The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

I think I'm getting to the end of Red Faction. The later part of the game is kind of annoying. Especially since it has one hit and you're dead enemies. Real good thing it uses quick saves. Not sure what I'll try next. Should stick with K/M only games since I'm set-up nice. Maybe give NOLF2 a re-shot for the 9th time.

VR is pretty much dominating my attention, although I haven't played too much since before July 4th. One of my favorite things is a shark tank "experience" that not even a game, more of a Disney ride. RE7 is just amazing and might now be GOTY just because of the VR.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Beat Red Faction. Game started strong enough, but end rather poorly. Endless boring tunnels with powerful guys that just get funneled in and killed, one of the moss forgettable boss fights, and then some timed randomly generated button pushing sequence that I failed 8 times. Horrible! Glad I finally beat it, and I shall never play it again.

I'm going to have a co-worker pick my next game just by naming random things and they'll choice based on that BRB, bub.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Jesus Christ, I gave a girl from Korea a list of words and told her to just pick one, and she agonized over her choice for like 20 minutes before picking the word associated with Legendary. Yes, Legendary, the one with the werewolves and griffins and monsters. Remember playing the 360 demo and liking it at the time (also had a Half-Life clone vibe), but reviews for the retail version just eviscerated it. I can't remember when I got the Steam version, but I'm positive I spent a whooping 99 cents American on it.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

shadow of mordor game of the year for 4 bucks is the best money i've spent in a year
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I've been having that for God knows how long and still haven't played it

Maybe it's finally time
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i kinda hate the assassins creed games and whats become of third person stealthy stuff but this is more in the batman realm of combat juggling. you're not invincible. it kinda always appeared that way to me before playing. also this is the first time in i dont know how long where the first 1+ hour of the game didnt make me want to walk in front of a bus. once you start getting killed by chieftain characters and developing relationships to the various bad guys its amazing how satisfying it is to merc them .especially exacting specific revenge against a dude who has crushed and taunted you 5 times in embarrassing fashion is incredible. a very rare achievement imo. i've been screaming "GET WRECKED MOTHERFUCKER" at my tv all day. there's probably one too many systems in the game that maybe dont need to be there and i havent dipped into the story as much but yeah. as long as it doesnt end up a snoozy over powered invincble god of murder sim im very impressed by it
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

THUMPER on a high-end PC = so fucking fun

sorry if I'm late...
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Legendary has controller support, so I'll skip it for now. Started STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl. I started this two times many years ago when I didn't play FPS that weren't linear. I didn't like it then, but I had a different mind set. As of now I love it. I can't run it at 4K because the HUD and text shrink to nothing, but 1080p with AA and everything jacked up is just fine. It pretends to be open world, but I can tell it's not really. Very glad I did this. I am using a mod that increases my carry limit, though. Hate limited carry weight in savaging games.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

So, after a rather mild winter, spring, and early summer, the weather woke up and decided to lambast me with The Heats! Too hot for that PS4VR headset. And the weather is putting me in a mood, so Stalker's proclivity for non-stop backtracking with no fast travel plus the mouse and keyboard having real lag in this game means I'm done. I'm not failing Stalker like I'm not failing that Ghost Sniper 3 game, I think it does things well, but there's issues and it's padded in a way that I'm not feeling.

Restarted Metro 2033, because I was digging Stalker in ways, so maybe a more streamlined version is in order. Magnificent at 4K. Those textures! Unfortunately, I let a massively huge tit'ed women swindled me out of my doe, so I threw I fit and quite the game. I'm not done, of course.

I installed Castlevania: Lord of Shadows, as I'm getting worn out on shooting things. Brilliant at 4K. I think I should play this after Metro 2033, and call the Summer of FPS over before it overstays it's welcome.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

But what's THIS? Through out the day the name "Gordon" keeps popping up. From seeing it on a Coca-Cola bottle, to two different clients at my job having the name, to Flash Gordon randomly playing on the iPod. Then there's my post in the Chad's Wolfenstein thread. A sign, one would say. I never did play HL2 with the Cinematic Mod. Hmm.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Metro 2033 Redux is the best first person shooter that I've played since last year's DOOM reboot. I am happy and that is all.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

i'm thinking it'll only have that title until the new Wolfenstein comes out...

i've been in a dark place. i've put over 120 fucking hours into Stardew Valley, just harvesting crops over and over. i don't know if the game is GOOD or if this sort of game is just new to me.

anyway, i've broken the spell and ordered PERSONA 5. it's time to get back into real gaming and not counting my goddamn parsnips all day.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Shadow of Mordor was fantastic. Hoping they don't fuck it up with Shadow of War.

