The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I have a group of best freinds IRL who are all mutually into the competitive fighting game scene. They all take Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat super seriously and go to tournaments, build their own special controllers, and follow the careers of pro players, etc.

It's completely sucked the joy out of fighting games for me for the time being, even though that trailer looks AWESOME I'm too PTSD'd and timid to try the game :lol:
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:09 pm i'm afraid i'm getting into minecraft
My boy tried to get me to give it a serious go a few months ago. Just too much resource grinding for me to dig it.

Been playing Wind Waker all emulated at 4K and such. Have to tell you, being able to speed up the game to 150% while sailing around is a godsend. Also, quick saves in the dungeons is a wonder.

Playing a GameCube game got me all nostalgic so I reinstalled the PS1, PS2, N64, SNES, and NES
Emulators and a bunch of games. Should I finally beat Blaster Master?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

After playing Conan Exiles for the PSN game of April, the technical issues plaguing Days Gone reviews just haven’t bothered me one bit yet.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:02 pm I have a group of best freinds IRL who are all mutually into the competitive fighting game scene. They all take Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat super seriously and go to tournaments, build their own special controllers, and follow the careers of pro players, etc.

It's completely sucked the joy out of fighting games for me for the time being, even though that trailer looks AWESOME I'm too PTSD'd and timid to try the game :lol:
Meh. I gave up on being competitive online at games a long time ago. With fighting games especially it's just insane. I played one of the Tekkens online for a while and I was just happy if I didn't get juggled to death one in ten matches. There's a few things I'm ok at - Dark Souls, obviously, and this mobile game called Realm War that for some reason I was a total world-beater at, but usually I either don't play or I just live with the fact that I'll suck. Especially fighting games. I'd rather bask in fond memories like the one time I was playing Mortal Kombat at the arcade and this kid who thought I was some kind of scrub challenged me and ended up having to leave because he was all out of change and hadn't won a single game.

The new Mortal Kombat looks really cool, but there's a good bit of controversy because of the microtransactions involved, and all the reviews I've seen somehow seem to specifically ignore that because they've probably been asked to, so I wanted some real opinions.

Then again, it'll probably be another month until I can kick this Sekiro addiction. I'm three playthroughs in and I can't stop playing.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

What was that other recent Dark Souls clone samurai game ? Saw it was on sale recently but seem to remember the overwhelming response was a resounding meh
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:01 am What was that other recent Dark Souls clone samurai game ? Saw it was on sale recently but seem to remember the overwhelming response was a resounding meh
Nioh? I was really excited about that one and then totally lost interest after a few hours. You need to man up and play Sekiro already.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Platinum'd Sekiro today. Now I think I'm going back to the PC version and doing the rest of the Steam achievements. I'm almost done anyway, and the game is so, so much nicer on PC.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

Mordhau is fun as fuck. goofy on the surface and that adds to the appeal...but the combat is difficult and nuanced, and sometimes infuriating

Ive been playing the shit out of it...my dude has a bowl cut, rollie fingers stache, robin hood cap, and what looks like yellow sweatpants. No shirt...

Im not overly proud of where my life is
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i want to play mordhau!!!
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I got a code for the Nioh 2 alpha demo. I continue to be profoundly unimpressed by this game.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Every criticism of Fallout 4 was true and valid, but none of them detract from the game in a meaningful way. I haven't finished the main quests yet, and I'll hold off on a final judgement until I do. So far though I've been loving it.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

fallout 4 is the fucking best. ive played through 3 times and bought all the addons. also, ive only played 22% of red dead 2 and am bored out of my mind. i havent played for months. is there something wrong with me? im the only person i know that doesnt like that game
formerly ghost boner
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i bought red dead 1 when it came out, played it for roughly 5-6 hours and then returned it the next day never touching it again. i think i was still exhausted by the rockstar formula between gta3 and vice. i played enough of san andreas to get good on the bicycle and then quit playing that too. i also got far enough in gta 5 to a scene where i tortured some guy with a car battery and stopped playing the campaign after that

dont care

ive probably posted about and defended the nowadays fallout franchise a lot elsewhere but playing the survival mode with a ton of mods on for 10-15 hours at a time. stopping. starting over etc is so much fun and is so immersive i forgive literally every flaw especially its retard level story telling in comparison to stuff like the witcher 3. and ive still never once touched the dlc despite having all of it
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Post by hyperviolence »

oh man i hated rdr2 also. i wasnt going to buy it cause of how much i disliked gta v but i got sucked into the hype and shame on me. a huge bore

i just beat god of war and i thought that was kind of a bore too. hit a lot of dad/son cliches and i missed the brutaltiy of the original series. Not a ton of enemy variety or cool boss fights either

if you guys love fallout 4 i highly suggest giving 76 a shot despite the bad publicity. probably the best and most varied world bethesda has ever created
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

cant do online. hate that shit. also i loved gtav and all of the others, for the record
formerly ghost boner
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i got a free copy of 76 and so i really only have good things to say about it but im sure i wouldnt feel exactly the same way if i had paid for it. though im not sure what people were expecting or why they continue to buy into hilariously optimistic pitches from the developers themselves no matter who the developer is. the reality of the game is that every time you walk away from it it essentially resets and forgets about you. having all these zones where things just respawn and the like really runs counter to the best fallout has to offer. in a weird way though that gameplay loop we talked about of exploring, killing, looting, collecting, building is still hardcore fun and can carry you pretty far. i cant remember where i read it but someone said its basically like a giant fallout theme park video game. which is dead on.

i only had two 'bad' experiences with other people during my time with it. one was some way over levelled guy following me around doing tons of microscopic chip damage and trying to get me into a 1v1 him and another time someone dropped a nuke on an area that i was in while i was indoors which destroyed my base thing and when i went back outside i was rapidly dying to insane levels of radiation from the nuke which made me punk out and quit. every other interaction was so weirdly utopian and cool that i started to develop an impression of the average 76 player as someone who is trying to almost will the game into being something other than what it is and i think its great. one guy ran up to me with his mic on and was he like "hey! here's some leveled power armor man, merry christmas, stay safe!". another time i got badly cornered in a small bunker by some flying scorch beast thing that i had no hope of killing and two guys conducted some weird kind of extraction/intervention against it just to help me?

i dont know, i could probably ramble on a while about how it could benefit from some kind of independent server model with mod support or something. i bet if they keep supporting it the right way it'll have a chance to be something amazing but who knows

actually if anyone with an xbox wants to play it i still have one code to give away
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Finally caved and bought MK11 today even though I promised myself I'd wait until the price comes down. So far it's pretty hilarious how well the ol' foot sweep/uppercut still works, at least against AI enemies. It's like, you've got these fancy graphics and all this new stuff, but it still plays like it's 1992.

I'm also in my 12th playthrough of Sekiro. I don't know why this game is so addictive, but I cannot stop playing it.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Shit I’ve beaten recently:

Zelda Wind Waker
Castlevania 3
No One Lives Forever 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

Working through Quake 4

That Plauge’s Tale game looks interesting.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

lol wut stranding
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Beat Super Castlevania 4

Fuck, the enemies in Castlevania: Rondo of Blood are real agile. Not the pattern strick monsters I’ve grown used to.

Plauge Tale Innocence is very good in terms of graphics, sound, story, and controls but... but it really is just a puzzle/stealth game and I’m not a big fan of this kind of game play. I’ll finish it for the story.

Quake 4 sure does get redundant. Still, best indoor lighting there is.

Next up is probably Solder of Fortune, and Metriod Prime.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Plauge’s Tale is a better Star Wars story than new or prequel Star Wars.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

FALLOUT 76 BATTLE ROYALE MOTHER FUCKS

:lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

The Bill wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:05 am Beat Super Castlevania 4
Ya know some people have recently released an emulator that upscales the rotating graphic Mode 7 effect on SNES games.... wondering how Castlevania 4 would play with all that craziness rendered in higher definition.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:54 pm
The Bill wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:05 am Beat Super Castlevania 4
Ya know some people have recently released an emulator that upscales the rotating graphic Mode 7 effect on SNES games.... wondering how Castlevania 4 would play with all that craziness rendered in higher definition.
I heard that, but I love my Snes9x emulator. I play it at 4K with fancy graphics filters so mode 7 doesn’t look too bad. Damn nice enchanted sound, as well.

Beat Quake 4. When it tries to be horror it’s quite good. When it wants to be Call of Duty it’s boring.

Beat Kingpin: Life of Crime. Didn’t like it then didn’t like it now.

Beat Plauge’s Tale: Innocence. Yeah, I liked it.

Now Playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Buldar’s Gate: Dark Alliance (GC) and Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

I don't know if the sale is still going but I got nba2k19 for 3 fucking dollars yesterday!
formerly ghost boner