The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
HATE RIDING BIKE...PULL ME.

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

The Bill wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:25 pm Blu-Ray 1080p Wii 2 Is fake news yes/no?

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=37744
The Bill invented the term FAKE NEWS in 2009.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:theylive:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Where’s my royalty check?

Been playing Enderal, which is a AAA quality Skyrim total conversion you can play for free if you already own Skyrim on Steam. It crashes sometimes but the main story is actually better than vanilla Skyrim.

I can’t remember what else I’ve beaten since I last posted here. Bloodstained, Soldier of Fortune 1& 2, No One Lives Forever 2, Baldur’s Gate (GC). I was playing Metro Exodus but deleted it after learning I fucked up something and was headed for the “bad” ending.

Also, presently playing Judge Dredd vs Death because that’s what the universe wants. It’s not great but entertaining enough, and so over the top right wing that it feels refreshing :shock: :shock:

I’ve also learned I’ve become an uncouth savage for a decade now, and have reemerged for the stinking cloud that is using a controller for FPSers and have fully embraced my return to mouse/keyboard.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I've been playing Overwatch and it's kind of hilarious because there's an online shooter where I can actually sort of keep up.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Red Dead 2 might be my preferred video game experience.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

so tired of killing turkeys....
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Finally finished the original Blood. Honestly, I think Metriod Prime would now complete my FPS bucket list. Hmm, there’s also Painkiller, but that one never clicks with me that I don’t care if I do ever beat it. Same with Shadow Warrior.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i cannot fucking believe i bought modern warfare

its such a piece of dog shit i want to scream
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:44 pm i cannot fucking believe i bought modern warfare

its such a piece of dog shit i want to scream
I'm sorry, but... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I need Copstache to tell me what to think of Death Stranding. It looks positively awful.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:evil:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

spacehamster wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:11 am I need Copstache to tell me what to think of Death Stranding. It looks positively awful.
yeah so I rented it and it kinda sucks man

like I admire the level of attention paid to all the stupid systems and everything, it's hilarious. but then god, nobody ever shuts the fuck up and they explain everything to you like you're the biggest jofa on the planet and it might be the most intellectually insulted i've ever felt by a video game

it's got metaphors an 8 year old would understand and they just hammer them into your skull

and you can't even enjoy the walking around bits because

a) you're getting called ALL THE FUCKING TIME
or
b) the game decides to just play some dumb fucking youtube indie rock bullshit song which makes it like being on a road trip with a teenager

game would actually be better if it had no story, just running around like a weeble wobble and falling down hills
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Urrrk. Well, thanks, dude. I was already going to skip this thing, but that seals it for me. It's not like I have time for videogames these days anyway, much less ones that I'm not going to enjoy. I'll probably get this when it's free on PS+ and then play it for two hours one evening just so I've seen it.

Sounds to me overall like Kojima really needs an editor, and not being with Konami anymore hasn't helped. Not that that's new, but... yeah.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Yeah, of what I’ve seen Death Stranding looks painfully boring and tedious. Instead of that PT game we get over encumbered babysitter UPS guy.

I really dig the new Star Wars game. Uncharted meets Dark Souls with a difficulty options setting dressed up as, um, Star Wars. Main character is the Joker from the recent Gotham tv show, so that’s slightly distracting. No micro transactions, no crafting, and Metrovania instead of open world. Is that really you, EA games?

Outer Worlds is mostly good, if you like the 360 era Fallout games, but combat is a bit generic so I cant play too long without getting bored.

Other then that, I want to replay Resident Evil 7 & 2. 7 with a mouse/keyboard and 2 with this awesome black & white & red Reshade Nvidia lets me do. About that, if you PC with a Nvidia card I highly suggest updating the drivers to the most recent and use it’s new texture sharpening, GPU upscaling, and reshade library filters. Wonderful!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Interesting! Played RE2 & RE7 with k/m. Shooting, looking around, just the movement is so much better than controller, but BUT dodging and running away (when not in a straight line) is so much more difficult.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I, uh, finally finished Blood and Wine today. I dunno how I forgot what an insanely good game The Witcher 3 is, but I kinda did, and then it all came back, and it felt sort of awesome.

I'm also going to need a new rig for Cyberpunk 2077. Sigh.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:05 pm I, uh, finally finished Blood and Wine today. I dunno how I forgot what an insanely good game The Witcher 3 is, but I kinda did, and then it all came back, and it felt sort of awesome.

I'm also going to need a new rig for Cyberpunk 2077. Sigh.
I have the Witcher 3 all prettied up and awesome with mods but it just sits here on my PC unplayed. Maybe the Netflix show will inspire a replay.

RE4, still good but I think 7 and remake 2 are far superior.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i played 20 minutes of Shenmue the other night

pretty crazy
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Got a new PC today. The Witcher 3 runs at 60 fps with all the settings maxed out. I hope that means Cyberpunk 2077 will at least run decently, ahem. I'm gonna test some of the more recent games that my old PC couldn't run at acceptable frame rates now. But jesus fuck, these two Witcher games look purdy with everything at max settings.
Eight Bit Alien

copstache wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:52 pm
spacehamster wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:11 am I need Copstache to tell me what to think of Death Stranding. It looks positively awful.
yeah so I rented it and it kinda sucks man

like I admire the level of attention paid to all the stupid systems and everything, it's hilarious. but then god, nobody ever shuts the fuck up and they explain everything to you like you're the biggest jofa on the planet and it might be the most intellectually insulted i've ever felt by a video game
I know it's a trite point, but how can we get the industry to stop fucking doing this? I seriously can't enjoy that shit.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

spacehamster wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:39 am Got a new PC today. The Witcher 3 runs at 60 fps with all the settings maxed out. I hope that means Cyberpunk 2077 will at least run decently, ahem. I'm gonna test some of the more recent games that my old PC couldn't run at acceptable frame rates now. But jesus fuck, these two Witcher games look purdy with everything at max settings.
Also, playing TW2 for the first time since before TW3 came out, having everything feel fresh and fun again despite the fact that I probably played through it a dozen times back then, and just man, this game is so good.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Replaying Witcher 3. Will it take 200 + hours to complete again?

Also, the finally completed Black Mesa. See if this was worth the wait.
Eight Bit Alien

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:14 pm Replaying Witcher 3. Will it take 200 + hours to complete again?
It's going to take me longer this second time. I'm kind of realizing I really fucked this game up for myself the first time - I was in such a rush to see how the story would play out that I blasted through the whole game in like two weeks and then I'd basically OD'd to the point that I couldn't even finish Blood and Wine when it came out. Now that I know what happens, I'm taking my time and doing basically every sidequest I can find. Way more fun this way. It's also ridiculous because I have too much money and don't know what to spend it on.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:19 am
The Bill wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:14 pm Replaying Witcher 3. Will it take 200 + hours to complete again?
It's going to take me longer this second time. I'm kind of realizing I really fucked this game up for myself the first time - I was in such a rush to see how the story would play out that I blasted through the whole game in like two weeks and then I'd basically OD'd to the point that I couldn't even finish Blood and Wine when it came out. Now that I know what happens, I'm taking my time and doing basically every sidequest I can find. Way more fun this way. It's also ridiculous because I have too much money and don't know what to spend it on.
I’m digging the differences from alternative choices from W2 and doing things another way during 3. Plus, after seeing what a bitch Yennifer was in the Netflix show, I’m pro Triss this time.
Eight Bit Alien

im about to lock in my 'real' team in Pokemon X and I don't know what to name all my dudes

i literally wont even consider beating the elite 4 unless they all have names