The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by FVBTVS »

me 3
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

PC master race folks....does anyone use a 16:10 monitor? Or a higher resolution monitor? I only have a 1080p monitor right now, but I'm in the market for something better for games. I plan on running dual screens. I have a 770, so at what point will I start to notice a performance decrease?
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

"lazy" meaning you want more artisan craftsmanship in your PS4 design or...?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

is it more expensive than other models?
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

prolly not

holy FUCK Vinny's house story on yesterday's Bombcast was incredible :lol: :lol: and them trying to explain a mortgage to Ryckert was great too.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Spooky Apparition wrote:prolly not
then stfu up geoff
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I'm with p-cubes on that, petty or not - They made a grey PS4 - not blown away.

I also think there was some glossing over on PS1's history "changed the games industry overnight"? I didn't buy one for probably 4-5 years after they came out because here in rip-off Australia-tax Australia the PS1 cost about 1000-1100 odd dollars from memory at launch.

I bought my first shitbox car around that period for 200 bucks, so that was a lotta money for a games console. Coming on the heels of the Neo Geo that had the 400-500 buck games I was not that impressed with the PS1 til they went through a major price drop.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

yeah that's Australia though. by the time you fuckers got on the bandwagon the thing was already a massive success. I got a PSX in the first month for two hundred and ninety nine American United States dollars... bought that shit with my own money in middle school. Amerikkka = the best.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Spooky Apparition wrote:prolly not

holy FUCK Vinny's house story on yesterday's Bombcast was incredible :lol: :lol:
yeah, jesus christ, i was out of breath laughing on the way to work this morning. legit the funniest thing i've heard in a LONG time
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Anyone keeping up with Destiny news? Apparently, the new expansion is coming out and will make the hardcore players gear somewhat worthless. Basically, Bungie is making people grind more instead of offering new and creative content :lol:. I thought about firing it up this weekend but meh.....I only got to level 24 and I imagine I'd need another 40-60 hours to max one character out....doing the same missions I've already done a bunch of times. :wank:

I would still like to try the raid but Bungie seems to not want players like me to experience that content. Will pass on future Bungie games.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Cryptoplasty wrote:PC master race folks....does anyone use a 16:10 monitor? Or a higher resolution monitor? I only have a 1080p monitor right now, but I'm in the market for something better for games. I plan on running dual screens. I have a 770, so at what point will I start to notice a performance decrease?
I have a 2560x1440 monitor and you do need more power for that resolution than 1080p and especially for dual screens. On the other hand, I rarely turn on AA or MSAA because at 1440p and above the image is crisp. I thought about going back to 1080p because it'd be cheaper in the long run but nah....1440p looks amazing.

I'd avoid a 16:10 monitor.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

that Destiny thing...

so exotic weapons take fucking forever to level up, between gaining xp and tracking down the materials needed to upgrade them. this update offers a higher damage ceiling on them, at the cost of them being reset back to zero, so you'd have to re-grind the whole thing to get it back up to max, which is like maybe a 10% damage bump in the grand scheme of things

anyway the real moral of the story is i'm super fucking done with Destiny at this point
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:anyway the real moral of the story is i'm super fucking done with Destiny at this point
Haha :tup: The Vanguard/Crucible stuff sounds awful, too. You now need a Commendation, which may or may not be a random drop after leveling up a faction, to buy gear. :jackiechanconfusedpic: I kind of admire how incompetent and nonsensical these design decisions are. Not one person at Bungie ever said, "hey, this is a fucking chore and not fun."

Might email Sony to see if I can get a refund on all or a portion of the deluxe edition I bought. Worth a shot!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I went from digging Destiny to thinking it might end up in my 5 worst games I played list for this year. Game presents itself like a 5 star steak house but once inside you see that everything on the menu is ground beef.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

no, they give you a 5-star steak, but it's way smaller than advertised, and the waiter periodically comes by your table and moves your plate to another part of the restaurant
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

It would help out tons if that raid wasn't tedious as fuck and a pain to organise. First hard mode attempt was some bataan death march shit, completely shut down my destiny interest.

This year really sorta sucked.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Comrade Slinky wrote:
This year really sorta sucked.
...continued from the bumped 2013 GOTY thread:
spacehamster wrote:
The Bill wrote:Shall we update this thread and do it again?
I'd say make a new one and let this one die.
I was about to when it occurred to me that I don't know that I've played enough games that came out this year that could fill a top 5. The front half of this year was catching up on 2013 games I didn't play yet, and Dark Souls. Most of the later part of the year consisted of older games re-released in 2014. Mordor and Wolfenstein are the only two games that were pure 2014 releases that I played and that I liked. I liked them a hell of a lot, actually. Everything else was either just tolerable or bad.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Pisscubes wrote:So what the fuck happened with Destiny?
based on the posts on this very page [EDIT: previous page]... not enough content and insane amounts of grinding for minimal reward (and some people really hate the PVP compared to Halo, although some do like it).

RE: top 5 of the year. I never play enough AAA games to make a meaningful top 5 list, and I'm still in the middle of Dragon Age and Far Cry 4. with those two games hitting in the last month, for me this year went from pretty average to pretty damn good. I love both of those games so far and they'll probably be in my top 3 along with Dark Souls 2. actually the only AAA game I played this year that I wasn't a big fan of was The Evil Within. I really enjoyed Infamous: SS and South Park, although those are bite-sized compared to my top 3.

and I played a lot of indies but I can never remember which years they came out in.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:I really WAS a weak year now that I'm looking back.
I'm conflicted if it was weak or not. GTAV, FC4, and DA:I are a triple thunderbolt of awesomeness. Unfortunately, all released on the same goddamn day, released at the tail end of the year. That's the problem here. If re-releases were allowed, it would be another count of awesomeness... Halo, Diablo 3, and so forth. Take away November 18th, and ignore the re-releases, and then it was indeed mostly miserable.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
Haven't played FC4 yet. The thing I keep getting told is that it's basically more of FC3. Which if true would make it...
I'm fine with that. Bats: Arkham Origins would have made my top 5 2013 list has I played it in time last year, and that was more of the same. And I think Far Cry 3 made my number one spot for the 2012 list, so I have no problem with good more of the same. And "more of the same" with these games isn't like Madden or WWE "more of the same". They're different enough, like the Mega Man games are different enough.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

know what FC3 didn't have? ELEPHANTS. elephants getting attacked by fucking sharks and then flipping them out of the water, then charging the shore and ramming into vehicles just because they can. or elephants that you can boobytrap with C4 and send into a group of enemies and then detonate in an act of ultimate sacrifice.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Spooky Apparition wrote: elephants that you can boobytrap with C4 and send into a group of enemies and then detonate in an act of ultimate sacrifice.
You god damned animal.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Oh, I wonder when the next time I'll be drugged, stripped of my gear, and have to escape capture AGAIN in fucking FC4.

Makes me appreciate how nonintrusive FC2 was.
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Blair wrote:Oh, I wonder when the next time I'll be drugged, stripped of my gear, and have to escape capture AGAIN in fucking FC4.
how far are you? sounds annoying, but it hasn't happened to me yet and I'm about 40% through the main story I think...

Slinky: :twisted: the amount of animal atrocities I've committed in this game is insane. I make up for it by never killing any of the pleasant mountain folk though. I like those guys.