...to the other side!

Re: Hay Reeelapse Politicians

Post by Lord Darksoul »

11/12

College graduate average= 7/12 :drooly:
"Are you ready to be on ShitGummers.com, bitch?"
-Paparazzo Tom

"IT DA 69 MAN!"
-Whores, when they see me walking into da club.
necrothrash
I like to smell things.

Post by necrothrash »

ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:
necrothrash wrote:
Chevalier Mal Fet wrote:
Toxicarius wrote:
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:10/12

thought the unemployment was actually around 15%, and not the governmental lie of 10%
It's closer to 17%, but you gotta go with what the test expects. Once you have that figured out, the rest is a snap.
Ha, i love that you guys have discovered the higher rate, which is not actually the unemployment rate, as liberals have been using it for years. For example, under Bush, the unemployment rate was really 14% or whatever.

It's more and less accurate simultaneously. It is effectively the percentage of working age adults who are not working and while it includes legitimate victims of sustained economic malaise, i.e. those who gave up looking for work, and those who are working part-time when they'd rather work full-time, it also includes those who are not looking for work at all. So, for example your 15-17% includes extremely wealthy people who do not need work, disabled people who can't work, or work full-time, made no income this year, spouses who don't have a job, etc....
actually, i discovered the higher rate during the clinton years.

Link?
life experience
Ok I know a lot of people here treat you like a dumbass, but I'm not a judgmental guy. I mean, surely you're not going to claim that the population average of unemployment in America is specifically higher without any research at all to back it up your claim. Please share the discovery you made. Because you know your "life experience" is pretty much limited to a population of one :?
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Chevalier Mal Fet »

necrothrash wrote:
life experience
Ok I know a lot of people here treat you like a dumbass, but I'm not a judgmental guy. I mean, surely you're not going to claim that the population average of unemployment in America is specifically higher without any research at all to back it up your claim. Please share the discovery you made. Because you know your "life experience" is pretty much limited to a population of one :?
I think you guys are talking past each other, which is not hard to do with Twaddletard, there are two rates.

The total unemployment rate - every working age adult who doesn't have a job for any reason whatsoever - the higher rate currently at around 15-17%.

The standard unemployment rate quoted in the news includes only those unemployed who the statisticians can determine actually want/need to be employed, as in are trying and failing to get jobs, currently around 10% which is included in the higher number.

So yes 17% of working age Americans don't have jobs right now, or are 'underemployed' in part time jobs, but only 10% of Americans want/need a job and can't find one.
Dudes - check out my record: https://linktr.ee/illuminihilation
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Chevalier Mal Fet wrote:[
So yes 17% of working age Americans don't have jobs right now, or are 'underemployed' in part time jobs, but only 10% of Americans want/need a job and can't find one.
That's the official story.

It really depends on one's town, state, region, community, whatever. The unemployment rate here in Raleigh is higher than the national average...but if you talk to people around here they say, "Oh, but surely we'll be one of the first regions to recover because of the type of jobs we have here!" Uh, no.

IMO we're going through a massive paradigm shift in the way our economy is put together. No one really knows where we'll end up, what's going to happen to "traditional" sources of employment, etc. You'll hear a lot of supposedly researched opinions...but none of these people can see the future.
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

Bored, Esq. wrote: IMO we're going through a massive paradigm shift in the way our economy is put together. No one really knows where we'll end up, what's going to happen to "traditional" sources of employment, etc. You'll hear a lot of supposedly researched opinions...but none of these people can see the future.
Oddly enough most of the positive news is coming out the manufacturing sector, the last place you'd expect it these days. If green energy takes off, it could return a lot of manufacturing to this country, similarly as China starts to consume it's own goods the cost of imports will go up and might drive a return to manufacturing in the US again. I don't think call center outsourcing is coming back but who wants those jobs anyway. The jobs recovery always lag the profits recovery in our system, since hiring won't start again until the shareholders are satisfied that their margins have returned to acceptable levels. But thanks to 'bipartisanship', Obama had to make almost half the stimulus tax cuts, instead of more public works projects that would have had a lot more of a positive impact all around.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Chevalier Mal Fet wrote:If green energy takes off, it could return a lot of manufacturing to this country
Please tell me you don't really believe this.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

the future of non-service industry work is independent and or temp contractors. its already widespread in many countries but it'll keep growing. I know people say 'slippery slope' is a fallacy, but fuck that. once a few major companies display to others how easy it is to get rid of or pick up dispensable workers, very few are going to see the traditional employee model as desirable.

HAVING SAID THAT... if the average college graduate gets a 7 on that quiz, maybe we're just dumb enough to deserve permanently shitty jobs.
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

Agree with Spooky's assessment of the test, American intelligence, there were maybe two-three questions on that test that anyone with a functioning brain should have gotten wrong, like the RNC chairman one.
Bored, Esq. wrote:
Chevalier Mal Fet wrote:If green energy takes off, it could return a lot of manufacturing to this country
Please tell me you don't really believe this.
Maybe not necessarily manufacturing, where I may have misspoke, which I think will come back subject to developing nations both expanding their manufacturing base and consuming their own goods, or the region around them consuming the goods of the highly developed nations.

But I do believe in the green recovery in the short term and economy in the long term, the more money we don't spend on foreign oil, even if it's a difference of say 2%, 5%, then 10% then 20%, keeps money here to be spent here which will create jobs. Also regardless of where the tools of alternative energy are being built they will have to be installed here and that is really an entire renovation of the infrastructure we are describing, which will have to be planned, coordinated and implemented in every home, neighborhood, city, county and state.