Withnail and I : Over-rated? Discuss flick

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Withnail and I : Over-rated? Discuss flick

Post by Zerohero »

Like the soundtrack...entertaining to a point, but damn, I just don't find english xasthur fans drinking booze in the rain eating breadcrumbs all that interesting or entertaining.

I heard limeys say fuckall cunt and pissoff before, ain't really so cutesy hipsy.

British Film awards??? reeeeally??

I was going to say there isn't even a single female in the flick even as an extra, but I guess there is a couple fossilized fuddy duddy crumpet tweakers farting on chairs in the background.

I guess I'd watch it again... but hoped for so much more than contrived witty dialog and evading an old fat queer.

GO ENGLAND............... :tdown:
4 out of 10 cans of banana milk..

Full disclosure, I ne'er was a Python fan either, british rock rules but brit comedy=natures dry faggoty more often or not...though Benny Hill and Dave Allen are aces. I was more of an SCTV type waiz fan.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
St. Hillaire
The Forsaken Mourning of Angelic Anguish

Re: Withnail and I : Over-rated? Discuss flick

Post by St. Hillaire »

I like it, but the Ralph Steadman cover and the first part before they went out to the country set it up to be way better than it turned out to be. The gay uncle could have been funnier, I think British people find unwanted homosexual advances funny in way that Americans do not. I liked when they didn't know how to kill a chicken.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

In all honesty the nuances are probably missed on someone non english.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

St. Hillaire wrote:I like it, but the Ralph Steadman cover and the first part before they went out to the country set it up to be way better than it turned out to be. The gay uncle could have been funnier, I think British people find unwanted homosexual advances funny in way that Americans do not. I liked when they didn't know how to kill a chicken.

yeah, the Steadman cover does put the bar into the stratosphere....

I didn't watch arms folded like black metallers at a mayhem show, I did laff it up here and there.

And yeah, I'm not British, fair enough. See, I can't fathom that a course of action for fat creepy queer wanting to cornhole you is "make up story that you cornhole and queer the fat guys nephew :? "... Think our american anti-ettiquette would just say, "fuck you old queer" and then gay bash him to death with a blunt object.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

yeah but the english are so polite, especially the middle classes so they have a kind of 'grin, bear, and ignore it', I think the difference is I knew students like the two protagonists, even in the early nineties people like that existed (and still do).
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Dr Yail Bloor wrote:yeah but the english are so polite, especially the middle classes so they have a kind of 'grin, bear, and ignore it', I think the difference is I knew students like the two protagonists, even in the early nineties people like that existed (and still do).

Alllrighty, you win... I'll add a couple more cans of banana milk to the review.