Any good new death metal out there?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Re: Any good new death metal out there?

Post by Bored IV »

Assplay!!! wrote:I dig that Vorum record.
Yeah. It's a little atypical in that they go back a little further and obviously incorporate the Autopsy influence on Nihilist, but it can't be denied their main heroes are, of course, Entombed. I like how they let the music breathe, though, open it up and have some nice solo work, etc. That's rare. I hope they work on that whole aspect even more when they do their first LP. One of the rarest things in metal right now is having solos that actually say something, anything...
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

noah thirteen wrote:
Mendicant wrote:
noah thirteen wrote:Where can one find that Vorum CDEP? Myspace tracks sound awesome, would very much like to purchase.
http://www.woodcutrecords.com/catalog.html seems to be the source but the Vorum ep is still "in the works"
Haha, kind of fucked how many blogs it's on and it's not even available yet..... great shit, I will purchase immediately upon release.
No, I think the release date was March or April. It's in the CM and The End catalogs, I don't know where the actual CD is. I wouldn't mind a copy either. :)
mastoman
How's them beans, ma?

Post by mastoman »

i was going to start a new thread about this, but figured no one would pay attention, and since it's close enough to dm musically speaking, might as well:

http://www.myspace.com/profanatica

new profanatica album coming out soon, with REAL fucking drums this time, and a nice dirgey bass sound, also comes with absolutely retarded lyrics and song titles.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

as if we've never heard of profanatica...

good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Well, now I've seen everything.... :confused:
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Kat Shevil
DO NOT WANT.

Post by Kat Shevil »

Profanatica haha...Awesome.I used to have a video with an interview and live show on it of Profanatica.In the middle of the interview the main guy Paul Ledney got his dick out and started masturbating over a bible and wiped his evil semen all over it then took a piss in a glass and drank his own piss! funny shit.I do believe my friend still has this video i traded with him,i must ask him about it as it has a cool Impaled Nazarene live show from 91 on it aswell as an Impetigo show.I can imagine Profanatica having evil group naked masturbating homoerotic orgys in the middle of the woods somewhere in the darkest depths of NY state involving alot of cum,piss and blasphemy!.

Their split with Masacre from Colombia is a classic.I got a cool comp cd of Profanatica about 4 years ago too.They always were one of my fave USBM bands.

ALSO a Swedish friend recently tipped me on a band called TORMENTED http://www.myspace.com/fuckingtormented ...GREAT old school death metal with a crustpunk influence! feat ex Edge of Sanity,Pan Thy Monium,Darkified, etc members.
Last edited by Kat Shevil on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
APOKALYPTIC DEATH CRUST ARMAGEDDON
http://www.myspace.com/windsofgenocide
Kat Shevil
DO NOT WANT.

Post by Kat Shevil »

I dare say its more interesting and new than what you have to say.All you have is recycled and over used insults.
APOKALYPTIC DEATH CRUST ARMAGEDDON
http://www.myspace.com/windsofgenocide
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

ungodlywarlock wrote:Probably not the kind of death metal you are looking for, but I've been digging these guys lately:

http://www.myspace.com/soultribulation
Thanks for this, Dusty! :cheers:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

noah thirteen wrote:
Bored IV wrote:No, I think the release date was March or April. It's in the CM and The End catalogs, I don't know where the actual CD is. I wouldn't mind a copy either. :)
The End just has it for pre-order! Beware!

It's fucking great though, I listened to it today on the subway, and I really like it, great Swedish riffs but it doesn't sound like a total clone, very cool.
Yes!

I emailed them today...hopefully they can get their stuff out to a wider audience, I think they're fucking great....
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Can bands just stop doing that 'Skreeee!' note on guitars? Pinch harmonics or something? I don't know what it's called, I'm not a musician. It's fucking horrible.
Haha,
ErikTeethoftheDivine
Khaooos and Kon-fus-ion

Post by ErikTeethoftheDivine »

as far as Old school styled stuff I really dug Axis Powers' "marching towards destruction" and Evocation's "Dead Calm Chaos"

theres also a great new-ish band called Insidious Disease- which features marc grewe and sHane Embury- pure Bloodbath-y styled old school stockholm Dm also

as for new stuff, the new Augury is mind blowing
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

that new Augury still hasn't sank in...i need to listen to it more.
ErikTeethoftheDivine
Khaooos and Kon-fus-ion

Post by ErikTeethoftheDivine »

pooptastik wrote:that new Augury still hasn't sank in...i need to listen to it more.
it tooka while for me, but noew its above the Obscura, FLeshgod and dare I say Ulcerate for my fave Dm album of 2009
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

Ulcerate is another album that is a bit too dense for me...usually that kind of shit takes a year for my to digest.
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Hail Of Bullets "Warsaw Rising" & "...Of Frost And War"
The closest thing to Bolt Thrower you can get without being a clone. Features Martin van Drunen on vocals, the guitarists from Thanatos, the bassist from Houwitser and Ed Warby on drums. Fucking killer!
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
CHUFFED beyond necropsy
Ethos Musick

Post by CHUFFED beyond necropsy »

Teufel wrote:Hail Of Bullets "Warsaw Rising"
Whoa! Did not not anything about this. Gonna have to pick one up.
Incalculably stupid, i trust you'll agree.
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

IBringNothingToTheTable wrote:You will all be pleased to know that the first EP by Roman Temin's band has dropped - http://www.myspace.com/zealotrymetal
I made him cry when I told him his band was terrible. Apparently he seemed to think he's the next Luc Lemay... hahahahahaha... what a fuckin homo.
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

CHUFFED beyond necropsy wrote:
Teufel wrote:Hail Of Bullets "Warsaw Rising"
Whoa! Did not not anything about this. Gonna have to pick one up.
It's being released on Tuesday in North America, already out in Europe. Didn't even know about it til Metal Blade sent me an e-mail to download the promo a few days ago. It's a digipack limited to 2,000 copies/500 vinyl. The digital download is already available through Amazon for $6, haven't seen the CD copy being sold anywhere in North America though, it's not even listed on the Metal Blade USA webstore. Has a cover of a Motley Crue song that sounds like Asphyx covering Celtic Frost, it's pretty cool, actually.
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

IBringNothingToTheTable wrote:Awesome, I'll have to check this out. The first album is excellent.
I just picked up the first CD yesterday, just happened to see it at a store in the mall for $10, really digging it, most fun I've had listening to a death metal album since Those Once Loyal was released 4 years ago.
CHUFFED beyond necropsy
Ethos Musick

Yeah, i couldn't stop listening to that album for months after getting it. They kicked ass at MDF too.

Wonder if this'll be on vinyl (and if so, if i'll have to order it from Germany).....
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

CHUFFED beyond necropsy wrote:Wonder if this'll be on vinyl (and if so, if i'll have to order it from Germany).....
http://shop.metalblade.de/catalog/produ ... ---LP.html
10" EP limited to 500 copies. Don't think it's being released in the US, at least not the vinyl version anyway.
CHUFFED beyond necropsy
Ethos Musick

Teufel wrote:
CHUFFED beyond necropsy wrote:Wonder if this'll be on vinyl (and if so, if i'll have to order it from Germany).....
http://shop.metalblade.de/catalog/produ ... ---LP.html
10" EP limited to 500 copies. Don't think it's being released in the US, at least not the vinyl version anyway.
Yeah, the double LP was impossible to find over here, i'm sure this'll be the same way. Thanks for the link!
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

I e-mailed my contacts at Metal Blade asking them about the release details in North America on CD/vinyl. I can't find anywhere for people to order it online, other than the digital download on Amazon. According to the Metal Blade Records US site it's being released on Tuesday, but they've usually got pre-order links up for all of the retailers up weeks in advance.
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Just got an e-mail back from Vince at Metal Blade regarding the Hail of Bullets CD;
It is digital only in the US.
It'll be on iTunes, and also available on Amazon in MP3 for roughly $6, so if you want the CD or EP, you have to order it from Europe.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

That HOB EP is snoozers for me, but eh...

Some of you might like this:

http://www.myspace.com/stenchofdecay <--

The old singer from Abhorrence (FIN) recently did some vocals for them...

EDIT: Oh, guess the demo is OOP already, so here's a link for it:

http://raf666underground.blogspot.com/2 ... h-and.html

That blog has a lot of other cool stuff, btw.