The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by spacehamster »

but i dnot want 2 paly woke gamz

*strokes neckbeard*
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Much like “Dark Souls-like”, I’m sick to death of scouring crap to craft something. So, I’ll skip LOU 2 till a big sale or such.

Had to delete Bats Asylum because the game seriously glitched out and check point saved right as it happens so I’m fucked. Couldn’t find any old save or revert option on the internet. I’m not restarting it. Too damn bad! Started Bats Arkham Origins instead.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:11 am Much like “Dark Souls-like”, I’m sick to death of scouring crap to craft something. So, I’ll skip LOU 2 till a big sale or such.
I really liked the first one despite its Naughty Dog-itis, but it was also one of those "candy" games that you just binge on for a few days and then completely forget about afterwards. I honestly couldn't tell you a thing anymore that happens in it, I just remember I really enjoyed it. I dunno. I kinda feel like if I buy this now I'll play it for four hours and then never finish it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

UPDATE

Killing Sif still feels absolutely horrible
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

riley-o wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:17 pm UPDATE

Killing Sif still feels absolutely horrible
Oh, yeah. That’s another thing about Last of Us 2. I literally just finished watching an episode of Ripper Street on Netflix where a doggo had to be put down. Now I’m bummed out. And I’ve heard things about things in a thing. No thanks.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

spacehamster wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:22 am but i dnot want 2 paly woke gamz

*strokes neckbeard*
There’s a petition out there for you, it’s spoiler packed so don’t click on it if you care.

https://www.change.org/p/sony-remake-th ... _dashboard

Bill - the only movies I cried in my whole life involves dogs dying.

This is handled such that it is not going to worry you at all.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

doomeddisciple wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:15 am
There’s a petition out there for you
Ugh, no thanks... I already hate "gamers" enough as it is. And let me guess, the petition was put online before the game even came out, and it's based on a few previews (written by games journalists who are otherwise not to be trusted, of course) and Youtube videos?

:barf
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

https://youtu.be/uknbEuSc7oc

Is Sega just completely fucking retarded now?
Ill body
/
Ill will
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

They have been since they released the 32X and the Saturn basically at the same time. Along with that idiotically small Game Gear thing they announced that they were going to use arcade cabs in game centres as servers or something, an idea that was ridiculed universally. From what I've read, Sega's golden age staff is long gone, so it's more like the corpse of a once glorious company...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:31 am
doomeddisciple wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:15 am
There’s a petition out there for you
Ugh, no thanks... I already hate "gamers" enough as it is. And let me guess, the petition was put online before the game even came out, and it's based on a few previews (written by games journalists who are otherwise not to be trusted, of course) and Youtube videos?

:barf
That whole site is the worst collection of whiny alts (left, right, and upside-down). As far as the game’s petition it seems like a post release bitch about a clip from the trailer not being the truth. The people supporting this petition best stay far away from pro-wrestling as I’d imagine their favorite wrestler turning “bad guy” would drive their fragile minds to suicide.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

THE KILL wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:01 pm They have been since they released the 32X and the Saturn basically at the same time. Along with that idiotically small Game Gear thing they announced that they were going to use arcade cabs in game centres as servers or something, an idea that was ridiculed universally. From what I've read, Sega's golden age staff is long gone, so it's more like the corpse of a once glorious company...
The Saturn was dope / an anomaly perhaps, but a dope one.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

doomeddisciple wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:27 am
THE KILL wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:01 pm They have been since they released the 32X and the Saturn basically at the same time. Along with that idiotically small Game Gear thing they announced that they were going to use arcade cabs in game centres as servers or something, an idea that was ridiculed universally. From what I've read, Sega's golden age staff is long gone, so it's more like the corpse of a once glorious company...
The Saturn was dope / an anomaly perhaps, but a dope one.
Yeah I guess, although it heavily depended on what genres you were into? I've never owned one. It could have had a lot more games/ been a lot more popular with developers though if its complex architecture had been more accessible or if Sega had made more of an effort to make it easier for developers to understand the Saturn's architecture.

