The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 4:03 am Prey is actually good? Seems like a lot of people are enjoying it.
PC version apparently has a save corruption bug going on. So, I'm obviously waiting for that shit to get patched up. Oh hell no!
Wang Mandu wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 8:25 am Fuck yeah. This game should be INSANE at 60fps and above. Sega coming through with all these late ports. This news makes me happy since I found out my now ex-gf is a lying cunt! :D :lol:
Vanquish was one of those games I sold back after I beat, then cursed myself a month later for selling back. This is great news. I'm getting it. There must be some huge buzz about Platinum after Neir Automata for SEGA to be doing all this. As for your lying ex-cunt, well, nothing spells revenge better than taking an XBOX 360 game that ran at 60fps, and then doubling those frames per second. Take that, non-doubling liar!

Mass Effect A seems to have a decent enough quick save system, maybe I'll just finish it after all, though I fear I'm far from the ending. Especially since there's all these savaging missions. I'm so sick of all this savaging in games.

Looking at reviews of STRAFE. Fucking idiots. This game could of, and should of been a throw back to games like Blood, or Quake. Instead, they throw in shit like "rougelike" and "randomly generated levels" and "pixelated graphics". All the things that makes potentially good games, shit games. Who are the people playing these ugly rougelike games? Hipsters? Virgins? Shit is so tacky and redundant. Truly lazy game designing.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I had Vanquish on PS3 but couldn't deal with the framerate because it dipped below 30fps at times. The gameplay is out of this world though and I wonder how well it works with kb/m.

You're the best, TheBill. ME:A just got a patch too.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 9:21 am You're the best, TheBill. ME:A just got a patch too.
No info in that patch on HDR, but there was something about resolutions and displays. Then again, it might be working. It must be working. If I'm actually seeing this game without HDR then the Frostbite Engine is the greatest thing ever.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 8:25 am

Fuck yeah. This game should be INSANE at 60fps and above. Sega coming through with all these late ports. This news makes me happy since I found out my now ex-gf is a lying cunt! :D :lol:
OH SHIT YES.

I played the FUCK out of this game on PS3 and now I get to do it all over again at 60 FPS in HD? BONERBONERBONER.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

I played Vanquish solely because of SH's raving about it here for years and it was so great. the story is damn entertaining too, in a ridiculous/over the top way.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

If you have bayonetta you get $5 off of Vanquish. If you buy them both together now, it's $30 for the pair

a steal and a half
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

The Order 1886 finally dropped below my $4 limit on maximum I'd pay for it :lol:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

riley-o wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 1:02 am The Order 1886 finally dropped below my $4 limit on maximum I'd pay for it :lol:
Dear lord, that game. I can't remember anything positive outside the graphics, which I'm assuming don't live up to Horizon or any recent PC games. Things I do remember are a terrible frame rate, combat that poorly imitates Gears of War, bunch of English people rambling on about the most uninteresting stuff, stereotypical unlikable "tough" girl, and quick time events. With all that said, I'd rather give this game another shot than play those last two Tom Clancy sandbox games.

Mass Effect patch doesn't do anything for my bizarre HDR conundrum. It's probably nothing to do with the game. It's Windows, it's totally Windows. BioWare did something, though. Game looks doubly amazing suddenly. Textures, world lighting, shadows, shaders. Everything across the board. I'd have to now rank it up there with the top lookers (outside of character models, of course) of 2017. I really hate the frozen planet, that didn't get fixed.

I saw that IGN gave PREY a 4/10 on PC because of the save game corruption. Damn! I kind of like that, fucking with a games' Metacritic because they released a shoddy product on a specific platform. The reviewer even said he was going to give it a great review but...
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

I hear it has werewolf dicks

for some reason that is the most appealing thing I've heard about that game
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I don't remember werewolf dicks, but the werewolves are also only in the game for like half a minute before the writers somehow forget them.

I really wanted to like the game because everything about the premise of the story and the setting sounded appealing to me, but yeah... the criticisms are pretty much all accurate. And I took it upon myself to actually finish it, for some reason, so I did see what little redeeming qualities it had.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

breath of the wild is awesome
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Geeheeb wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 1:36 am breath of the wild is awesome
Yeah, well, it's pretty bunk that you can't have two different save profiles. The half-pint has been playing it for a while, so I told him I'd play it in July when the family goes to Greece a little bit before I join them. He then pleaded he didn't want me to overwrite his game. I didn't realize. All the other Zelda's have like three different save profiles, right?

