The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by doomeddisciple »

When you reach the end of the first Act - there is a boss duel. He is an absolute cunt.

Duels have the opposition throw Unblockable attacks at you preceded by a red glint.

You can interrupt this by doing a jumping kick at your opponent with Jump then heavy attack. It will unlikely land but you can at least stop the attack landing/make him push you aside and reset.

This has been doomeddisciple’s scrub level unwanted hint for Ghost of Tsushima
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

That ghost game and Last of Us 2 are probably discounted holiday purchases. And mayhaps the last console purchases I ever make again... for myself. I’m getting on in age and probably just going out PC only. I have no interest in the new Xbox nor Playstation. Could be I get a PS5 at the end of it’s life if it has some outstanding exclusives. Yet, looking back I don’t think there were any exclusives for 4 that were so great I want to replay them. Spiderman, God of War, Last of Us were grand to play one time. Even robot dino hunter is coming to PC. Hell, there will probably be a PS4 emulator some day. Halo Infinite is coming to PC so Xbox has nothing for me.

That being said, I do need to play the Fist of the Northstar Yakuza game on PS4. Maybe after Rage 2. Maybe.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

this nu-Halo reveal is a fucking riot

good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Necrometer wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:58 pm this nu-Halo reveal is a fucking riot

Hmm. I haven’t really paid attention to be honest. I know it’s coming to PC and both present and future Xboxes. Maybe that’s the Xbox One version and it got the old “just make it run well” treatment. That picture reminds me of the first batch of Xbox 360 exclusive games, like Perfect Dark Zero. I don’t know. Halo 4 & 5 were lookers. Can’t judge till the finished final version is released. I do remember something about them taking Halo back to it’s roots. Not just Halo 1, but that open world demo thing I remember seeing back in 2000.

The real backlash going on is against the Crysis Remaster. But, hey, they got Crysis to run on the Nintendo Switch, so fuck it.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Finished the MW2 remaster campaign today. All I can really say is I was looking up the chapter list on my phone all the time to see how much more of this shit I'd have to slog through.

It's probably best summed up with the time when I died like 10 times to RPGs coming out of nowhere during the escape from the safehouse until I realized that the game just wanted me to run past everyone. That's this game in a nutshell. Also, it's boring.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Finished the story of Ghost of Tsushima.

I played on hard, there were two tough battles in the first 3rd of the game and through leveling up skills & tactics found the rest of the game a breeze - but importantly - not at all boring.

A few killer mechanics and it’s own way of cutting out superfluous actitivities that drag out so many other open world games.

I’m compelled to go complete the missions I’ve not done yet and that to me is always benchmark for a good open world game.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I decided maybe I should stop playing games I hate, so I'm back at The Witcher 3, wrapping up Hearts of Stone and then I'll replay Blood and Wine. It's really kind of crazy how well this game has aged.

Ghost of Tsushima looks interesting, but I honestly don't know if I can handle 30 fps anymore.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Chigurh
Throbbing Black Werebeast

Post by Chigurh »

Replaying Witcher 3 also, because I finally got the DLCs (GOTY edition)

If anything I enjoyed it much more (just beat main game) the second time
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Chigurh wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:26 am If anything I enjoyed it much more (just beat main game) the second time
Same here. The first time I blew through the whole game in like two weeks because I was in such a rush to see all the story stuff from TW2 pay off that I feel like I didn't really enjoy it as much as I could have, and I was also totally burned out by the end and couldn't finish Blood and Wine for years. This second time was much more fun.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

While Rage 2 is good in theory it is unfortunately redundant as shit after a few hours. The sandbox design only adds wasteful time filler going to and fro.

Started Halo 1 on PC. Boy oh boy, mouse/keyboard HERE is a game changer. Puts a new lease on the old girl.

