain links.
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

TheDOAD wrote:EXCELLENT!
:awesome: thanks. i'm really a little proud of it. i've always wanted to build a bike from scratch. and also a racing bike to use around town. it was rather cheap too. ~100 doolarbucks for the aluminum frame, i think that was a pretty good deal. i'm really curious what the thing weights, i'll post the weight, as soon i can take it for a ride to my parent's place, who have a bathroom scale.
i love the smooth look and i wish i wouldn't have put breaks on it. also, i'll get a blue half link chain for it later.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO wrote:Phritz, I'm no bike guru but I think aside from a chain tensioner you might want to just take out a couple of chain links.
that's the best i could do with that chain. it's a cheap one and it can only be be shortened in one-inch-steps. if i removed another inch, it wouldn't fit on the pinions anymore.
as i said, i (stupidly) bought the wrong frame for fixie/singlespeed bikes. but i really enjoy fooling around with bike, maybe one day i'll just get a used back wheel and put gears on it.

DA: that bike does indeed look great. it just looks like it needs some love: cleaning, new parts....
rīdoonrīmenbā
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

hey, guys. i'm cool, too.
road tires for grim life on the street
luggage rack for epic journeys
bike butt
cats love it
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

Nah, the front was rubbing and I couldn't fix it right away so I got mad and ripped them out.

But yeah, I like to live dangerously...
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

and (since i had to carry it up to the apartement today for adjustments. i had to disassemble it to fit into a car trunk) this is my everyday bike for more than 10 years:
that thing rules so much. 10 years and it survived everything; even mountains and the drunkenest stuff (crank, deraillers and saddle aren't the originals, but everthing else is.)
rīdoonrīmenbā