Any good new death metal out there?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Re: Any good new death metal out there?

Post by Bored IV »

I've been listening to the new Insidious Decrepancy over the last few days. The recording is really tight/claustrophobic (machine or MIDI drums, no bass to be heard as far as I can tell) but it has some furious/expert riffing and his songwriting has really improved, IMO. I'm digging it. It's kind of like a mutant Deeds of Flesh album, I suppose, although it's much better than the last (mediocre) Deeds.

http://www.myspace.com/insidiousdecrepancy
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

While they're not a new band in the least, I just downloaded the new Goreaphobia, 'Mortal Repulsion,' it's not bad, it may not be as awesome as that retrospective that was released a little while back, but I'm enjoying it. Sounds like the last decade and a half and all it's shit music trends never happened.
Dann O)))
wolves evolve...

Post by Dann O))) »

Turd Murder wrote:While they're not a new band in the least, I just downloaded the new Goreaphobia, 'Mortal Repulsion,' it's not bad, it may not be as awesome as that retrospective that was released a little while back, but I'm enjoying it. Sounds like the last decade and a half and all it's shit music trends never happened.
Beat me to it....

I really like this album. It's just weird to have them finally release a full length now. Should have been in 1993.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

I have this thing but I've only listened to a few tracks. I wish they had done something back in the day because I think they've lost the spirit, but...eh, whatever.
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

Bored IV wrote:I have this thing but I've only listened to a few tracks. I wish they had done something back in the day because I think they've lost the spirit, but...eh, whatever.
Huh? Methinks you got the wrong band. To me they still sound very passionate about the death metal, and didn't alter their sound to fit any particular modern style or trend, but did it in a way that doesn't sound rehashed or redundant. And that's coming from someone's who very picky when it comes to nowadays DM.
Kat Shevil
DO NOT WANT.

Post by Kat Shevil »

I need to plug this Swedish band TORMENTED again,their album "Rotten Death" fucking RULES. http://www.myspace.com/fuckingtormented also some other Swedish death metal bands worth checking out if you havent already checked them out and like your Death Metal the real true old school way are GRAVELESS,MORBUS CHRON,BASTARD PRIEST,MIASMAL,BOMBS OF HADES,INVIDIOUS,EVISCERATED,MAIM.....all have myspace pages theres more i forget right now.but the Swedish scene is really producing some KILLER old school sounding Death metal bands again...

Also im eagerly awaiting a copy of the new Goreaphobia release.A band i have fond memories of from my tape trading days.
Last edited by Kat Shevil on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
APOKALYPTIC DEATH CRUST ARMAGEDDON
http://www.myspace.com/windsofgenocide
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

Bored IV wrote:I've been listening to the new Insidious Decrepancy over the last few days. The recording is really tight/claustrophobic (machine or MIDI drums, no bass to be heard as far as I can tell) but it has some furious/expert riffing and his songwriting has really improved, IMO. I'm digging it. It's kind of like a mutant Deeds of Flesh album, I suppose, although it's much better than the last (mediocre) Deeds.

garbage bags never clicked with me ever...i need to give this new release a listen.
Freak Machine
DO THE DEW!

Post by Freak Machine »

I'm hardly an expert on the matter, but I discovered Asphyx recently and I liked the latest one. The Rack hasn't been off my iriver since I downloaded that, and I'm bound to check out the new HoB. The dudes vocals are just great.
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

Freak Machine wrote:I'm hardly an expert on the matter, but I discovered Asphyx recently and I liked the latest one. The Rack hasn't been off my iriver since I downloaded that, and I'm bound to check out the new HoB. The dudes vocals are just great.
Maybe it's because the first death metal record I ever got was Consuming Impulse, but Van Drunen's vocal style kinda defines what a DM singer should sound like to me.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

Turd Murder wrote:
Bored IV wrote:I have this thing but I've only listened to a few tracks. I wish they had done something back in the day because I think they've lost the spirit, but...eh, whatever.
Huh? Methinks you got the wrong band. To me they still sound very passionate about the death metal, and didn't alter their sound to fit any particular modern style or trend, but did it in a way that doesn't sound rehashed or redundant. And that's coming from someone's who very picky when it comes to nowadays DM.
Well, you've got to realize...this is coming from someone who's so picky it's actually harmful.
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

Bored IV wrote:
Turd Murder wrote:
Well, you've got to realize...this is coming from someone who's so picky it's actually harmful.
Bro you fucking kill me. If there was a Bored fan club I would most definitely be at least the treasurer.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

pooptastik wrote:
Bored IV wrote:I've been listening to the new Insidious Decrepancy over the last few days. The recording is really tight/claustrophobic (machine or MIDI drums, no bass to be heard as far as I can tell) but it has some furious/expert riffing and his songwriting has really improved, IMO. I'm digging it. It's kind of like a mutant Deeds of Flesh album, I suppose, although it's much better than the last (mediocre) Deeds.

garbage bags never clicked with me ever...i need to give this new release a listen.
BAGS AND BAGS!

Yeah, it was the same for me. I always listened to his stuff but it never really clicked with me either. This new album is really cool.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

pooptastik wrote:

He's also kind of an odd duck...try to get him to talk about his drum programming, for example.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

Turd Murder wrote:
Bored IV wrote:
Turd Murder wrote:
Bro you fucking kill me. If there was a Bored fan club I would most definitely be at least the treasurer.
I listened to it again, it hit me this time...I'll probably listen to it a lot more...
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

I like the vocalist from this band:

http://www.myspace.com/miasmalband
Kat Shevil
DO NOT WANT.

Post by Kat Shevil »

Miasmal are great.I just got hold of some Bonesaw stuff recently which is Awesome,if you think Autopsy are Awesome you will cum in your big boy death metal pants when you hear this band if you havent already.theres a link somehwere else in this thread for this band.They got a split with Abscess out and some other stuff...i havent heard the split yet but other stuff is killer.
Last edited by Kat Shevil on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

Ok!

Anyway, here's their demo:

http://dunkelheit616.blogspot.com/2009/ ... -2008.html

OOP, being released on vinyl by NWN.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

I could have sworn we talked about Eviscerated on here before...I can't remember...
Kat Shevil
DO NOT WANT.

Post by Kat Shevil »

i mentioned them earlier....alot of great bands coming out of the Svenska DM underground....
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

Kat Shevil wrote:i mentioned them earlier....alot of great bands coming out of the Svenska DM underground....
This is true. And unlike the nu-thrash bands some of these groups actually write music that's interesting.
Kat Shevil
DO NOT WANT.

Post by Kat Shevil »

Im loving the current wave of Underground Swedish Death Metal.The band i checked out most recently of them was Graveless from Uppsala who have a band logo VERY similar to Crematory.they have a myspace page and demo available.
Last edited by Kat Shevil on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pooptastik

Post by pooptastik »

Bored IV wrote:New stuff from The Chasm?

http://enterthedeathcult.com/samples.htm

i only listened to the 1st track....its not sounding too good...that Earache debut was a meh album meanwhile all the previous albums were all fist-pumpingly epic. i hope this upcoming one doesn't fall under the same as the last effort.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

pooptastik wrote:
Bored IV wrote:New stuff from The Chasm?

http://enterthedeathcult.com/samples.htm

i only listened to the 1st track....its not sounding too good...that Earache debut was a meh album meanwhile all the previous albums were all fist-pumpingly epic. i hope this upcoming one doesn't fall under the same as the last effort.
Ha! This is the exact opposite of my opinion, but...whatever. ;)

They've always been one of those bands that I listen to every once in a while...never every day or whatever, although I know guys who absolutely worship them.
pooptastik

Post by pooptastik »

hehehehe - are they still in Wicked World/Earache?