Anyone else been playing PUBG? FUN!(?)
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Beat Metro 2033 Redux. Maybe it throws too many monster at you from time to time, and the Librarians are too damn stressful, but that's nitpicking. Really great. If I wasn't leaving for vacation soon I'd start Last Light. I don't know. May play Ryse Son of Rome because it supposedly very short.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Mitch Jr., enjoying the hell out of the new Pikmin game for his DS...
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Started Metro Last Light Redux, instead. As far as sequels go, it has excellent continuity. It pretty much is more of the same, with better graphics, but who cares when the original was so good. For a few months now I've been search the world for a FPS that would quell the depression all those damn open world games gave me. I've swam through PS2 games, I've flown through old keyboard/mouse only PC games. The two Metro games have really been the cure I searched for.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

still playing Overwatch, had so much fun playing as Winston lately...I usually only play these games if I'm fucked up...so...

A) winston's weapon needs no real aim. kill people just by frontal coning them and chasing
B) leap far away every 6 sec. if you constantly play drunk/stupid, you have an ''out''...I bound it to right mouse
C) ultimate is a maniacally fun game-changer. regrettably low dmg, but knocks fuckers away while pissing them off

you really get to prowl around like a crazed ape
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvmdRTk3B9A

i got this yesterday and while it looks neat and has a badass soundtrack (done by dude from celtic frost) its so fucking ridiculously hard. ive beaten one boss so far and earned a trophy for dying 100 times already. sure is cool though
formerly ghost boner
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Completely hooked on Path of Exile. Diablo 3 is great but this is a whole other level of deptg. The skill tree is glorious. Xbone dudes should check out the beta because a massive expansion is coming out in 2 days.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Due to not starting anything til I finished enough of Horizon to fee done - I just finished RE7 and ... well that was the easiest RE game of the lot surely.

If I can beat the final boss without dying or using a health pack - that's too easy... right?

I played on the default difficulty...weird...
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Wang Mandu wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:32 am Completely hooked on Path of Exile. Diablo 3 is great but this is a whole other level of deptg. The skill tree is glorious. Xbone dudes should check out the beta because a massive expansion is coming out in 2 days.
yeah man. cant wait to buy that and pillars of eternity for my console and then just sorta stare at them for the next two years

i had my first taste of diablo style enjoyment only recently and im excited for path of exile
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

FVBTVS wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:15 am
Wang Mandu wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:32 am Completely hooked on Path of Exile. Diablo 3 is great but this is a whole other level of deptg. The skill tree is glorious. Xbone dudes should check out the beta because a massive expansion is coming out in 2 days.
yeah man. cant wait to buy that and pillars of eternity for my console and then just sorta stare at them for the next two years

i had my first taste of diablo style enjoyment only recently and im excited for path of exile
Buy POE? It's free to play but I'd recommend buying some stash tabs if the game gets it's claws in you.

I think Diablo feels better to play and has more bells and whistles because Blizzard has a fuckton of money but POE is something else. The build variety is nuts. Right now I'm playing a Marauder/Berserker who slams poison earthquakes and casts an exploding fire shield when I take damage. I mean, look at this thing.

BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Back from vacation, and beat Metro Last Light Redux fairly quickly. Except for some levels that have a rather confusing lay out it was great. I sort of miss the series already. There's a 3rd coming out in 2018, but I believe it to be open world :?

While in Greece, one of the few times I had internet access, some Facebook ad for Hellblade: Something Something popped up. I bought it after having two crafts of red table wine. It's the story of Baley from WWE fresh out of Burning man and she's still tripping out. Amazing looking, yet not elaborate. Combat feels brutal and heavy, but it's as simple as it gets in 2017. Story and presentation has my full attention, but the puzzles blow and bore me. So, a mixed bag. Honestly, if it wasn't so damn good looking I might not be playing it, but I need to palate cleanser after all the FPS'ing. Plus, I bought it, so I should play it.

I had grand ideas before I went away, like Castlevania: Lord of Shadows and other stuff, but now that I'm back and in a different mind set, I don't know what I'm going to do.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

i gave up my tv last december so i havent been gaming. I thought about getting a cheap computer monitor to play my ps4 on but that new far cry doesnt come out until february. WHAT THE FUCK