Twin Peaks, new edition thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Pop1287
Unquestionable Presence

Twin Peaks, new edition thread

Post by Pop1287 »

Usual revisit at this time of year, get in touch (PM) if you don't have the DVDs, pirated AVIs, etc. involved. I'll help out.

Let's do this thing to death. But right now (I'll give you a week), the pilot, first episode? Beware...you're going to see some sick fanboy shit...
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Re: Twin Peaks, new edition thread

Post by riley-o »

sick and fucking brutal fanboy shit... i'll watch a few favourite episodes and get back to this thread of vicious & crushing discussion in the next couple days...
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Pop1287
Unquestionable Presence

Post by Pop1287 »

riley-o wrote:sick and fucking brutal fanboy shit... i'll watch a few favourite episodes and get back to this thread of vicious & crushing discussion in the next couple days...
Yeah, I know...but I'll make this thread worthwhile if no one else will, don't worry. I'm in the mood for it. I'm in the mood for microanalysis, probably because I don't currently have some fat some vagina being lowered onto my face. Oh well. Let's make this work, brother...

Vancouver! Big awesome trees!
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Appreciated, yet I can't see revisiting this whole long drawn out thinkg more often then once a decade tops.

Need a decade to blow out the brain cells to forget how it all turns out. Still can't get down with that ending, which was hopeful of more seasons, so it lacked a true "wrap up this sucka" finish...
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i absolutely love the ending (particularly coupled with the ending of fire walk with me). unlike our old pal bored i don't tonight feel like getting into the subtleties and nanodissections but i'll say that given what a horrid low that the show had plummeted and wallowed in for a while in the second season, it felt like a perfect destruction. sure i wanted to know more about the lodges and the tangled mysteries of garland briggs, the log lady, deputy hawk etc etc but i never did like a solution as much as the riddle...
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

So....is this show good, or.....
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

riley-o wrote:i absolutely love the ending...

:fonz:
Mendicant
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Mendicant »

so what the fuck happened to Joan Chen? did she get turned into a piece of furniture? I can't quite remember but I can recall a big WTF?

ps: the end still makes me smile as I can exactly recall my emotions when I saw it even though it was nearly 20 years ago

pps: no matter how many times I've seen the whole series I still get a chill whenever Bob is on the screen
12 Months of Mao
opinionated sumbitch

Post by 12 Months of Mao »

Mendicant wrote:so what the fuck happened to Joan Chen? did she get turned into a piece of furniture? I can't quite remember but I can recall a big WTF?
I believe the explanation (never given in the show, but heard from someone else on this board, I believe) had to do with all the wood used in building the Great Northern Hotel being from the surrounding woods, thus infused with the essence of the Lodges. At that point Josie Packard was headed down an irreversible spiral, so that made it easy for Bob to get to her and pull her into the Black Lodge. Frankly, Harry should have had to shoot her to save Coop or something along those lines, but noooooooo, David Lynch had to run off to direct movies and leave the show in the incapable hands of Mark Frost. Actually, I should go back and check, because given my luck that episode will be directed by Lynch.

Funny that this thread should pop up today. Tonight at work I was considering movie/tv choices for later and thought about starting up Twin Peaks again. Instead I ended up having beers and playing Mario Kart with a buddy, but now I am resolved.
"I am a high-IQ mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy which characterizes my species!" - Drinky Crow
12 Months of Mao
opinionated sumbitch

Post by 12 Months of Mao »

Mendicant wrote:ps: the end still makes me smile as I can exactly recall my emotions when I saw it even though it was nearly 20 years ago
Also big "YES!" to this. All my friends and I began watching Twin Peaks in college and it was this multi-weekly, almost semi-religious meeting where everyone was sucked in. My future roommate and I, who were the most sucked in, had spent a good deal of time on the internet exploring various theories such as the importance of coffee and donuts, the role of the Log Lady, etc. And when it ended, everyone walked out of the room with ashen faces and headed down to the slab to smoke. It was like being at a hospital after everyone's just found out that their dad died.

This thread has also renewed my desire to get three triangles tattooed behind my ear. Garland Briggs, you rule.
"I am a high-IQ mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy which characterizes my species!" - Drinky Crow
Admiral Dick Fart
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Admiral Dick Fart »

I need to see season 2 because I have a copy of Fire Walk With Me just begging to be watched.
http://heavybreath.bandcamp.com
Heavy Breath, Hardcore for people who miss when Revelation and Victory were still putting out (good) shit
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

Major Briggs could be my favorite character from the show. I know a lot of people think that season two sucks, but after the Diane Keaton-directed episode, I really think it picked up. The black/white lodge storyline, the cave, the ring, and the way they all tie in with the movie is awesome. I'd like to hear more about what Riley thinks with regards to the ending and the movie. My mind always boggles near the end,
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
when Annie tells Laura about Cooper and the Black Lodge even though none of that's happened yet.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Cash
Gear in the Machine

Post by Cash »

Had watched the show through the demise of Leland like six months ago, and watched almost all the rest of it this weekend. I agree with Luke, it picks up again somewhere around the Keaton-directed ep. Really loving the last chapter for sure, and looking forward to the Lynch-directed finale. The mind boggles at the potential quality the show could have attained had Lynch directed every one.

