The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by ghost boner »

I gotta season pass for fallout 4. Started with nuka world as I heard that was the most boring but I gotta say so far this shits badass. Only beat the first boss so far but that shit ruled
formerly ghost boner
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

ghost boner wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:14 pm I gotta season pass for fallout 4. Started with nuka world as I heard that was the most boring but I gotta say so far this shits badass. Only beat the first boss so far but that shit ruled
It starts strong, but there's this whole scavenger hunt part, especially in "Tomorrow Land" that gets real tedious, real fast. The "Magic Kingdom" is easily the best section.

Beat Evil Within 2, good stuff, yet dialogue can be too, um, Japanese at times.

Now what? Mordor 2? Wolf 2?
Last edited by The Bill on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Double Post... 6 hours later!?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Buddy Boy wants me to play his Switch, specifically Zelda: Breathe of the Wild as the next game I'm to beat. This is how I got in trouble with myself last winter. Playing open world games. I think my enthusiasm and attention span wains during these seasonal shifts, so best not to attempt such a task presently. I think Wolf 2, and just hope there are no serious glitches. Probably, scoop out PC Gaming Wiki on it and just do all the tweaks ahead of time.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

im trying to put those flags down for all the gangs in nuka world and just got to galactic land and jesus fuck its nuts. how many fucking enemies can you throw at a person?
formerly ghost boner
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

ghost boner wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:26 pm im trying to put those flags down for all the gangs in nuka world and just got to galactic land and jesus fuck its nuts. how many fucking enemies can you throw at a person?
Too many robots and turrets, it annoyed me. And bored me. I think I did all Flags in the name of the crazy people from the zoo because they mostly reminded me of Fist of the North Star. Hated the lady and her group, had to give them 2 buckets full ‘o misogyny.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

these fucking turrets are the worst. im ready to give up and just start playing far harbor. i also hate that lady. she was stuck on 'busy' forever and i had to look it up. its some glitch. you have to either throw a synth grenade to wake her up or shoot her and holster your weapon and just hope she doesnt kill you anymore to get her attention. lame
formerly ghost boner
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

ghost boner wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:39 pm these fucking turrets are the worst. im ready to give up and just start playing far harbor. i also hate that lady. she was stuck on 'busy' forever and i had to look it up. its some glitch. you have to either throw a synth grenade to wake her up or shoot her and holster your weapon and just hope she doesnt kill you anymore to get her attention. lame
Have you gotten into the crafting stuff at all? It clicked w me a little bit when i was playing survival but it gets annoying trying to defebd settlements without fast travel
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

no not very much. i kind of forgot i had those add ons. defo gonna make a deathclaw and/or synth gorilla trap tomorrow though!
formerly ghost boner
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

What a disaster this port of Wolfenstein 2 is... sort of. I did this and I did that. I turned off stuff and turned on stuff from in game settings to nVidia control panels to editing files via notepad. Nothing fixes this atrocious screen tearing and corrupted cut-scenes. Turns out the culprit is 4K :x . So, I switched to one resolution lower. 3K?!? Now the game runs beautiful. I mean really beautiful, I can max every setting to the extreme "Uber" option and crank up Anti-aliasing, and this thing is running over 60fps. Now, there's no doubt about it, 4K the textures and shit are sharper and nicer and all that jazz, but you're probably never going to get a steady 60fps on most newer games from the PS4 generation.

Any way.

I'm playing on the suggested Easy difficulty and I rather enjoy it so far. I'm going to have to melee people more often, it's brutally excellent.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wolfenstein II's level design and layouts are terrible! I'm always getting lost and going in a circle, with that HUB on the ship being the worst. This isn't good, I've already started fussing with the PS2 & Gamecube/Wii emulator again. Crazy that a PC can make Super Mario Galaxy look a lot prettier than the Switch's Mario Odyssey. I'll finish Wolf 2 because I hear it's short and there is a decent game buried underneath those levels.

I was a little silly and bought some software called Dolby Atmos for Windows and XBOX. Holy shit, my ears. Even the emulated games sound like photo realistic... wait, that's not right. Photo, photo, what's the sound equivalent of a photo. Recording, no, maybe. It sounds record player realistic.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I just checked a walk-through because I've kind of had enough of Wolf 2, and it turns out I stopped the game Literally at the final fight before the end. Dagnabit! Guess I'll end it tonight. Had the people put as much effort into the actual game as they did with the cut-scenes this could have been something. Instead, I feel they just threw a half cooked FPS into some grind-house film they wanted to do. And let me tell you, the story gets fucking stupid. I can put up with some wacky stuff, but it crosses the line at one point that just puts any sort of serious investment you might have into the toilet in favor of some, not cartoon... poorly written comic book nonsense. And I say half cooked FPS because stealth is a joke. I mean some one even smells you and the entire level is now on high alert. Best just to treat it as a 90's FPS and just go nuts on them. Finally, it seems the game had side missions. I hadn't noticed till the end and by then I didn't give a shit. Very disappointing.

I need to play something great to cleanse my palate after this. Is it time to finally play Metriod Prime, properly?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

The Bill wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:42 am I need to play something great to cleanse my palate after this. Is it time to finally play Metriod Prime, properly?
just play Fortnite, it's all a man needs nowadays.

