Last Comic Book You Read 1-10

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: Last Comic Book You Read 1-10

Post by james »

looks a lil bit like Seth Fisher too
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

not really being an "into comics" dude, really had fun tracking down these covers and issues from my little shaver days. Kinda cool these can be found on ebay.

Remember this one was a tale of a kid that had a step dad that whipped him with the belt all the time. Good times.

and this took some digging, because I only remembered Charleston comics and some monster with a load of suckertounges. :what: Freaked me out as a little shaver, I don't recall the story at all but want to re-read it.

cover looks pretty lame actually , wtf.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

dc put out giganic volumes of House of Secrets for very cheap, like 330930930 pages printed in black and white, phonebook style under the 'showcase presents' line. If you're interested in just seeing the pages again, its a tremendous value. I WOULD KNOW I OWN SOME
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

james wrote:dc put out giganic volumes of House of Secrets for very cheap, like 330930930 pages printed in black and white, phonebook style under the 'showcase presents' line. If you're interested in just seeing the pages again, its a tremendous value. I WOULD KNOW I OWN SOME

thanks for heads up on that. will google and check it out...maybe pick it up if not too $$$$$.

Haven't read one of those spooky taled genres in such a long time.

I'm surprised, lots of issues on ebay aren't really too much--1 to 5 bucks, some mutiple issues. Not a bad price for a visit down memory lane.

I remember Unexpected always had a load of Satanic corn. LOL

I'd generally pick out a book based on the covers.

Remember these Gold Key Samson comic had such awesome covers, I'd get suckered in by the cover, but never cared for the stories within... I had this issue. Still love that cover art.

rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

still have this... my grammma I think gave me the loot for it. :awesome:
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Barney Google And Snuffy Smith
Haha,
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

Read the first two issues of Madman and it's already that emoticon that hits the awesome button.

It also has me wanting to watch Freakazoid again.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO wrote:Read the first two issues of Madman and it's already that emoticon that hits the awesome button.

It also has me wanting to watch Freakazoid again.
I've never read madman, although it's been on my list of things to do since I was 7 probably.

Freakazoid really is amazing to watch, especially today. I'm at the point with that show where I don't think it was for anyone - not adults peering over their children's shoulders, not the children, it was simply done because it could be done.

I don't really know if I would recommend it to any adult in the world, but it's absolutely worth re-examining it if you saw it as a kid. The weirdness towards the end of season 2 will never be eclipsed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freakazoid ... 27s_Madman

It would be so weird to get ripped off by a show like Freakazoid - it just came and went, there was never any merchandising empire to sue for a piece of, and it left very little impact. But for like 30 seconds of your life, there's this kids cartoon floating out there that would bother you every time you were trying to fall asleep
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

I didn't realize there were only two seasons, I feel like I watched that show for years.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

it left a towering impression upon all of us
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Boys: Highland Laddie 3/10

Garth Ennis writes Wee Hughie out of The Boys so that he can produce a completely lame and pointless miniseries about the character and cash in on the success of the main title. It's basically Hughie sitting around crying, then running into Annie so that they can both sit around crying, while some subplot about a drug dealer happens in the background that has exactly zilch to do with anything (except the drug is coke laced with Compound V, so I guess it's totally relevant to everything) and is mostly an excuse for the stock "disgusting people doing disgusting shit" Ennis turns in everytime he has nothing to say. Oh, and the art looks like John McCrea was drunk and drew it all in one night. Terrible.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

went to comic store, first time ever looking for some of them olde horror comics, which they didn't have,

but told sweaty to pick something out... she bought this.

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

this band looks f'n baddass duudes,

I think the bands name is

THE DEMOS :theylive:

james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Picked up the first issue of Mouse Guard. Shit's cool. I'm going to have to slowly buy the rest. 8 so far but it will probably be better than that when i know more than one issue-worth of the story

Reading the most recent Flash series so that I can jump into the Flashpoint horse shit and be readied when I start blowing retarded money on the DC reboot issues. It's awesome so 7.5/10
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

james wrote:Image

Picked up the first issue of Mouse Guard. Shit's cool. I'm going to have to slowly buy the rest. 8 so far but it will probably be better than that when i know more than one issue-worth of the story
Is this like Redwall or something?
No Cunting Elves
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

It's similar but not related to that series. It's not furry shit either. It's like this very grim midieval world where you're a mouse but you gotta not get devoured by everything else. And the mice are adorable. I like it.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

well i just looked it up on wikipedia and realized i bought the first issue of a prequel mini-series

i don fucing know whats going on, they're fuzzy
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

Great read. I love Chester Brown, and have been waiting a while for this to come out.
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

let's get specific, u

you can't just wander into my universe, drop a name and walk out

it's lonely here
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

Dl'd the entirety of Preacher in one .cbr file awhile back and am taking a break. Think I'm around issue 20 or so, great stuff. Also, as per the recommendation in this thread, I just snatched a 1GB torrent of MADMAN comics. Will report back with a verdict of some sort. All in good time, friends.

One more thing: although I've only read the first TPB I must recommend Locke & Key if you haven't read it. It's a real page-turner!
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

torrent of Preacher in .cbr format is what got me reading comics, around 2005

blew through all of it in 3 days, still do it once a year

it was like 72 hours of constant Christmas morning, all day whatever I was doing, I was flipping shit excited to get back to the computer and keep reading
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
fuck. i read a couple but i couldn't finish the rest of my friend's collection. i was already in a bummer mood, don't want to feel worse. i think ennis just wants 100% shock value for this.
badgevvrecker
I know you are but what am I?

Post by badgevvrecker »

swamp thing was the scariest shit i'd read when i was a kid.
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

badgevvrecker wrote:swamp thing was the scariest shit i'd read when i was a kid.
Absolutely. It's one of my favorite comics, and one of the biggest chunks of my collection.
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

pooptastik wrote:fuck. i read a couple but i couldn't finish the rest of my friend's collection. i was already in a bummer mood, don't want to feel worse. i think ennis just wants 100% shock value for this.
I might read this someday but I have to say, I have zero interest in it

I'm not sure if the guy just doesn't give a flying fuck, or if he seriously has difficulty finding his zone or with self-editing, lucas syndrome.

I really liked The Boys (what I read of it) and I've gushed over Preacher enough to embarrass myself, but a lot of the rest of his shit is just fucking pointless

that superhooker thing was annoying as shit