Most disappointing swansong album

Music posts are a bannable offense.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Re: Most disappointing swansong album

Post by valgalder »

necrothrash wrote:Image

Is not so bad. Compared to the might of their whole catalog, it's crappy in places. Certainly worth the buck more than Death Dragons of the Apocalypse (live soundboard tapes). But pretend this was the debut of a new Helmkamp band... Angelcorpse never existed... it's pretty good. Yeah the drums are thin, but just listen to that dudes wah pedal! Sweet, pass the bong. Leathers up, time to thrash some mo' mediocrity.

:tup: :tup: :crowbreed: = 2 1/2 tup's
yeah, I tend to agree. it's not AS bad as people make it out to be, however it's really if i'm going to listen to Angel Corpse it will be Inexorable or Exterminate.
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

its just unfair for themselves to make another album after The Inexorable. i agree the material isn't so bad but its like Breeding The Spawn.
necrothrash
I like to smell things.

Post by necrothrash »

Totally man. I'll grab Inexorable or Exterminate or even the Iron, Blood and Blasphemy comp. They wanted to get Tony Laureano back for the last one, but he was busy playing dress-up or some shit. Could have made the record so much better too.
valgalder wrote:
necrothrash wrote:Image

Is not so bad. Compared to the might of their whole catalog, it's crappy in places. Certainly worth the buck more than Death Dragons of the Apocalypse (live soundboard tapes). But pretend this was the debut of a new Helmkamp band... Angelcorpse never existed... it's pretty good. Yeah the drums are thin, but just listen to that dudes wah pedal! Sweet, pass the bong. Leathers up, time to thrash some mo' mediocrity.

:tup: :tup: :crowbreed: = 2 1/2 tup's
yeah, I tend to agree. it's not AS bad as people make it out to be, however it's really if i'm going to listen to Angel Corpse it will be Inexorable or Exterminate.
necrothrash
I like to smell things.

Post by necrothrash »

Haha, Paulo your post here just reminded me of the UHHHH/AHHHHHHHH/Buhh thread, where you beat everybody with Angelcorpse on the first post.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

did they still rip shit up on their last tour? I had to miss that that one :(
necrothrash
I like to smell things.

Post by necrothrash »

valgalder wrote:did they still rip shit up on their last tour? I had to miss that that one :(
Saw the last tour at the Drunken Unicorn in Atlanta. Angelcorpse went out as a power trio. Pete and Gene were awesome, but they had some punkass drummer with no tattoos and a backwards trucker hat -- not flying that night. Nachtmystium opened and was pretty cool.

Helmkamp was too intimidating to be approached in the crowd, even though I am a foot taller than him.

Gene completely smoked every riff and every solo, but for some reason he did not bring out the flanger/phaser/delays I was expecting from the records. Also to my surprise, his crybaby wah is normal sized -- totally not surfboard-sized like I was expecting.

Drummer was untroo, but kept up well enough to not ruin my experience. I simply looked away from his cobalt blue drums.

Never saw them before this last tour, so I can't make a comparison.

A+++++ Bought the shirt/Would see again!!!!
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

they killed it back in 1998, and was absolutely blown away... and it was my only time seeing them, so I was upset when I couldn't make it to the last one.

RIP ANGEL CORPSE!!!!
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

RE: Angel Corpse: have any of you dudes heard Gene's band Blasphemic Cruelty? NWN just put out the vinyl for them. I want to love it because it has some real awesome Angel Corpsy riffs, but the singer's a pale imitation of Helmkamp, and the drumming is so weak. You need some monster beats to accompany riffs like those, you can't pussy out. Figures it's a lady drummer--she plays like she's at a tea party.
Dann O)))
wolves evolve...

Post by Dann O))) »

CHUFFED beyond necropsy wrote:Desultory - "Swallow the Snake"

Oof, what a stinker.
They have a new one coming out....hopefully they redeem themselves a little.
necrothrash
I like to smell things.

Post by necrothrash »

RE: RE: Angelcorpse/Blasphemic Cruelty

Yes, I have heard them online. Did not know about the vinyl release. Same thing with Helmkamp's new band... J. Read is on drums and totally ripping, but the riffs are pretty weak.

Can we get a Pete/Gene/J Read project going???

/fanboy
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

necrothrash wrote:Yes, I have heard them online. Did not know about the vinyl release. Same thing with Helmkamp's new band... J. Read is on drums and totally ripping, but the riffs are pretty weak.

Can we get a Pete/Gene/J Read project going???

/fanboy
I'm listening to the Kerasphorus right now. My dogs won't come in the room, they're standing in the hallway. I think it's tits, beautiful perky titties the color of milk. But the lineup you've suggested could possibly do some serious damage. Serious damage.
mastoman
How's them beans, ma?

Post by mastoman »

have you guys heard APOCALYPSE COMMAND, gene's solo band? you won't be disappointed if you're a fan of his other bands.
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

mastoman wrote:have you guys heard APOCALYPSE COMMAND, gene's solo band? you won't be disappointed if you're a fan of his other bands.
That shit is amazing...do you know where I could pick up a copy of the 7"?
mastoman
How's them beans, ma?

Post by mastoman »

well, the first google result brought up http://www.theomegaorder.com - i think they're pretty reliable. they titled it 'evil necromancy' because that's the first song, but it's actually called Abyss Fiend of Darkness

edit: my mistake, it's out of stock
Last edited by mastoman on Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mastoman
How's them beans, ma?

Post by mastoman »

pulled it out and am listening to it right now. :cheers:
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

I finally found a copy of the 7" on Invictus Productions, about 12 dollarbux. I'm psyched.