Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: Twin Peaks, new edition thread

Post by The Bill »

Spoilers Below:

The refereed to dreams here are not "I'm asleep dreams". More like a distorted memory because reality itself has just changed. I'm not sure if it's as simple as a Back to the Future butterfly effect timeline thing or some comic book style multiverse. There's a conflict since Palmer's dead body disappears suggesting a history rewrite, yet Coop is able to travel into some sort of alternate universe, suggesting splintering timelines. Unless, the alternate universe is actually the Black Lodge's own separate universe or some such madness. Then again, this is Lynch. While I'm a big fan, I believe half the time his stuff is just random shit he sees, awake or asleep. Then he just cobbles them all together in some Ed Wood fashion, and it's up to us to sort through this mess for meaning.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I'm pretty sure Coop drove into some terror world with Diane inhabited by Judy, who makes BOB look like a teenage shoplifter
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

the real question we should be asking ourselves is whether or not Otis was drinking pickle juice.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

The Bill wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:33 am Spoilers Below:

The refereed to dreams here are not "I'm asleep dreams". More like a distorted memory because reality itself has just changed. I'm not sure if it's as simple as a Back to the Future butterfly effect timeline thing or some comic book style multiverse. There's a conflict since Palmer's dead body disappears suggesting a history rewrite, yet Coop is able to travel into some sort of alternate universe, suggesting splintering timelines. Unless, the alternate universe is actually the Black Lodge's own separate universe or some such madness. Then again, this is Lynch. While I'm a big fan, I believe half the time his stuff is just random shit he sees, awake or asleep. Then he just cobbles them all together in some Ed Wood fashion, and it's up to us to sort through this mess for meaning.
riley-o wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:10 pm I'm pretty sure Coop drove into some terror world with Diane inhabited by Judy, who makes BOB look like a teenage shoplifter
I'm pretty much wavering between these points of view, most especially just Lynch falling in love with his own ideas/head up his ass
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Ray wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:00 am They went full Mulholland Drive in that last episode...not sure I like how Lynch always turns to "identities within dreams" stuff but I did like how it ended. Even if I'm not sure what it suggests.
Carrie/Laura's "awakening" still gives me the chills when I think of it. The cut back to Cooper's face as she starts to scream was also brilliant. It was everything I wanted to feel at the end of a new Twin Peaks series.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

someone needs to upload the bit from the Event Series extras where Al Strobel explains his phantom pains to Lynch.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

There’s nothing on and I think I’ll rewatch all the Twin Peaks, just skipping season 2’s episodes after 8, until the final two. I reread my theory above in this post and can’t remember what I was even referring to besides Lynch just Lynch-ing.

I might watch this fool’s take, just for fun, first: