The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
OH LAWD!

Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:02 pm

I have a group of best freinds IRL who are all mutually into the competitive fighting game scene. They all take Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat super seriously and go to tournaments, build their own special controllers, and follow the careers of pro players, etc.

It's completely sucked the joy out of fighting games for me for the time being, even though that trailer looks AWESOME I'm too PTSD'd and timid to try the game :lol:
canon.docre wrote:I will not be seduced by the cheap showiness of nature.
FVBTVS wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:58 am
tried to make an ideal wife. she had a burn in the center of her forehead..
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:16 pm

FVBTVS wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:09 pm
i'm afraid i'm getting into minecraft
My boy tried to get me to give it a serious go a few months ago. Just too much resource grinding for me to dig it.

Been playing Wind Waker all emulated at 4K and such. Have to tell you, being able to speed up the game to 150% while sailing around is a godsend. Also, quick saves in the dungeons is a wonder.

Playing a GameCube game got me all nostalgic so I reinstalled the PS1, PS2, N64, SNES, and NES
Emulators and a bunch of games. Should I finally beat Blaster Master?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:16 pm

After playing Conan Exiles for the PSN game of April, the technical issues plaguing Days Gone reviews just haven’t bothered me one bit yet.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:06 am

Eight Bit Alien wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:02 pm
I have a group of best freinds IRL who are all mutually into the competitive fighting game scene. They all take Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat super seriously and go to tournaments, build their own special controllers, and follow the careers of pro players, etc.

It's completely sucked the joy out of fighting games for me for the time being, even though that trailer looks AWESOME I'm too PTSD'd and timid to try the game :lol:
Meh. I gave up on being competitive online at games a long time ago. With fighting games especially it's just insane. I played one of the Tekkens online for a while and I was just happy if I didn't get juggled to death one in ten matches. There's a few things I'm ok at - Dark Souls, obviously, and this mobile game called Realm War that for some reason I was a total world-beater at, but usually I either don't play or I just live with the fact that I'll suck. Especially fighting games. I'd rather bask in fond memories like the one time I was playing Mortal Kombat at the arcade and this kid who thought I was some kind of scrub challenged me and ended up having to leave because he was all out of change and hadn't won a single game.

The new Mortal Kombat looks really cool, but there's a good bit of controversy because of the microtransactions involved, and all the reviews I've seen somehow seem to specifically ignore that because they've probably been asked to, so I wanted some real opinions.

Then again, it'll probably be another month until I can kick this Sekiro addiction. I'm three playthroughs in and I can't stop playing.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
beautiful distorted postblazing

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:01 am

What was that other recent Dark Souls clone samurai game ? Saw it was on sale recently but seem to remember the overwhelming response was a resounding meh
NO WUM CAM BEEP MAYYG BUX

HUG TERROR SQUAD FOREVER
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:05 am

riley-o wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:01 am
What was that other recent Dark Souls clone samurai game ? Saw it was on sale recently but seem to remember the overwhelming response was a resounding meh
Nioh? I was really excited about that one and then totally lost interest after a few hours. You need to man up and play Sekiro already.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Thu May 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Platinum'd Sekiro today. Now I think I'm going back to the PC version and doing the rest of the Steam achievements. I'm almost done anyway, and the game is so, so much nicer on PC.
Chad
need...miss...want...

Thu May 23, 2019 9:15 am

Mordhau is fun as fuck. goofy on the surface and that adds to the appeal...but the combat is difficult and nuanced, and sometimes infuriating

Ive been playing the shit out of it...my dude has a bowl cut, rollie fingers stache, robin hood cap, and what looks like yellow sweatpants. No shirt...

Im not overly proud of where my life is
FVBTVS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Thu May 23, 2019 11:13 am

i want to play mordhau!!!
Chad wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm
cool dudes like us