A formula for orthodox black metal

Music posts are a bannable offense.
mastoman
How's them beans, ma?

A formula for orthodox black metal

Post by mastoman »

“Orthodox” black metal is very popular at the moment, though is rapidly reaching saturation point if it hasn’t already done so. The likes of Watain and Ondskapt have signed to major labels (relatively speaking, that is) and there are countless imitators of the imitators.

Scientists at the Ohio State Institute of Metal Fail have been studying this tiresome phenomenon since about 2004, and have discovered a succinct formula and breakdown of “orthodox” black metal (concentrating on the main Swedish exponents), which is as follows:

Dissection + Mayhem 1989-1993 + misused Latin + random bible quotes x “orthodox” image + 70’s heavy metal/rock + any old random shit (artist’s choice) = orthodox black metal.

The Institute’s experts have also calibrated a detailed breakdown of “orthodox” black metal in terms of percentages:

25% (the trve) Mayhem, 25% Dissection, 10% random shit, 20% image, 10% Marduk, 5% homosexuality, 5% tracing paper.

The scientists also noted that the percentage quota may vary slightly between individual bands, especially in the case of Mortuus (of Marduk) aka Arioch’s band Fragrant Mist, where the “random shit” percentage may be as high as 60-70%.

Dr. Marcus She-Ra, head of the Ohio State Institute of Metal Fail said: “Bands like Watain, Ondskapt and probably Ofermod, who started this whole thing in the first place, had a certain potential, but they did not live up to it. Our research indicates that these so-called ‘orthodox’ bands do not really understand how an album like ‘De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas’ is constructed and merely seek to emulate it in as simple a way as possible, adding other random elements to widen audience appeal or just because the artists are fucking idiots. In other words these bands know how to appeal to the aesthetic sensibilities of 2nd wave black metal fans, however musically they only graze the surface without ever attaining the heights of their influences. In short, I would say ‘orthodox’ black metal on the whole is nothing but a sham, creating a very marketable product sourced in the kvlty aura of former underground teen-idols like Watain, but having no deeper essence or meaning. It’s all about the image, baby.”

When asked, the Watain camp refused to comment on the research, but did state that they had a lot of merchandise available (beer bottle openers, belt buckles, fan boy picture disks for each member of the band etc), hilariously quoting the following from the Temple ov Watain website:

Remember that wearing Watain merchandise means showing your support towards a divine form of art that has been and will always be rightfully feared and hated by humanity. It is a sign of loyalty or belonging to the hungry ones, the fearless and feared, the enemies of the world as we know it. Support the War!

http://www.antihumanism.com/
zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Re: A formula for orthodox black metal

Post by zzzzzzzz »

Send that to anus.com
Green Chamber
Nespithe

Post by Green Chamber »

zzzzzzzz wrote:Send that to anus.com
About two sentences in I could have guaranteed you that that's where it came from. Now I've finished the article and I am indeed willing to back that guarantee.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

not enough big words that make no sense for an Anus.com article..
Green Chamber
Nespithe

Post by Green Chamber »

zombiehead wrote:not enough big words that make no sense for an Anus.com article..
Check the link brah
Lord Beguile
JOSH

Post by Lord Beguile »

mastoman wrote:25% (the trve) Mayhem, 25% Dissection, 10% random shit, 20% image, 10% Marduk, 5% homosexuality, 5% tracing paper.
This was funny, the rest was shit.
Bored013 wrote:I've spoke to a few girls after they've been raped...there is of course the pain, the violence, the degradation...but there is also the question. "Why did he leave?"
hana maru wrote:..i've dealt with tiny dicked men pounding on my girl parts for minutes at a time.
necrothrash
I like to smell things.

Post by necrothrash »

Don't know if it has been posted here before, but I thought the blog in question did a good job with this post......

http://www.antihumanism.com/2009/09/new ... e-preview/

Yep, exclusive to Antihumanism.com, we’ve got the skinny on Darkthrone’s new audio turd.

See below for a full track from their new album, “Total Deaf” (uploaded to youtube for convenience and so you won’t have this crap saved onto your hard drive).

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3XSKyJ_ ... r_embedded<

Tracklisting:

1. No feelings (no ideas)
2. Nostalgic nerd
3. Rehashed trash
4. Mailsorting post office punks
5. Park benches and cheap slags
6. Fuck Off and Buy
7. Total contempt, norse norse norse

Lyric excerpt:

“No Feelings (No Ideas)” from the album “Total Deaf” (Peaceville 2009)

No feelings inhabit my dark soul
No feelings, just Rock ’n’ Roll
I can’t think of anything to say
But I’ll fucking say it anyway

No feelings
Dead inside
No feelings
Like I died
No feelings
Hide the tears
No feelings
No ideas

Thanks to Cargést
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

necrothrash wrote:Don't know if it has been posted here before, but I thought the blog in question did a good job with this post......

http://www.antihumanism.com/2009/09/new ... e-preview/
ahahah I like how some of the responses to this post are like "hey you assholes, this is fake! this is the album cover for a golers album. explain yourselves!" ahahah fuck new darkthrone its so shitty hahahahah.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
mithrandir
It's my lucky day!

Post by mithrandir »

not even sure what it was myself, I thought Countess gui came up with this? none of the bands associated with this are good anyway, who cares?
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad