speaking of immolation...favorite song?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Burpcore the GRIM
Nespithe

Re: speaking of immolation...favorite song?

Post by Burpcore the GRIM »

I remember seeing these guys for the first time in 96 when they toured with Sux Feet Under and Internal Bleeding. I knew of them but I hadn't actually heard them yet. It just so happened that I had three hits of very strong acid in me that night and I started peaking right as they went on. Talk about a first impression, I'm actually kind of glad that I hadn't checked them out sooner.

I just stood there with my jaw hanging open the whole set. I swear, aside from my eyes darting back and forth across the stage I don't think I moved a single muscle the whole time they played. I had never witnessed anything that intense before and to be honest, I haven't since. Their music is just so sinister and diabolic as it is, so hearing them at all, much less witnessing them live playing only material from the first two albums (since "Failures" didn't even exist yet) whilst being so young, impressionable and whacked out on one of the most intense acid trips I ever had just blew me away. The impression I got was that of orchestral music, warped and distorted to the point where any potential beauty was mutated into ugliness without losing one shred of majesty, like an auditory version of looking at something in some luciferian funhouse mirror. I felt menaced, I felt threatened and I loved every goddamn second of it.

So yeah. Instant fan.
"Work as stripper and expect cunt to last forever? Get real" - Hornie

http://www.myspace.com/embalmerband

Xbox Live - DeadForever666
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I think if I'd been on acid the first time I saw Immolation I'd be in the nuthouse now. I was sober, and I still felt like hell was about to open up and swallow me.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
cold radiance
DO THE DEW!

Post by cold radiance »

That's interesting...I remember being really, really stoned once back in Dallas a number of years ago and listening to the third album on headphones and being overwhelmed by it, also thinking of "hell opening up", etc. It wasn't a frightening feeling...it was more nauseating than anything. The second album in particular, IMO, is so warped and perverse that it still hasn't been assimilated by most death metal fans...
Burpcore the GRIM
Nespithe

Post by Burpcore the GRIM »

spacehamster wrote:I think if I'd been on acid the first time I saw Immolation I'd be in the nuthouse now. I was sober, and I still felt like hell was about to open up and swallow me.
Yeah, that whole experience pretty much tiptoed on an extremely thin line between "holy shit this is the best thing that ever happened to me" and "OH GAD IT'S TOO MUCH MOMMA HELP".
"Work as stripper and expect cunt to last forever? Get real" - Hornie

http://www.myspace.com/embalmerband

Xbox Live - DeadForever666
ratanda
How's them beans, ma?

Post by ratanda »

metal5411
I hate my life.

Post by metal5411 »

krudmonk wrote:Just fuck a robot that looks like her. It's Japan, retard.
monsterod wrote:Look, I'd rather be riding a rocket-propelled wild boar through space with a bottle of Maker's getting a blowjob from Mrs. Snozzberries. But at this point, I'd be satisfied with a brisk trot down the street from a common sow.
Syringe in Mouth
DO THE DEW!

Post by Syringe in Mouth »

riley-o wrote:
pleasuretokill wrote:Not sure if this is my favorite or not, but it's up there. It's in constant rotation on my mp3 player at the gym

great choice, absolutely relentless song. the solo is like a swarm of bees inside your brain.
Without a doubt, my favorite. Those three notes at the end coupled with that riff gives me chills. :tup:
IFryKids
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by IFryKids »

metal5411 wrote:
It's hard for me to imagine another choice.
This is my sacrifice
This is my life
This is my only regret
That I ever was born