is anyone playing star trek: online?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

is anyone playing star trek: online?

Post by canon.docre »

post your shit. this game fucking rules. nerd life.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
disco-dance axis
carbomb street team

Re: is anyone playing star trek: online?

Post by disco-dance axis »

OBVIOUSLY NOT, FAGGOT!
Krieg wrote: It is more or less the same issue with painkillers, an American gets a tooth removed and spends the next 10 days daydreaming under Valium or Xanax. A German gets a leg amputated and gets Ibuprofen (and only the 500mg version).
Deez Nutz
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by Deez Nutz »

ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

electronicham wrote:I really want to, but I refuse to pay for a game by month
Not to mention it's Cryptic/Atari and they are all about the micro-transactions on top of the monthly fee.
For example, 99% of the time an MMORPG goes with the 15.00p/mo. business model, part of why you pay that fee is obviously for servers but also for the development of free content every few months. Then they would usually have a separate team working on a boxed, paid expansion to be released every couple of years.

Well, Cryptic has shown at least with their other MMO, Champions Online, that they like to charge that monthly fee and then ALSO charge micro-transaction for a ton of other shit, including zones even (which, I should add the game is really lacking on content when I tried it out, so it's a big screw to anyone playing that game).

Anyways....just a word of warning about this developer. They got Atari backing them and Bill Roper (Hellgate: London) in charge over there. It's a perfect storm for screwing up potentially good games.
zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Post by zzzzzzzz »

canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

ungodlywarlock wrote:
electronicham wrote:I really want to, but I refuse to pay for a game by month
Not to mention it's Cryptic/Atari and they are all about the micro-transactions on top of the monthly fee.
For example, 99% of the time an MMORPG goes with the 15.00p/mo. business model, part of why you pay that fee is obviously for servers but also for the development of free content every few months. Then they would usually have a separate team working on a boxed, paid expansion to be released every couple of years.

Well, Cryptic has shown at least with their other MMO, Champions Online, that they like to charge that monthly fee and then ALSO charge micro-transaction for a ton of other shit, including zones even (which, I should add the game is really lacking on content when I tried it out, so it's a big screw to anyone playing that game).

Anyways....just a word of warning about this developer. They got Atari backing them and Bill Roper (Hellgate: London) in charge over there. It's a perfect storm for screwing up potentially good games.
this sort of thing doesn't really bug me. a few bux here and there for a game i'm playing every day is worth it.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

Normally, I agree. Like, for example I buy plenty of DLCs on Xbox360....
But with MMOs it's different for me. Especially considering the long history of MMOs having free content every few months. It's just shady to me to try and start charging for shit now, especially when they should be trying to come up with ways to win over customers from WoW, not discourage them.

That said, Champions was a fun game...just light as HELL on content. I'm sure STO is reasonably fun as well.
Champions was like 19.99 a month after it came out, though...something to think about if you are thinking of playing this new one.

I'm waiting for The Old Republic.
Bioware can do no wrong at this point, in my opinion.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

I was playing this in beta, but I just couldn't get into it. I cancelled my pre-order.
ImageImageImage
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

Played the beta and couldn't even be bothered to keep going after several hours of play.