One of these days I will have to get one; which games did you have/ can you recommend?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wasn’t the Saturn just like a weaker Playstation type console that mostly did arcade ports and Prius-Dragoon? Sure, it was better than the Jaguar or 3DO, but isn’t “dope” a bit of an exaggeration here.

I pondered getting a Neo Geo and Turbografix 16 mini but honestly I’d just rather emulate any of that stuff on the PC vs spending the money and having more junk around hogging up HDMI ports.

The year is about half over already and I don’t believe I’ve played a bad game, yet. This is totally unlike me so after Bats is done I might try that Rage 2.

(So the board edits P A N Z E R into Prius... okay)
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

The Bill wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:17 am Wasn’t the Saturn just like a weaker Playstation type console that mostly did arcade ports and Prius-Dragoon?
The argument I usually hear is it was stronger, but also much harder to program for. Its superior 2D capabilities made it well suited to the many pixel graphics arcade games of the late nineties; if you were a fan of arcade games, I guess there was no better console to own at the time. (Apart from the Neo Geo, depending on whether you preferred to down shooters or fighting games, and the NG was of course retardedly expensive. I owned a Neo Geo CD in the nineties; it was worth it just for Samurai Shodown 2 and Pulstar.)
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I have foggy long dormant memories of borrowing my brothers for a few months and playing RE: Code Veronica on it - I feel graphically it was a bit sexier than PS2 at the time and the arcade ports like Crazy Taxi were a shitload of fun. It had that whacky little joystick loaded memory card with a small screen on it and a boot disc to allow the playing of pirated games.

In summation my admittedly rose coloured glasses memory of the console had me resting on an experience I would comfortably apply a label of ‘dope’ against.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

No way Saturn had better graphics than the PS2. Are you confusing it with the Dreamcast?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

The Bill wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:25 am No way Saturn had better graphics than the PS2. Are you confusing it with the Dreamcast?

Fuck - yes I am....I withdraw from the video game thread in shame - I can’t believe I made that error - I feel like the meatgrease of the game thread now
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

doomeddisciple wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:31 pm
The Bill wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:25 am No way Saturn had better graphics than the PS2. Are you confusing it with the Dreamcast?

Fuck - yes I am....I withdraw from the video game thread in shame - I can’t believe I made that error - I feel like the meatgrease of the game thread now
Ha! It’s all good, brother. It’s not like you’re saying “Chun Li shouldn’t be in video games because women and asians don’t like Trump!”. You a are not even close to a Meat or a Grease. Not even a greasy meat.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

:lol:
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I am playing Control - is it just me or is it pretty painful to navigate around once you’re a few levels in?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

doomeddisciple wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:54 pm I am playing Control - is it just me or is it pretty painful to navigate around once you’re a few levels in?
I’m waiting for a future PC before I play that. I want to see the RTX graphics. I never played the game those guys made before it, either. The one after Alan Wake. I think it has real life cutscene footage or some such.

Beat both Bats Origins and City. I may redo Red Dead 2 next.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Steam had Gears 5 at half price, so I bought it. I'm not sure why. I mean, it's pretty and all, but I couldn't even get through the first one and I haven't played a single Gears game since.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:54 pm Steam had Gears 5 at half price, so I bought it. I'm not sure why. I mean, it's pretty and all, but I couldn't even get through the first one and I haven't played a single Gears game since.
Yeah, I think I bought it pretty cheap during the Fall sale (maybe the Christmas, actually). I got to the beginning of the open world part then deleted it. Yes, very very pretty. Yes, very very boring. Talk about redundant combat.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I am in the process of learning how to make my own NES games. I have a working proof of concept. I am very happy. Soon a tiny reee game is quite likely. Will probably make a dedicated thread.

I am setting the example. What I've done is going to be puzzled over and studied and followed... forever
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:44 am I am in the process of learning how to make my own NES games. I have a working proof of concept. I am very happy. Soon a tiny reee game is quite likely. Will probably make a dedicated thread.

I am setting the example. What I've done is going to be puzzled over and studied and followed... forever
I want 8-bit blood and boobs and bloody boobs. Then sell the rights to LJN.