When a CD has a "companion disc"

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: When a CD has a "companion disc"

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

dont buy flaming lips zaireeka, theres four of the fuckers...
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

THROW ANOTHER HOOKER ON THE FIRE!!!!!!!!!
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

noah thirteen wrote:
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:dont buy flaming lips zaireeka, theres four of the fuckers...
Noted! You are quite helpful Bloor!!!
the onlt time I managed to get all four to play it made me feel quite sick after 10 mins or so, the sticker warns not to play to pregnant ladies and young children!
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i watched wizard of oz with dark side of the moon, it was neat but i love both old movies and pink floyd so it was right up my alley as the kids are saying
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Neurosis was the first---and demonstrated that while it sounded like a hellava idea on paper, it was pretty damned boring and un-neccessary.

Neurosis pioneers of failed experiment.

other bands: bullshit copycat xasthur fans too dumb to realize it was a failed experiment
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

riley-o wrote:i watched wizard of oz with dark side of the moon, it was neat but i love both old movies and pink floyd so it was right up my alley as the kids are saying

There's a version you can torrent already cooked into a DVD, pre synched, with floyd lyric subtitles.

Pretty fun watch through the first run of the album...after it repeats it don't really match much.

I'll give that experiment 8/10 cans of banana milk.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

I watched the Pink Floyd/Wizard of Oz thing when I tried mushrooms for the first time.

I may have shat myself.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

I was thinking about moving up to Canada to escape the evil empire, but if an intelligent and motivated guy like Noah can't even afford two CD players, I don't know what to think...
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

noah thirteen wrote: Neurosis - Times Of Grace/Grace
tried this combo while baked.

kinda dumb.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

fuck these gimmicks....
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

riley-o wrote:i watched wizard of oz with dark side of the moon, it was neat but i love both old movies and pink floyd so it was right up my alley as the kids are saying
this. plus I was balls deep in some lsd so maybe that's why...
No Cunting Elves
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

BUNGVOX wrote:

kinda dumb.

it's pretty much the same experience as playing A cd in the summer when someone's mowing the grass outside.... holy areteeestes.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Zerohero wrote:
BUNGVOX wrote:

kinda dumb.

it's pretty much the same experience as playing A cd in the summer when someone's mowing the grass outside.... holy areteeestes.
hahahahaha!!!

truth.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

noah thirteen wrote:
Necrometer wrote:I was thinking about moving up to Canada to escape the evil empire, but if an intelligent and motivated guy like Noah can't even afford two CD players, I don't know what to think...
I have one really nice stereo.....
I was fucking around. Is your computer connected to said really nice stereo? It shouldn't be too hard using technology to get this all worked out...
pleasuretokill
Olde Timer

Post by pleasuretokill »

Friendly Goatus wrote:I watched the Pink Floyd/Wizard of Oz thing when I tried mushrooms for the first time.

I may have shat myself.
Same here. There were certain parts that went together almost too well.
The thing that I remember the most was at the end of "Breathe" The lines "balanced on the biggest wave, you race towards an early grave" goes along perfectly to Dorothy walking along a tall fence and then falling to the ground and rolling over as if knocked out or dead. There are quite a few moments like this.... it's fun to do if you have shrooms. Shit, everything is fun to do if you have shrooms....
"Did your parents put and Atari 2600 in a gold box and wrap it with Genesis paper to fuck with you?" - Pieclun
"theres a new Camo stronger than black ice, its better tasting than all the rest. its 12.5% and tastes sorta like cream soda mixed with piss. i like it!" - ghost boner
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

Speed soundtrack/Speed 2 soundtrack

fucking sick tokes...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

noah thirteen wrote:My stereo is the weird kind that has multiple inputs for different things like CD player, record player, ipod but only plays one at a time...... it's weird.....
if you're fucking with me... I swear to god... you torontonian fucker...
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

soiled depends wrote:Speed soundtrack/Speed 2 soundtrack

fucking sick tokes...
duuuuude.

hell yeh.
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

Not interested. If a band wants me to hear both discs played in sync, they should mix them on a single disc and save me the bother of rounding up a second player, etc etc etc. Actually the only disc I own that has a companion (that I know of) is Times of Grace, and that sounds just fine on its own.
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

yes, Boris did do this for Dronevil.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/918 ... vil-final/
If you do own a couple of stereos (or can score one from a friend), you'll be able to unleash Dronevil as Boris intended-- an hour of doubled, layered, hyper-stereophonic sounds. Generally, one half, "Disc Drone", consists of darkened ambient work while the other, "Disc Evil", is louder rock. If played concurrently in the same room, the two mesh into one gigantic wall of rock'n'drone, but it's difficult to know how closely Boris tracked the separate compositions. In many cases, it seems the dynamics created are the result of chance. Process isn't important to the end result-- I tried both ways and prefer the spaciousness of listening to the discs separately. Which is good news, I guess, unless you're enough into micro-managing to go for the simulcast each time you need a Boris fix.
This Means War
The Brutality Continues...

Post by This Means War »

That "Dronevil" mix as it is called can be found mixed on this here interwebs....
hard paranormal dong wrote: one of these days im going to upload my fist onto the internet, i just hope one day you accidentally download it.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

This Means War wrote:That "Dronevil" mix as it is called can be found mixed on this here interwebs....
I have a cd-r of the Times of/Grace all mixed together. I've been told that you don't get the full effect unless you do the two separate albums on different sources. Never done it though.
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
jefferson
DO THE DEW!

Post by jefferson »

i downloaded times of grace with neurot shit synced in mp3s and when i want to listen to the cd of neurosis i listen to the burned copy of hte sync burn cd i have so i am habutiat of hte sync burn it is not speicaial anymore its not bad itst pretty god i like i. it may be better than the orginial
Scarlet Bro Hansen
I like to smell things.

Post by Scarlet Bro Hansen »

Introvert wrote:
This Means War wrote:That "Dronevil" mix as it is called can be found mixed on this here interwebs....
I have a cd-r of the Times of/Grace all mixed together. I've been told that you don't get the full effect unless you do the two separate albums on different sources. Never done it though.

I've played both at the same time. I may be in the minority as I thought it worked pretty well actually. I haven't compared it to the mixed version as I only have the two individual discs.
james wrote:im not downloading LeakyRapes