Breaking Bad on AMC

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Post Reply
User avatar
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?
Posts: 3278
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:58 am

Tue May 19, 2009 11:34 pm

Anyone else watch this? I think this is easily the best drama series since the early days of Sopranos and Oz. Who knew AMC's original programming would put current HBO and SHO to shame?

In case anyone interested in checking it out, here's the premise:
A physics teacher, with a wife and handicapped kid, finds out he has cancer and most likely 6-8 months to live. He decides to hook up with a druggie ex student and go into business cooking and selling meth to make cash for his treatments, and his family. Since he's an expert physisist, his meth is super pure, and he becomes an underground phenomenon in the drug world. His brother in law works Narcotics, and is on his trail. It goes from there.

Super addictive show. Me and the wife stayed up til like 5am the other night watching episode after episode that we had taped. I think it's still in the second season now. Check it out.

Image
User avatar
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Posts: 13943
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:14 am

Tue May 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Stormy wrote:Anyone else watch this? I think this is easily the best drama series since the early days of Sopranos and Oz.
Image
Sopranos and Oz aren't even in the same stratosphere as The Wire. Heard good things about Breaking Bad but never checked it out. Will do.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
User avatar
Masochrism
I hate your life.
Posts: 4326
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Tue May 19, 2009 11:45 pm

I've been meaning to watch it from the beginning, but the first episode I've ever caught was the new one on monday night. Naturally i was a little in the dark but i can't wait to get going from the beginning.
User avatar
riley-o
beautiful distorted postblazing
Posts: 38693
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Inside Crystal Mouvntain
Contact:

Tue May 19, 2009 11:52 pm

it's not even fair to compare shows to the wire. that shit was an event, a happening.
NO WUM CAM BEEP MAYYG BUX

HUG TERROR SQUAD FOREVER
User avatar
Wolfey
Map, Monitor, Surge
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:26 pm

Wed May 20, 2009 12:03 am

Missed the season premiere, so I haven't watched it because of that. Loved the first season, so I'm definitely gonna check this one out eventually. Cranston rules.
User avatar
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?
Posts: 3278
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:58 am

Wed May 20, 2009 12:11 am

I haven't watched The Wire past the first season, so i can't put it up against that show. It really is the most engaging show i've seen in very long time though. On par with Sopranos/Oz, better than Dexter/anything else current.
User avatar
Jack Mort
O.G-Had
Posts: 4318
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:16 am
Location: Cascadian Wolves Lair
Contact:

Wed May 20, 2009 12:18 am

Great show, will be interesting to see how the season finale. Bob Odenkirk has killed these past few episodes.
T3HGCKa

http://www.last.fm/user/NxTx
soiled depends wrote:her mom sounds like miss piggy choking on a huge juicy cock...
User avatar
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?
Posts: 3278
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:58 am

Wed May 20, 2009 12:20 am

Jack Mort wrote:Great show, will be interesting to see how the season finale. Bob Odenkirk has killed these past few episodes.
I didn't realize Bob Odenkirk makes an appearance, i'm about halfway though season 2. Unless you're talking about writing?
User avatar
Jack Mort
O.G-Had
Posts: 4318
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:16 am
Location: Cascadian Wolves Lair
Contact:

Wed May 20, 2009 12:28 am

Oops, well he has a minor role.
T3HGCKa

http://www.last.fm/user/NxTx
soiled depends wrote:her mom sounds like miss piggy choking on a huge juicy cock...
User avatar
altars of radness
Olde Timer
Posts: 5656
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:36 pm
Location: Fake Asia

Wed May 20, 2009 1:02 am

I really like it. I started watching it soon after finishing season 5 of the Wire, so it took an episode and a half for me to come down and enjoy it without comparing the two, which is a comparison no show can survive. Without Bryan Cranston doing the kickass job he's been doing, I think it would be only ok. The other characters are nowhere near as interesting and the actors don't really bring it in the same way Cranston does, but it's a good fucking show nonetheless.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
User avatar
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?
Posts: 3278
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:58 am

Wed May 20, 2009 1:28 am

altars of radness wrote:I really like it. I started watching it soon after finishing season 5 of the Wire, so it took an episode and a half for me to come down and enjoy it without comparing the two, which is a comparison no show can survive. Without Bryan Cranston doing the kickass job he's been doing, I think it would be only ok. The other characters are nowhere near as interesting and the actors don't really bring it in the same way Cranston does, but it's a good fucking show nonetheless.
I think the actors who portray Jessie Pinkman and the brother in law, Hank are excellent as well. The wife is annoying, but far from a bad actress. Cranston is great, but saying it would suck without him is a bit of a stretch. Really, the casting is perfect for this show, right down to Skinny Pete.
User avatar
altars of radness
Olde Timer
Posts: 5656
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:36 pm
Location: Fake Asia

Wed May 20, 2009 4:20 am

Stormy wrote:
altars of radness wrote:I really like it. I started watching it soon after finishing season 5 of the Wire, so it took an episode and a half for me to come down and enjoy it without comparing the two, which is a comparison no show can survive. Without Bryan Cranston doing the kickass job he's been doing, I think it would be only ok. The other characters are nowhere near as interesting and the actors don't really bring it in the same way Cranston does, but it's a good fucking show nonetheless.
I think the actors who portray Jessie Pinkman and the brother in law, Hank are excellent as well. The wife is annoying, but far from a bad actress. Cranston is great, but saying it would suck without him is a bit of a stretch. Really, the casting is perfect for this show, right down to Skinny Pete.
I didn't say it would suck without him. I said it would be only ok without him. I think they could have gotten a better brother-in-law, too.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
User avatar
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Posts: 11333
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Piss Wash Gully

Wed May 20, 2009 4:24 am

Stormy wrote:Dexter
:?
featherboa
Olde Timer
Posts: 5703
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Wed May 20, 2009 11:15 am

I hate how they always make doofus drug selling mistakes that the kids on the Wire would never make. I like the show.
let's overturn these tables disconnect these cables
This place don't make sense to me no more
copstache wrote: i cut my hand at work and just let it drip on my desk during a conference call
FVBTVS wrote:probably some punk broth
dames are lousy now mah i gotta bop peckahs
Parachute

Wed May 20, 2009 11:18 am

Stormy wrote:
altars of radness wrote:I really like it. I started watching it soon after finishing season 5 of the Wire, so it took an episode and a half for me to come down and enjoy it without comparing the two, which is a comparison no show can survive. Without Bryan Cranston doing the kickass job he's been doing, I think it would be only ok. The other characters are nowhere near as interesting and the actors don't really bring it in the same way Cranston does, but it's a good fucking show nonetheless.
I think the actors who portray Jessie Pinkman and the brother in law, Hank are excellent as well. The wife is annoying, but far from a bad actress. Cranston is great, but saying it would suck without him is a bit of a stretch. Really, the casting is perfect for this show, right down to Skinny Pete.
I love everything about this show, especially Hank. He definitely needs to be in more episodes.
User avatar
Bored Sr.
New Member
Posts: 2099
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:29 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Wed May 20, 2009 11:18 am

I think it's kind of unfair to compare any other show with The Wire.
(totally insignificant) <--

"Endgame: underway." - Toilet Fleet

Image
Parachute

Wed May 20, 2009 11:20 am

Streven Adler wrote:first episode was pretty good. i think i'll enjoy this.
:fonz:
It only gets better/funnier.
User avatar
The Pope of Chili Town
Don't mess with my shit.
Posts: 1976
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:34 pm
Location: 5280ft

Wed May 20, 2009 11:45 am

far and away my favorite show in years and years

never got the appeal of the Wire.
User avatar
Dr.Fondles
DO THE DEW!
Posts: 1529
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:01 am
Location: Laustin, Tx

Wed May 20, 2009 12:13 pm

the introduction of Bob Odenkirk has been genius
Mordor was the case that they gave me..
User avatar
cibola
git help.
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:46 pm

Wed May 20, 2009 12:18 pm

Comparing it to The Wire isn't fair, but otherwise its a really good show. I missed the last episode and need to go download it now.
User avatar
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?
Posts: 3278
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:58 am

Wed May 20, 2009 8:02 pm

I need to start watching the Wire againpast season one. There's too much hype.

Oh, and i meant chemistry teacher in the first post, not physics.
User avatar
T O))) M
Streetcleaner
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:02 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Wed May 20, 2009 8:20 pm

I saw 1 and 1/2 episodes of Breaking Bad recently. Had no clue what was going on in the first I saw, which was the second half of an episode where Bryan Cranston and his meth buddy are in the desert with some crazy guy with a machine gun and an old man that rings a bell. The second time I saw a full episode where the guy who sells the meth for Bryan Cranston gets ripped off and goes to steal his shit back, but finds an empty house some junkies fucked up little kid, and when the junkies come home they try to pay him back with the money out of the ATM machine they stole but can't open. I really liked that episode and Bryan Cranston's wife is that hot chick that played Bullock's wife in Deadwood. I have no clue what order those episodes are in but they made me want to watch more.
User avatar
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?
Posts: 3278
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:58 am

Wed May 20, 2009 9:08 pm

T O))) M wrote:I saw 1 and 1/2 episodes of Breaking Bad recently. Had no clue what was going on in the first I saw, which was the second half of an episode where Bryan Cranston and his meth buddy are in the desert with some crazy guy with a machine gun and an old man that rings a bell. The second time I saw a full episode where the guy who sells the meth for Bryan Cranston gets ripped off and goes to steal his shit back, but finds an empty house some junkies fucked up little kid, and when the junkies come home they try to pay him back with the money out of the ATM machine they stole but can't open. I really liked that episode and Bryan Cranston's wife is that hot chick that played Bullock's wife in Deadwood. I have no clue what order those episodes are in but they made me want to watch more.
The episode with the ATM is season 2, episode 3 or 4.
User avatar
Bored Sr.
New Member
Posts: 2099
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:29 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Thu May 21, 2009 4:40 pm

cibola wrote:Comparing it to The Wire isn't fair
Yes. This is the single greatest scene in the history of TV:

(totally insignificant) <--

"Endgame: underway." - Toilet Fleet

Image
User avatar
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?
Posts: 3278
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:58 am

Thu May 21, 2009 8:47 pm

Bored Sr. wrote:
cibola wrote:Comparing it to The Wire isn't fair
Yes. This is the single greatest scene in the history of TV:

huh? did you post the wrong scene or something?
Post Reply