The Windom Earle portion makes it all the more blatant how heavily Lost borrowed...

I'm loving the "rising stars" that - although mediocre actors in the real world - seem like Oscar contenders in the world of Twin Peaks, e.g. Heather Graham, Billy Zane.

Can anyone else name the three actors who appeared on both Twin Peaks and Sex & the City? Sup. If there are other multi-show crossovers I'd love to hear them.

Finally, Shelley edges out Audrey for most bangable. You Horneites can have the cankles all to yourselves.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Its about to be replayed in full on pay tv.

I always remember being into it and then eventually it just lost me. Idid see Fire Walk With Me etc, but there was something about the last third or so of the series I felt was realy laboured and painful.

I will rewatch - it's been 15 or whatever years since it was on.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Lord Bored
You're going to get what you deserve

Post by Lord Bored »

Cash wrote:Shelley edges out Audrey for most bangable.
THANK YOU
Repeater
DO THE DEW!

Post by Repeater »

I just finished watching it this summer for I think my tenth time. Time wasted; no. Though I do fast forward through James' story in season 2 because it's just awful. The episode in question about Josie:

Not directed by Lynch I'm sure of it. Her soul gets trapped in the wood of the Great Northern hotel. Later, when Audrey is trying to meet up with Jack she gets Pete Martell to take her. Pete is standing in the lobby of the hotel looking at the wood mantle and singing a song about Josie because he can feel and see her in the wood.

My thoughts about what would've/should've happened after the show finished:

Sarah Palmer goes to the R&R with Dr. Jacoby to deliver a message to Major Briggs. She's clearly inhabited by a being from the lodges (Windom Earle), and says, "I'm in the black lodge with Dale Cooper. I'm waiting for you." Now, Briggs is clearly the man. He's disappeared multiple times for days on end on trips to one or both of the lodges, and has come back everytime. When he disappeared His commanding officer said "Garland Briggs is the best pilot I've ever known. He was BORN with hardware most of us only dream about. I can tell you this; his disappearance has implications that go so far beyond national security, the Cold War seems like a case of the sniffles."

Clearly the plan was for Briggs to go in there and wreck shit and save Cooper.

The only that rubs me about this aspect of things is that in FWWM (which was MADE after the series) Annie tells Laura to write in her diary that the good Dale is trapped in the lodge. However, by the time this information would be relevant, the case of Laura Palmer's death had been solved and therefore her diary would never come up again. And let's face it, Truman is no Cooper (he even says at one point he feels like Watson to Coop's Holmes). Beyond that, most of the diary had been shredded by the shut-in Harold Smith so it's probably unavailable or unassembled (and in the real world irrelevant to the matters at hand) so it really never needs to come up in the movie, even though as stated earlier "it is cool".
The world may seem cruel. The worldly may hate us. In time we will show the world why the world made us.

Check out The MPLS Henrys!
Astronaut
I like to smell things.

Post by Astronaut »

who wants to share the entire (good) set with me for a modest price?
Britton
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by Britton »

Astronaut wrote:who wants to share the entire (good) set with me for a modest price?

What's the "good" set? I have two of the gold box sets and need them both to be able to watch all the episodes due to so many skipcase.ping due to a manufacturing flaw in the DVD
Krieg wrote:Fucking Skyclad killed Leslie Nielsen.
Lord Bored
You're going to get what you deserve

Post by Lord Bored »

Pisscubes wrote: It still blows me away that this show made it to a second season-- it's not the kind of thing that the American public would really let live through even one season.
It was the last time that would ever happen.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

I usually watch the series once every couple years and drool over Sherilynn Fenn
Bored777
Hetero as hell...

Post by Bored777 »

Yeah, doing it again this year starting now. Got the pilot and the first 2 eps lined up for tonight...

It's gonna get out there...
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

T O))) M
Streetcleaner

Post by T O))) M »

When David Bowie was yelling about "Judy" in Fire Walk With Me that was supposed to be Josie's twin sister in Seattle.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

amirite?
Repeater
DO THE DEW!

Post by Repeater »

T O))) M wrote:When David Bowie was yelling about "Judy" in Fire Walk With Me that was supposed to be Josie's twin sister in Seattle.
We're not gonna talk about Judy.
The world may seem cruel. The worldly may hate us. In time we will show the world why the world made us.

Check out The MPLS Henrys!