The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
copstache
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by copstache »

if you're only really planning to play games and not do video editing or any other kind of high-end computing, there's no reason to get an i7. spend the difference in prices on something else. i think you might average about a 5fps increase in a game with an i7.

revengeance ran at 60fps on last gen consoles, so that sounds like a bullshit recommendation to me.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/game ... 2twpq.html

I love the part about Tetris - It reminds me of the end of the movie Wargames.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote:if you're only really planning to play games and not do video editing or any other kind of high-end computing, there's no reason to get an i7. spend the difference in prices on something else. i think you might average about a 5fps increase in a game with an i7.

revengeance ran at 60fps on last gen consoles, so that sounds like a bullshit recommendation to me.
Thanks, man. The graphics card I'm getting smokes the recommended one on Steam, so I figured that was the case. All the other 360 era game recommendations are below my systems stats and then some. Outside of Halo, 360 doesn't have any pure 360 exclusives I care about, so this thing is going to retire it to the attic. I still never touched Resistance 3, Jaks collection, nor the Ratchet collection so the PS3 survives. Also, Heavy Rain is still there on the shelf, more as a reminder that I love Riley and Geoff's tit for tats than anything else.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

I've been catching on my backlog lately - about halfway through Heavy Rain right now. Why the hell does everyone sound eastern european?
ImageImageImage
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

milkmandan wrote:Why the hell does everyone sound eastern european?
: lol: It is essentially The Room: The Game.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Whenever the hell I do play it, if I do something wrong and not see some video game boobs I'll snap the disk in half.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:Outside of Halo, 360 doesn't have any pure 360 exclusives I care about, so this thing is going to retire it to the attic.
The PC versions of the Mass Effect games don't have controller support. I think there are mods for 1 and 2, but not for 3. Course if you're going to buy those again so you can retire the 360, you can also just get them on PS3 for next to nothing by now.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Wang Mandu wrote:
milkmandan wrote:Why the hell does everyone sound eastern european?
: lol: It is essentially The Room: The Game.
It is! I just finished it. Gonna work on the plat tomorrow. Definitely saw some T&A
ImageImageImage
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
The Bill wrote:Outside of Halo, 360 doesn't have any pure 360 exclusives I care about, so this thing is going to retire it to the attic.
The PC versions of the Mass Effect games don't have controller support. I think there are mods for 1 and 2, but not for 3. Course if you're going to buy those again so you can retire the 360, you can also just get them on PS3 for next to nothing by now.
That's irritating. I actually have them for the PSN as well. They were on sale back when I bought the Sony Golds and I was planning on retiring the 360 then. Of course, that's before I got the amp and superior headphones that also use the 360.

Anyhow, isn't there talk about ME series re-whatever for the new consoles?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Anyhow, isn't there talk about ME series re-whatever for the new consoles?
Hadn't heard about this before you brought it up, but apparently there is, yeah. But there's also the fact that the ME team is working on a new game, so who knows.

Sadly, I would totally buy the games again on PS4. And play the shit out of them.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Not only did I order the PC, but I pre-ordered Grim Fandango, and bought nu-new brand new all new Resident Evil. Is the GameCube version a decent bit different from the PSOne, because shit seems a lot different vs my play of it over a year ago.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

What's this game's official name? Resident Evil HD Remaster? Well, fuck you to purists and virgin nerds, but once you go new control scheme, tank controls can stick it, brother. Tank controls are for unhygienic losers that cry in the bathroom because even though they painted themselves in black face, their imaginary anime girl friend still won't fake touch them. New controls are for the Caesars and Conan the barbarians of the world. Jesus Christ, like I'm going to stick with operating a car with books tied around my shoes and sticks attached to the wheel, or am I going to grow up and buy a fucking sports car that drives fucking well and bitches are snorting coke off my balls. Fuck off.

Didn't care for the game when I fussed with it in the 90's. Like it in a sort of nostalgic way two years ago. Now, game rules number super excellent hour. Make RE2, you fucking gooks. Fuck it, make Code Name Veronica and whatever the hell they had as well, I'll buy it.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

this is fucking insanity :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

The part where he kept missing the P block was hilarious
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The fuck are these red faced zombies, yo! Giving me anyurisms and heart palpations. I'm going to have ammo issues.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

You never played the GameCube RE remake? Burn em or blow them heads off.

Just beat RE3 for the 20th time. It was not rewarding....
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Ghost Dad wrote:You never played the GameCube RE remake?
No, sir. I have not. To be completely honest here, I think I blew it. I thought I was a hot shot and I'd do search and destroy missions then go back and fiddle with the puzzle stuff. Seems I've left a lot of zombies around that still have heads, so essentially I just made more work for myself. I think I'll come back to this game in a month or so, and start from scratch.

Tonight is Friday, time to get back into GTA V. Haven't played it in two weeks. Last time I did I think I won a million dollars in the stock market then blew a ton of that cash on colored weapons. I think I need to buckle down and hit the main missions hard. Love 90% of this game, but I've been at this since before Thanksgiving (USA). Time to get getting on.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i actually put a little time into gta 5. its the first one ive sat down and played since vice city really. im really loving it.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote:i actually put a little time into gta 5. its the first one ive sat down and played since vice city really. im really loving it.
I'm seeing that as missions go by its less about the jerk off annoying characters and more down to business. Good!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

spacehamster wrote:
riley-o wrote:You really have to hunt down every chest in the game, because there's a bunch of extra feathers and eyes and horns chests in the game. Once you get all of them, the chests give you like 1000 reds each.
Yeah, I know. I thought I got all of the hidden ones, but clearly I missed a few.
Actually it turns out that the higher your difficulty is, the fewer orbs the game gives you and on Normal it's just about enough by the end of the game, so it's probably not even possible to do this on Titan. Haha.

Looks like I'll be playing through the whole game again on Easy. That'll help with the Labyrinth trophy as well, which as it turns out I don't have yet. It's fucking boring on Easy, though, you practically have to try to take damage. The Poseidon fight was ridiculous. Mash square to win.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Ah, makes sense.

If it's any consolation, running through it on easy takes about 2 hours. I did the aMAZEd trophy first try and not even on the easiest setting -- it's super easy as long as you don't touch any of the instakills.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Took a sneak peak at a walk through to see where I stand on finishing GTA V. Seems that I have a lot more to go, and some of it requires more flying. Fuck! I did okay Friday with the helicopter trying to scare some folks and I landed it without dying, but I wasn't trilled and don't really want to do it anymore. I hate to quit on a game I put so much time into, but skipping missions might have to become a thing.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Oh man oh man oh man

BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

I'm stuck on the "Kamikaze" trophy in Heavy Rain (the one where you have to drive the "best path" on the highway. Can't wait to be done with this game.

Anyone else getting The Dying Light on Tuesday? I watched some Twitch streams yesterday, it looks pretty fun.
ImageImageImage
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Dying Light? Is that Dead Island meets Parkour? No thanks.