... I guess I'm only half joking? I downloaded it out of curiousity and after an hour thought it was horrible, but now I keep going back to it. it's strangely addicting, even though the gameplay loop, with very little variation, is: skydive into a location, try to find weapons, ammo, and shields ASAP while avoiding people who have weapons already, sneak around for a while, make your way toward the ever-decreasing circle, then get sniped out of nowhere by some camper. it's strangely fun though, honestly. being one of the last 10 or so people alive gets super intense, though it always leads to failure in my case.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

That sounds like that other game I can't bother remembering the name of. Player Unknown's PUGS or what have you? Blah! I don't care for multiplayer. Can't do it, it always seems as shallow as playing a game of Tetris with the added annoyance factor of strangers being in my game.

...and all these years later I still don't know what they were thinking with the Metriod Prime control scheme. It's first person Resident Evil style tank controls, isn't it? I wonder if there's a hack or mode that makes it more like a real FPS.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

My job is moving soon so I went into Amazon to cancel the Kirby Switch game, since the address would be wrong. Turns out I also pre-ordered PS4 God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2. I mean, I wasn't drunk or anything when I did it, but I did it so long ago I forgot about them (some what). I probably rushed in and used Christmas Amazon gift cards before the wife could swoop in and buy some Transcendental Meditation incense orb thing with my gift money. So, I cancelled them as well. I'll probably re-pre-order them once I know where I'm going to be. I heard rumblings of RDR2 for PC, and being that GTAV is one of Steam's all time best sellers I can't see why not. Should I just wait for that? I also checked out my Steam wish list for the first time in ages:

Hellraid - Looks like a Skyrim clone from the makers of Dying Light and Call of Juarez. :?:
Metro Exodus - Hell yeah! 8)
System Shock - Remake from the people that bought the license for Turok. I don't think I like these games that much. :?
Dusk - Quake meets Blood, and it looks like shit graphically, but does it rule? Still early access. :twisted:
Far Cry 5 - Like I'm not going to get this. :cry:
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - This is either going to be the best or it's going to be the worst. :ax:
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

well im pretty sure im done with far harbor. definitely gotta say its worth the buy. reminded me a lot of dagon by lovecraft and apparently there are a million different 'endings' you can go with. for the record i played the entire game as the good guy and went with the asshole ending just because. it was awesome
formerly ghost boner
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Decided to finally finish the Dark Souls III DLC - the first one, anyway. Never even bought the second one. Turns out I was about two feet away from unlocking the shortcut to the last room before the boss fight when I lost my mojo like a year ago. Oops. I guess I'll wrap this up and finally get the second one, but we'll see.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Also, the wireless dongle for my 360 controller crapped out and since I couldn't get a new one at the store, I just bought an Xbone controller. Still refusing to buy an Xbone, but the controller's certainly good.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Kinda thinking about buying Shadow of the Colossus for the third time.. :|
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

i forgot i had the automotron add on for fallout and started playing it by accident. this shit rules hard.
formerly ghost boner
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

riley-o wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:06 pm Kinda thinking about buying Shadow of the Colossus for the third time.. :|
I just can’t do it, no matter how gorgeous it looks.

I played UFC3 - what a waste of time game devs spend on fighting games like this and boxing.

Essentaillly the career modes have not changed since Evander Holyfield Boxing on Genesis/Megadrive.

Why does someone slow, weak & unfit decide to start a career in a combat sport?

Does Dana White & Matt Sera hear about a kid in Ohio who doesn’t have many moves, punches , kicks and move like a snail and has the cardio of a 3 pack a day smoker and say ‘sign that kid up for a contract’?

Why any game maker hasn’t tried something else is mental. Like - You’re a collegiate wrestler, golden gloves boxer, BJJ junior champion, kickboxing champ or something - then start to learn MMA or SOMETHING different.

Anyway the stand up is passable but the ground and grappling is worse than ever - not that I expect any of you guys to play it.

My daughter and I have been addicted to playing Fortnite - heaps of fun as a pubg/Minecraft hybrid - and free!
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Anyone getting Kingdom Come Deliverance? I almost did but when even the most positive reviews are complaining about bugs, glitches, and crashes it’s time to stop being so impulsive and wait for patches and a sale. Plus, maybe too much micromanaging with food and sleep and laundry for my taste.

Dusk, on the other hand, friggin’ rules. It’s like Blood meets Quake.

Been replaying Witcher 3 mostly with some very nice eye candy mods. Even though Its still too fresh in my mind, its still the best.

Metriod Prime was a bust. Seriously thinking of giving Red Dead Redemption a proper go. Can’t remember why I cut my last attempt so short. Something happens early on that turns me off. I’ll try to get through it one last time, or forever give up on it.

Suborgatory completely reaffirms I loathe crafting/survival games. I’m turning my back on this genre for good. It now joins the likes on turn based combat and soccer games.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I meant Subnautica. Suburbatory or whatever was that TV show with the chick from that unneeded Evil Dead remake in it.

Thank god I didn’t get Kingdom Come Deliverance. You hear about the idiotic manual save system. Fuck off!

Turned on the Xbox One for the first time in years as the 360 version of Red Dead running on this is the smoothest & best looking version of the 4 options.

I’m feeling oddly nostalgic and want to play random slightly old games not available on PC like The Darkness or Prey (original) or even stupid ass Wet. I’m sure this is one of my wacky yearly fads I get into for a month or two, but still.
David Draiman's Chin pipes
Hella Evil & Shit
Location: A deployment of light among a careful clutter of angles, a hundred blurry highlights

Post by David Draiman's Chin pipes »

There's the life and there's the consumer event.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Did anyone Monster Hunter on PS4 and has anyone actually played Kingdom Come? I’m feeling a hankering for a new game and not sure I can hold out til April 20 for God of War.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath