Moving across the Country

Music posts are a bannable offense.
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Re: Moving across the Country

Post by DeadWalrus »

hipster holocaust wrote:watch what you say, they don't understand sarcasm and will become offended very easily even if the tone of your voice is perceptively jovial (to east coasters).
i dont agree!
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

DeadWalrus wrote:
hipster holocaust wrote:watch what you say, they don't understand sarcasm and will become offended very easily even if the tone of your voice is perceptively jovial (to east coasters).
i dont agree!
I KNOW I SOOOO BELIEVE YOU
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

Piedmont the city is really expensive and lame probably not what anyone is talking about in this thread. The area around Piedmont Ave. in Oakland is sometimes casually referred to as "Piedmont." It's near Temescal. Really nice area if you can find a place that's not too expensive... it's easy bike-riding distance from downtown and lots of restaurants etc., near BART and only a few miles from Berkeley campus. I used to live just south of there and I'll probably be moving back in the Fall.

Finding places in Berkeley can blow because houses that aren't too expensive are in really high demand, and it's common for a dozen people to show up to the open house.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Right, I was talking about Piedmont Ave... not Piedmont proper. Seriously anything within 3 miles of the school is fine for me, all I need is a place to shower and be naked that's close to my job.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO wrote:Piedmont the city is really expensive and lame probably not what anyone is talking about in this thread. The area around Piedmont Ave. in Oakland is sometimes casually referred to as "Piedmont."
My Oakland friends have explicitly stated the "avenue" to distinguish it.
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

krudmonk wrote:
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO wrote:Piedmont the city is really expensive and lame probably not what anyone is talking about in this thread. The area around Piedmont Ave. in Oakland is sometimes casually referred to as "Piedmont."
My Oakland friends have explicitly stated the "avenue" to distinguish it.
Yeah, but I assumed that Ross was talking about Piedmont Ave. because he's not a reclusive millionaire (I don't think).
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Necrometer wrote:I'm doing the same in about two weeks here... it's coming close to crunch time where I have to decide what gets trashed or not. Do I really want/need these hundreds of CDs I almost never break out? I think it's going to be a pretty massive purge... you can download fucking anything in two minutes now.
definitely sell your CDs dude. getting easy money for something you're probably never going to use again will trump the one time a year you whip out an Atheist album to impress the latest bro you've brought home. I've sold about 1/3 of my collection in the last month after deliberating for a while and it was an awesome decision.
szymek
Kill Whitey

Post by szymek »

Necrometer wrote:I don't want to be Oakland...
All together, I've been in Oakland for 15 years. I'm pretty into it. Berkeley kinda sucks.