Maybe if he's super good I'll buy him a Switch and set it up while they're away... and then I'll play the superior version of the game. So, what other games are available or will be by August. Mario? Let's see...

NOT A GODDAMN THING! Fucking Nintendo.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

You can have different save profiles, you need to choose your Mii before opening the game and you'll have your own save
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

Switch handles this better than Wii U does. Every profile gets their own save list and you get the option to select yours when you start the game. Doesn't hurt that it's way higher res and has a much better framerate.

The OS on the thing is barebones as fuck but what's there is fast and functional. Being able to enter the shop and download a game at an actually decent speed while playing another with the patches preinstalled is kind of great compared to how PS4 handles it.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:awesome:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Lol! Gonna have to play some more Siege, so good
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I swear I'm pouring all the hours into Mass Effect and I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. All the missions are on hold. I guess I should just blast through the main missions, but I hate having all this stuff in my Journals. Also, Cora called me out on flirting with the blue bitch. I hope I didn't mess up.

And that's kind of it. Prey got patched, but I'm not ready for that. My whole PS2 thing has died off. I'm guessing the summer when everyone is away will be when I get to that. I don't know.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Picked up The Surge because I really need a new game when I was whining the last page about not wanting to play anything. $38 at launch was too good to pass up. I only got to play about 15 mins before quitting but it's already leaps and bounds better than Lords of the Fallen.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

The Bill wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 8:23 am I swear I'm pouring all the hours into Mass Effect and I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. All the missions are on hold. I guess I should just blast through the main missions, but I hate having all this stuff in my Journals. Also, Cora called me out on flirting with the blue bitch. I hope I didn't mess up.

And that's kind of it. Prey got patched, but I'm not ready for that. My whole PS2 thing has died off. I'm guessing the summer when everyone is away will be when I get to that. I don't know.
I'd just bail on Andromeda man. There's no story and I can't even remember what the ending was, just that I know my dialogue choices made throughout the game amounted to jack shit. All those tasks in the journal are cut rate mmo quests that they seemingly doubled down on after Inquisition, which is what no one wanted. I tried looking past the obvious up front bugs and shitty design but past that you just have nothing characters spouting terrible writing with functional combat that never gets any more interesting or involved. It's lamer than DA2 and I hope the series is dead in the water if this is the best they could muster.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Comrade Slinky wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 8:41 am I'd just bail on Andromeda man.
There's no way I'm giving up on getting laid at this point. But, yeah, I'm done with all those busy missions. I threw some big cash my way via a trainer to make up for not doing all that jazz, and I'll just buy minerals as I go. So, I'm only going to do main and loyalty missions. I've wasted too much time, especially on that damn ice planet.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Bill wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 8:23 am I swear I'm pouring all the hours into Mass Effect and I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. All the missions are on hold.
Well, I'll be damned. It seems that when I wrote this I never looked up my journal, because whatever I had done last, unlocked a ton of stuff. Cora hugged me. Have I been space friend zoned? And where the fuck is my sister? Didn't I spend 20 minutes redesigning her on the chance from hell I could bang her. Game's biggest problem is the back and forth. Planet side and galactic travel. I wish they never did this open world shit, and just had a hub and scripted missions like ME2.

Anyone ever try the PS4 Virtual Reality? I'm not saying I'm getting it, but I was on the toilet and it just sort of popped in my head that when the family is away I could play it without fear of someone fucking with me while I've got that thing strapped to my head. I thought DOOM and Fallout 4 were supposed to be VR, but I don't see that. RE7 would be cool, and I hear Farpoint is done right. Of course, if I have to use those Sony move controllers I'm never going to bother.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Ba Ha Ha Ha
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

at least in the halo games you could justify the lack of variance in the enemies and the weapons etc because the first one had a story where people wanted to know where it was going..? but wow. still 30 fps on both consoles too

bungie is amazing :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

I'm gonna buy it on pc because I'm a dumbass but yeah I'm not sure who they're trying to fool with that shit

I love how they spent like 10 minutes explaining that there are "lore" reasons why you have to start from scratch too :lol: