The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

Fuck, I wonder if FEAR on the Xbox 360 was neutered some how, because the PC version (just from a game play/shooting point of view) is probably top 10 first person shooter of all time.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I had last week free and decided to try to stop sucking at CS:GO, I watched many videos in YouTube and put around 15 hours on the game and went from being killed in the first 15 seconds to always ending up in the top 5 of my group. The game is complex and the people are way too good, but once you get better you start to get the appeal and it becomes fun and addictive.

P.S. The best is seeing how you get one million FPS. And my hardware is not even that good (R5 2400G + RX570).
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Hell yeah. After so many decades The Bill finally beat the original NES Castlevania... and I hear-by announce by retirement from ever playing it again. Original G? No! Pure God.

Also beat FEAR.

Want to feel dread and incompetence? I guess I do. Started Condemned Criminal Origins. Headphones are a must.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

:putin
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

The Bill wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:57 pm Hell yeah. After so many decades The Bill finally beat the original NES Castlevania... and I hear-by announce by retirement from ever playing it again. Original G? No! Pure God.
I don't understand how anybody ever beat that game with finite continues.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

The Bill wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:57 pm Hell yeah. After so many decades The Bill finally beat the original NES Castlevania
oof. that fucker takes balls mate. well done
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Fuck the birds that drop the fleamen and double fuck the Grim Reaper. I definitely played better than when I did as a kid. Patience and better pattern recognition. I think beating Castlevania 2,3,4, Rondo, and SOTN so many months ago leveled me up.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

I came in 2nd Place in Tetris 99 for about the 10th time. I've still never come in 1st. I did get 1st Place in Super Mario Bros. 35 last week, but that didn't feel like much of an accomplishment.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

So sad that new DOOM Eternal DLC came out today and I just don’t care. So many aspects of the game were cool but just too much arena combat, too much 90’s Image Comics type story telling and design. And I truly hate the ammo/health/armor gameplay. Loathe the platforming. I don’t know it’s too far removed from Doom 1993-2016 that it’s not DOOM, but some other modern FPS. I should really replay the original 2 via Brutal Doom to completion.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:55 pm I came in 2nd Place in Tetris 99 for about the 10th time. I've still never come in 1st. I did get 1st Place in Super Mario Bros. 35 last week, but that didn't feel like much of an accomplishment.
You gotta get your shit together if you want to be a true Tetris Maximus stud.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Time to stop being a Tetris kid, and start acting like a Tetris man!
BUSINESS
Gear in the Machine

Post by BUSINESS »

Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

I pulled the trigger on a v1 (moddable) Switch... also buying a new midrange PC. The one I have now was built in 2010. About to choke down an entire decade of gaming innovations. I don't think I'm gonna get much work done inbetween now and 2021.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Beat Dead Space.

Going to give Brutal Doom a proper play, not just a quick dick about like the last 10 times I downloaded it. Dear me but it probably is the most fuck badass shit there is all time. I think it was version 19 when last I did this, it’s on v. 21. The level of gore and violence added since then is just magnificent.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:47 pm Beat Dead Space.
Wait, wait, did you actually just play Dead Space for the first time in your life? You're even later to the party than I was.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:42 am
The Bill wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:47 pm Beat Dead Space.
Wait, wait, did you actually just play Dead Space for the first time in your life? You're even later to the party than I was.
Oh no. I beat Dead Space 1 & 2 on ye ol’ Xbox 360 whenever they came out. Rebeat it on PC with the 4K, max grafx, and cool sweetfx injection. Never played 3, though.

I’m getting into mods for DOOM. What a wonderful world I’ve never really touched. Pirate Doom, Golden Sun, and Going Down are quite good. Bloom (combo of Blood and DOOM) rules but it’s supposedly a “demo”.
godofdeadlydeath

Yesterday marked 22 years since the release date of WCW/nWo Revenge on N64. Getting that game the day it came out and playing it until midnight (on a school night) was one of the best moments of my freshman year of high school. I went through the Television Championship and United States Championship courses that night. Won the TV title as Perry Saturn and the US Championship as Booker T.

doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I’d just like to say the PS5 is a DELIGHT
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:18 am Yesterday marked 22 years since the release date of WCW/nWo Revenge on N64. Getting that game the day it came out and playing it until midnight (on a school night) was one of the best moments of my freshman year of high school. I went through the Television Championship and United States Championship courses that night. Won the TV title as Perry Saturn and the US Championship as Booker T.
:tup: :tup:

I'm at the point in my gaming career where I like reading stuff like this, personal memories and reflections on the culture of the time, more than games themselves. Thanks for sharing, that sounds awesome.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Also, Breath of the Wild is one of the best fucking games ever made - like top 5.
There's a part of me that's convinced that it's the best video game... #1. I usually hold off on declarations like that until I'm finished with the thing, or some time has gone by... things can have a 'new baby' quality sometimes, where it blows your mind partially by novelty alone, rather than truly remarkable qualities... puppy love.
My experience of playing it is certainly the most fun I've had with any game for 10 years, at least. I'm quite sure that I'm enjoying this more than I enjoyed Ocarina when it came out. Half-life 2, Mario Galaxy, Mario 64, SotN, and Super Metroid... this bitch absolutely belongs right there inarguably, maybe at the top of the pile.

Shit like GTA, Elder Scrolls, the older 3D Zeldas, what have you... I'm not even gonna be able to go back to them, I don't think.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Breath of the Wild would be straight number 1 is sword makers in that world chose something more durable than cheese to make them with. The constant breaking weapons just sucked the fun out of much of the game for me
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
godofdeadlydeath

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:30 pm Also, Breath of the Wild is one of the best fucking games ever made - like top 5.
There's a part of me that's convinced that it's the best video game... #1. I usually hold off on declarations like that until I'm finished with the thing, or some time has gone by... things can have a 'new baby' quality sometimes, where it blows your mind partially by novelty alone, rather than truly remarkable qualities... puppy love.
My experience of playing it is certainly the most fun I've had with any game for 10 years, at least. I'm quite sure that I'm enjoying this more than I enjoyed Ocarina when it came out. Half-life 2, Mario Galaxy, Mario 64, SotN, and Super Metroid... this bitch absolutely belongs right there inarguably, maybe at the top of the pile.

Shit like GTA, Elder Scrolls, the older 3D Zeldas, what have you... I'm not even gonna be able to go back to them, I don't think.
I have never been more immersed in the world of a game than with Breath of the Wild. I think it's my favorite game of all-time at this point, with Super Mario World just slightly behind. Generally, I get bored of long adventure/RPG type games, and I often find the open world type concept too daunting or intimidating or overwhelming to enjoy. BotW is the exception. Everything about it is amazing. I beat all of the main quests and the Divine Beasts and even after unlocking the secret ending, I STILL want to work my way through and dig into side quests and find the Koroks and just keep exploring because it's THAT enjoyable. Ocarina of Time is the only other game that has even come close to making me feel this way, but BotW is just so much better in every aspect.

I'm also starting Ocarina again. I have the Gamecube bonus disc that has the original game and the Master Quest (which is way too hard, fuck that) and I've been playing it on the Wii with the Gamecube controller. It's hard to go back to something so "primitive" compared to BotW, but the story is still so great that it hasn't bored me yet. And the fucking music in Ocarina is just so incredible.

godofdeadlydeath

doomeddisciple wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:25 pm Breath of the Wild would be straight number 1 is sword makers in that world chose something more durable than cheese to make them with. The constant breaking weapons just sucked the fun out of much of the game for me
That part of it was very frustrating early on but it really forced me to get a lot better at aiming arrows and focusing more on that part of the game, and once you know where to find all the best kinds of arrows or you can use bombs, it's a lot of fun figuring out the easiest way to blow some fuckers up.

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Best NES Ninja Gaiden. And YES I was forced to incorporate some emulation black magic to win. And YES fuck this game now, back then, and forever.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I am addicted to CS:GO. I never thought this could happen. I've put like 50 hours on it in the last month.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg