Home-Owners

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Hell-haine
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Re: Home-Owners

Post by Hell-haine »

Teared all the walls down and made:
-bedroom
-walk-in closet
-bathroom
-office
much bigger.

Teared all ceiling down to make recessed lighting with dimmers in all rooms except kitchen and living room.
Wood floors everywhere except bathroom (new tiles) and office (carpet)
Built insulated cedar ceiling in bedroom
Built home entertainment center around fireplace with LCD screen above
New sink, bathtub, shower, toilet, lights etc etc in bathroom - Looks awesome now
Built pool deck around pool
Repainted all rooms, changed 50% of doors and a few windows.

Pff I need to upload before/after pictures.
I don't think I'll ever do that much work in a house ever, we got rid of 3 giant dumpsters of trash.
Bored001 wrote:34 is still wet behind the ears...it's not that you're getting older, you're getting smarter.
Natas

Post by Natas »

I refinished the basement last year including replacing the carpet with tile and putting up new drywall. this was after getting water in those real heavy rains a few years back and since installing a small sump in a 5 gal bucket in the concrete floor. replaced all the carpeting in the house and put laminated hardwood in the living room (in a couple years i want pergo or something real). we've painted the inside twice since 2001, and last year had new concrete steps delivered, resealed the driveway, and had new gutters put in.
takeasneededforpain
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by takeasneededforpain »

I redid some plumbing under my shower, due to the fact that someone had actually attempted to splice pipe with duct tape when they installed a new fiberglass shower stall...

My plans after my tax return comes in will be to rip out the paneling in my basement (which looks like the classic Skyclad paneling, only some idiot painted it white...) and re-doing it in drywall. It's really only 2 rooms, though my wife also wants to resurface a block wall on my foundation, also.
Eat shit and live...
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

Hell-haine wrote: bedroom
lighting with dimmers in all rooms
home entertainment center around fireplace with LCD screen above
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Post by zzzzzzzz »

I've my eye on a few couches at a couple of friends houses, but I haven't decided which one yet
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

broke.as.shit wrote: My basement needs a lot of work as well. I intend on splitting it, one room a spare bedroom and laundry room, the other side a home theatre and wet bar.
I have a brand new full bathroom in the basement. I have no idea why the previous owners built it considering the basement is not finished. The laundry room is acctually on the first floor next to the bedrooms, so in reality I could drywall and carpet the entire basement. I HATE hardwood floors which is what we have in most of the upstairs, so the basement would be my domain. Nice deep rugs.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

Seriously though, I'd feel like less of a man without Menards.
hana maru
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by hana maru »

this topic gets me all hot and bothered.
i can't see your signature.
Hell-haine

Post by Hell-haine »

hana maru wrote:this topic gets me all hot and bothered.
doubleblumpkin wrote:
Bored001 wrote:34 is still wet behind the ears...it's not that you're getting older, you're getting smarter.
takeasneededforpain
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by takeasneededforpain »

Hell-haine wrote:
hana maru wrote:this topic gets me all hot and bothered.
doubleblumpkin wrote:
Are you hitting on the girls again, Helene?

Do I need to smack you with a rolled-up newspaper and rub your nose in it, while telling you that you're a bad girl?
Eat shit and live...
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

All paint, laminate flooring in every room, 1/4 round/baseboards , some lighting,new furnace...
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

I turned mine into a pair of boobs and a vagina.
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
broke.as.shit
Hetero as hell...

Post by broke.as.shit »

I got a six bedroom, two car attached/two car detached, two story w/ finished basement for $80,000. Fair Market Value is $154,000 but I bought it from the city after the former owner got drunk and drove a motorcycle into a retaining wall doing 75mph. House sat on the market for two and a half years (no one bought it thanks to the economy), I came in, put $15,000 down, plus $4,000 the fiancee had and Obama's $8,000 onto it, so amount still owed on a $80,000 30 year loan (with total down payment of $27,000) is $53,000. Not bad for a 21 year old.
Deez Nutz wrote:I bought last Spring and did a tax extension to get my 8k Obamabux. Using that I installed a wall-mounted 32" TV in the kitchen, hired an electrician to install 12 recessed lights in the living and rec rooms, updated all the kitchen hardware, installed two new ceiling fans, painted multiple rooms... I'm installing new house numbers this week.

This year I want to replace the carpet in the rec room, install a tiled floor in my work area and start to plan a bathroom remodeling in the master bedroom.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
4.75% 30-year fixed.
Post pics of the living room lights.
Wehttam wrote:
broke.as.shit wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote:I have also been in my house since November, but I haven't done shit. The house doesn't really need any work, but I'd like to finish the basement this spring.
My basement needs a lot of work as well. I intend on splitting it, one room a spare bedroom and laundry room, the other side a home theatre and wet bar.
did this years ago....it flooded last year(I blame our fucking city and the builders lying about some stuff that was done before we bought it), now I've been at it again over the past couple of months, but it will be better now. I made some mistakes previously that I've always wanted to improve on.