Also got Resident Evil 3 real cheap from some website that was doing a steam key flash sale. Didn’t get much into it but dear lord what a looker.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Pre-ordered PS5 - I’m a sucka
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

doomeddisciple wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:01 pm Pre-ordered PS5 - I’m a sucka
I'm gonna need that just for the Demon's Souls remake, I'm afraid...
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

spacehamster wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:39 pm
doomeddisciple wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:01 pm Pre-ordered PS5 - I’m a sucka
I'm gonna need that just for the Demon's Souls remake, I'm afraid...
Yep..and cyberpunk 2077
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

doomeddisciple wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:28 am

Yep..and cyberpunk 2077
Oh, that was my excuse to get a new PC this year.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I’m having trouble remembering what I’ve played this summer.

I have most recently replayed and beat:

Halo 1
American McGee’s Alice
Alice Madness Returns
Alan Wake

All PC at 4K with texture packs where applicable. All beautiful.

Presently replaying:

Max Payne 1 (with a Matrix mod)
Rise of the Tomb Raider

If anyone was randomly interested, I hear the brand new Crysis remaster is to be avoided at all costs.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Does CP2077 have gameplay footage yet? Last I saw it was a CG Keanu Reeves in a predendered movie.

I know I could look this up on YouTube but I figure any post is a good post for this place.

Someone tell me, why so excited about this game? Whats the BIG WHOOP?
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:46 pm Someone tell me, why so excited about this game? Whats the BIG WHOOP?
For me it’s because it was made by the Witcher 3 dudes. And that’s also a reason I may wait awhile to play it as they often release a bunch of free dlc as times goes on.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

a) Yes, there is gameplay footage, but I don't put much stock in these things and I've only watched maybe 5 minutes in total.
b) I'm excited because it's CDPR, simple as that. They know how to do this really well. I don't know what "best game of all time" or "of the decade" means, but if someone says it about The Witcher 3, I can see why they would.
c) The only way The Witcher 3 could have been more up my alley was if it had a cyberpunk instead of a fantasy setting.

Generally speaking, I try not to think about the game too much, especially now that it's been delayed, because I don't want to go into it too hyped up and I don't want to binge through it way too quickly like I did with The Witcher 3, but given who makes it and the fact that the genre and setting are basically my favorite, it's hard to imagine I won't love it.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Netflix has a Dragon’s Dogma anime up, so fuck it. I’ll play that now. So far it’s fine, but I’m confused to what it do as everything is just a side quest so far. Fucking nighttime in this game is disturbing.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

I'm in the process of building a new PC to bame on. It's mostly done, just waiting for my number to come up with EVGA. Could be a month. Could be like 4. Either way I've got a 2080 Super in there until then, which is still an upgrade from my old rig.

Mainly just playing Doom Eternal and working my way through Control for the first time.

We have enough people on here to get an Among Us group?
i like to dissect women
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

abdominalpillaging wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:39 pm I'm in the process of building a new PC to bame on. It's mostly done, just waiting for my number to come up with EVGA. Could be a month. Could be like 4. Either way I've got a 2080 Super in there until then, which is still an upgrade from my old rig.

Mainly just playing Doom Eternal and working my way through Control for the first time.

We have enough people on here to get an Among Us group?
I'm doing the same, and everyone keeps yelling at me saying there's a new generation of graphics cards coming soon and I absolutely have to wait.
Forget it jack, I want a beepbox now
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Honestly, if you care about true 4K and Ray Tracing then wait for the newer nVidia cards. I’m waiting another year or two.

Dragons Dogma is pretty bland. I don’t get the love. It’s more Devil May Cry than RPG I say. I’m done.

For Halloween type waiz I’ve started F.E.A.R. and Lost in Vivo.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Been playing Mario 35 like a real G does, which probably no one here can relate to

Getting first place feels like literally having sex with the boobs
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Well, Real G, I think you should try Lost in Vivo. It might scare the cock right out of your dick.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Also known as kicking the leg outta my leg
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES