The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by FVBTVS »

Ray wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:40 pm I hadn't fired up Battlefield 4 on PC in forever, but my brother was playing so I joined his server. He was playing in a random squad, with... BattletweeteR. He still wants koward kunt Kevin Kitchel to unban him.
:awesome:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Jesus Christ

Wrecking tweeter in bf4 must be so satisfying
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

I believe I did shoot him in the head
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Metroid: Samus Returns just came out for 3DS. It's damn good.
ImageImageImage
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

If anyone's curious about how to enjoy playing games again or anything else for thst matter just live without electricity for 10 days and sleep in 90 degree weather every night, take cold showers 3 times a day and eat nothing but protein bars and warm water

Witcher 3 is so beautiful i could cry
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

<3
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

:tup: :tup:
formerly ghost boner
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I'm right there at the very end of the game (Horizon). Walk-through says I'm moments before the final battle. But I stopped because I was getting too tired last night.

I bought Gears of War 4 PC version because it was on sale. The download was something like 120GB :shock: Goddamn, this game had better be polished to shit and gorgeous.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Beat Horizon. Ending goes for the "feels" but only gave me the "farts". Not sure why the final boss is Metal Gear and not a Dinobot, but whatever.

Tried to throw a monkey wrench into the universe and play Way of the Samurai 4. Game tells me to press LB to unsheathe my sword and NOTHING. No unsheathing. Maybe it was bound wrong in settings, but I drank beer and had no patience, DELETED!

Uncharted: I Have No Idea What the Subtitle is Called. Oh boy. Jumping and climbing on stupid shit only to climb some more. Zzz! Also, and this is probably racists, but the game revolves around Indian Mythology. I love me some ancient mythologies, but it occurs to me I have never given a shit about Shiva and the rest of the Hindu fable. Temple of Doom is my max, so the grand quest for Vishnu's tusk is pretty much as interesting as if it was an adventure to find a half off coupon for Bed Bath and Beyond. Not deleted, but not interested.

Gears of War 4. For 120 GB this game should be better looking. I've got this thing running at 4K with all Ultra settings, and I'm thinking PS4's Uncharted and Horizon are better looking. Made it like 5 minutes when I decided I just don't want to play this meathead shit right now.

Prey. The controller wasn't working at all, even though it once did. *Sigh!* This one I did look up a solution to and it turn out I need to activate a controller option in Steam's Big Picture mod. ??? Turns out turning on that option on fucks with other PC games.

God damn, pal! Do I give up? I think I give up.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Bill wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:27 am This one I did look up a solution to and it turn out I need to activate a controller option in Steam's Big Picture mod. ???

Nope, that didn't actually fix it either. Had to download a third party fix and then fuck around with 5 different Steam settings to get it to work. Why? WHY? It had full Xbox controller support upon release. They actually disabled it in an update. WHY? Did this happen with all Arkane or Bethesda PC games? Fucking stupid!
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I’ve had four cracks at getting into Prey and I just cant
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

doomeddisciple wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:43 am I’ve had four cracks at getting into Prey and I just cant
I've almost started it about as many times. I think I'll give Gears of War 4 another try first. I mean, it's 120 GBs of space just being taken up. Play it or delete it.

Kids wanted to see if they could play co-op with Kirby: Return to Dreamland (Wii game on the PC, with Dolphin Emulator). Shit, yeah, that was easy to set up. Then it got me thinking, one of the better times I had with games this year, was playing those Gamecube/Wii games at the 4K with them Xbox One controllers. Still haven't really played and beaten Metriod Prime and Super Mario Galaxy. And when will I ever finish No One Lives forever 2, goddamnit!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

One of the selling points of Gears of War (back in the day) was its brutal, bloody, gory combat. My God, the introduction of the chainsaw attachment in part 2 was bad fucking ass. So, what do we do with part 4? Fight some robots and robot... balls.

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzjuQ3K72u4

i just watched about an hour of this and ive been laughing so hard my body hurts
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Is there gameplay video somewhere or just that trailer over and over ?!

Would totally watch a longplay
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I'm two minutes in and I'm already like "just give me the damn controller you suck"
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

I couldn't return Prey so I just got a cheater thing for it and played through it as quick as possible. I'm almost done with it right now, but it's not a good game. There's some stuff to like about it, but this game is fucking boring and difficult. Especially so considering what the Prey reboot looked like BEFORE

https://youtu.be/BPkHZfjK5z4
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

delmuerte wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:33 pm I couldn't return Prey so I just got a cheater thing for it and played through it as quick as possible. I'm almost done with it right now, but it's not a good game. There's some stuff to like about it, but this game is fucking boring and difficult.
Great. Now what should I start today? Don't want to jump around on shit as a hipster chick, don't want to shoot robots behind cover has a meathead jock. Meh! I'll just start Prey. I mean, I've read multiple comparisons to System Shock and I like... Bioshock *runs away*
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

It's VERY Bioshock-y, for sure. Similar vibe. I didn't really like the original Bioshock, either.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I’ve been playing the new BF 1 maps. Really like them, Somme hectic battles
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

PREY. Hmm? It means well, and it starts strong. Problem is those mimic things lose their scary and become annoying. I also have zero patience for the Deus Ex style of leveling up. Games just like this piss me the fuck off with it's "on no you can't hack, you put a skill into carrying more weight instead" and if you start putting points into something different the whole build goes to shit. What games do this? System Shock, Deus Ex, Vampire the Masquerade, Alpha Protocol... these are the game that developers think they're being so damn cute with "there are multiple ways to enter the room, hack, lock pick, use the vent, talk to a hooker..." I don't know. I've never enjoyed having options to do things (play mechanics?) dangled in front of my face and then told that I can't partake because I choose to be able to load an extra bullet in the chamber instead. I'm sure it's just pet-peeve type waize, as these games tend to be universally praised, but I don't like it, no sir! You know what I do with games like this in my old? I throw a trainer at it and level up anything I want, and then I'm overpowered and the game possibly becomes boring. And that's what I did with Prey.

Some dude I sort of, kind of know on the Facebook does an annual Halloween media count down, which includes games. I want an annual Halloween game count down thing which I'll never finish. So, I went through steam and found 4 spooky games I've never played and 1 I haven't since before electricity:

1. Aliens vs Predator (2000). Colonial Marines campaign only. Has controller support and runs at 4K. Wow, nice job keeping the game up to date and compatible with modern PCs.
2. Betrayer. I think this is a Dark Souls meets First Person thing, where you can make the graphics all black & white except for red. Game gives me the creeps for some reason.
3. Layer of Fear. Why are the controls like motion control when it isn't VR or Wii? What do I do? I'm a little confused.
4. The Evil Within. I'm going to end up using a trainer to give me unlimited matches, aren't I?
5. Zombie Army Trilogy. Sniper Elite spin off DLC collection. Can I x-ray shoot zombies in the nuts?

My boy wants me to play Betrayer or Layers of Fear first, but I will try to beat PREY as the current project, which all means I'll probably never get to the 5 games before I'm distracted by something else. New Shadows of Mordor is out next week, huh?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Total War: Warhammer II rules. I've got an army of ratmen and we're slowly taking over the entire world by throwing meat shield units to hold the line while my green poison artillery death squad wreaks havok. Look at these fucking units. In a few weeks, we'll be getting a patch that merges the first games races and map with the second game so it's going to be massive. Dooooooomwheel!

BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

...Prey is awful. Deleted.

Okay, it's not awful, but it's annoying and boring. Pass!

The Evil Within. I was actually digging this. Then I went to play two days later and the game keeps resizing the screen so it only fits in the top left corner of the TV screen. Can't fix it. So, I deleted it, but reinstalled it. Haven't checked to see if it's working yet. I hope it works. Of strange coincidence, when I started the game for the first time Steam let me know that a sequel is due out any day now. I had no idea.

Dying Light. It started out well enough, but I absolutely hate all the parkour and jumping on things. I died during the first mission because no matter what I did, dude could not jump onto a platform properly. He over jumps, under jumps, or falls right off it after I nailed the landing. If that's just the first mission, well, no thanks, pal. Deleted.

Far Cry 4. Enough time has passed and I went back in. Open world isn't tedious to me right now, and I enjoy it.
Eight Bit Alien
HATE RIDING BIKE...PULL ME.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

The Android port of ScummVM is one of the greatest gifts Sweet Lord Technology has ever granted us.

I spent over an hour last night trying to pick up a shovel.

Every time I clicked the shovel my little dude would run into the desert and his zeppelin would explode, and a supercomputer would torture his consciousness for hundreds of years.

I only slept 3.5 hours last night.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7