Although, my home theatre room will be a studio control room too, and the new spare bedroom will be the performance room. Then on to the upstairs to do some small renos to the kitchen and bathroom.
Keep me updated as you remodel.
wheatgurm wrote:I just finished building and installing a new maple kitchen in my house. A traditional face frame kitchen w/ raised panel doors, and roll outs in all my lower cabs. Used pre-finished maple for my interior box and drawer parts. All I have left to install is my crown and toe skin. For my crown molding Im using fiddle back maple.
Doing my bathroom next, gonna build me a Sapele vanity w/ tall linen cabinets. Then after that Ill probably build me a built a entertainment center out of Bubinga or Tiger Wood w/ inlayed Purple Heart. Fuck yea!!! I loooove wood. 8)
I'm putting hard wood in the smoking room, the living room, and the hallways. Going to panel part of one bedroom and the master bath for sure.
crunchermcnut wrote:Tore out the old shag carpet, hardwoods underneath still could be refinished. Painted the entire main floor. Replaced all the windows with triple pane low-e, and replaced the doors. Replaced a bunch of light fixtures.
Where did you get your windows, how much, and are they pretty effective?
Cryptoplasty wrote:
broke.as.shit wrote: My basement needs a lot of work as well. I intend on splitting it, one room a spare bedroom and laundry room, the other side a home theatre and wet bar.
I have a brand new full bathroom in the basement. I have no idea why the previous owners built it considering the basement is not finished. The laundry room is acctually on the first floor next to the bedrooms, so in reality I could drywall and carpet the entire basement. I HATE hardwood floors which is what we have in most of the upstairs, so the basement would be my domain. Nice deep rugs.
I'm a big fan of hardwood flooring.
Wehttam
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Wehttam »

broke.as.shit wrote:I got a six bedroom, two car attached/two car detached, two story w/ finished basement for $80,000. Fair Market Value is $154,000 but I bought it from the city after the former owner got drunk and drove a motorcycle into a retaining wall doing 75mph. House sat on the market for two and a half years (no one bought it thanks to the economy), I came in, put $15,000 down, plus $4,000 the fiancee had and Obama's $8,000 onto it, so amount still owed on a $80,000 30 year loan (with total down payment of $27,000) is $53,000. Not bad for a 21 year old.
Deez Nutz wrote:I bought last Spring and did a tax extension to get my 8k Obamabux. Using that I installed a wall-mounted 32" TV in the kitchen, hired an electrician to install 12 recessed lights in the living and rec rooms, updated all the kitchen hardware, installed two new ceiling fans, painted multiple rooms... I'm installing new house numbers this week.

This year I want to replace the carpet in the rec room, install a tiled floor in my work area and start to plan a bathroom remodeling in the master bedroom.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
4.75% 30-year fixed.
Post pics of the living room lights.
Wehttam wrote:
broke.as.shit wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote:I have also been in my house since November, but I haven't done shit. The house doesn't really need any work, but I'd like to finish the basement this spring.
My basement needs a lot of work as well. I intend on splitting it, one room a spare bedroom and laundry room, the other side a home theatre and wet bar.
did this years ago....it flooded last year(I blame our fucking city and the builders lying about some stuff that was done before we bought it), now I've been at it again over the past couple of months, but it will be better now. I made some mistakes previously that I've always wanted to improve on.

Although, my home theatre room will be a studio control room too, and the new spare bedroom will be the performance room. Then on to the upstairs to do some small renos to the kitchen and bathroom.
Keep me updated as you remodel.
will do. there's also a few other things that my wife and I did a few years ago for the main floor. painted twice(within 4 years) which makes a huge difference, put in new laminate flooring in the hallway/living room.

What I found, is that as soon as you make an improvement or change with one thing in a house, it just never stops. Everything else always seems outdated. It's totally worth it, but the wife and I go with the never hire anyone to do the job unless you absolutely can't, so it takes a bit of time. I always look online to find out how to do repairs and renos...there's so much info out there. Although, I wouldn't replace windows myself....I would end up breaking at least one or two. there's nothing like smoking some weed and having a few beers listening to tunes while taking your time and building shit.

edit: nice find on the house dude. that sounds awesome.
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Post by bundlesofvitals »

danox3 wrote:Bought in August, painted 4 rooms, ripped out the ugly carpet to find awesome hardwoods under neath. Replaced the stove, torn down the fence out front.

Still need to paint 3 more rooms, and the Obama bucks are replacing the deck out back.
Pretty much this...just painted, ripped out some carpeting and put in new flooring, etc. We bought a house that didn't need much and used the Obamabux to furnish it. :tup: Someday I'd like to finish the basement but that shit is super intimidating right now...
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

repainted, new floors downstairs, new carpet in the bedrooms and new tub. Putting in new windows this year and planning the master bathroom renovation. I am thinking about natural stone tile, or stained concrete which can be interesting.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

The Obamabux are going to a new TV, washer and dryer, maybe a downpayment on a car. Most likely it will go towards crap a I don't need.
Hell-haine

Post by Hell-haine »

OK how did the Obama stimulus work?
Does it have to be energy efficient improvements in the house?
Can I use it for new windows?
Did you have to fill up paperworks?

:drool:
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

You get it automatically as a tax rebate if you buy a house before April something. You can use it for anything you want. I have no idea how any of that shit works as far as the paperwork. My wife is an accountant and does all our taxes, so all I know is I get some free money.
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

you all so broke from your remodels that you cant afford cameras?
hana maru
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by hana maru »

DeadWalrus wrote:you all so broke from your remodels that you cant afford cameras?
for serious.

bust out the pictures so i can :bean:

(before and afters appreciated much, kthx)
i can't see your signature.
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

My girlfriend loves visiting Menards from time to time...
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

Black Jacques wrote:My girlfriend is not real...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

You fuckingdick.. she is too real. Last night she couldn't stop talking about how much she loves Menards...
Gookstorm
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Gookstorm »

I'd go with Cat5e at least over Cat5. We're all going to have gigabit ethernet minimum in a few years. Next place I buy I'll likely put in optical for 10gigabit ethernet. I REALLY doubt that any wireless protocol in the next 15 years will get that kind of bandwidth.
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Koreans hate Americans too much to ever fuck them, silly roundeyes.
obviously you never been to kunsan, osan, or seoul.