:tup: just discovered this myself.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: RECOMMEND PODCASTS, bub.

Post by james »

A LIFE WELL-WASTED

is the coolest thing ever and you should all listen to it

http://alifewellwasted.com/podcast/

definitely on some kinda NPR tip but it's all about video game culture and oddities, and the guy makes all the music himself so sometimes the interviews just turn into some weird idm remix of themselves as they're happening

and he makes cool graphics to go with each one!

Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Scumfucker
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Scumfucker »

mysteriousuniverse.org

Pretty good podcast about technology and oddity news. They follow alleged paranormal and ufo and all that stuff. The nice thing is these guys appear to be sane skeptics.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

No Cunting Elves
Choclit Sunrize
Static Migration

Post by Choclit Sunrize »

THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

A Life Well Wasted - it's about video games, but the dude has really interesting topics - check it out:

Episode One: The Death of EGM
Robert Ashley talks to former Electronic Gaming Monthly writers and editors about their experiences at the long running magazine.

Episode Two: Gotta Catch ‘em All
Robert Ashley explores the world of collectors and archivists, visiting a massive underground collection of videogames, a vintage pinball museum, and a program at Stanford University that hopes to save the history of online gaming.

all in all, there are six episodes, and all of them are great.

http://alifewellwasted.com/
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

I'm a podcast Noob, but it's been taking over my workday as of late. I have about 8 in rotation. Mostly gaming ones. So far my favorite is The Bombcast (Giant Bomb).
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
escape goat
I like to smell things.

Post by escape goat »

The Moth – true stories told live without notes

These are not entirely bad places to start:
http://www.bakadesuyo.com/attempting-to ... ing-to-cra
http://www.bakadesuyo.com/mike-birbigli ... ng-podcast

And if you want to try radiolab, I don't think there's a better place to start than the limits episode, although maybe it sets the bar a bit high.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Pisscubes wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote:I'm a podcast Noob, but it's been taking over my workday as of late. I have about 8 in rotation. Mostly gaming ones. So far my favorite is The Bombcast (Giant Bomb).
The 1Up: Games Dammit podcast is really good one for games. They've restructured so each episode is about one subject. Sometimes a game, sometimes about a kind of game, sometimes themes like "Are there any new ideas out there or just sequels?", etc. It's pretty thoughtful and a nice change of pace from the increasingly horrible IGN ones. I hate to sound like a dude on the internet here, which I am, but fuck I think some of the dudes are on the take. That Playstation show... jesus, it's like SOny is just standing there in the room with them putting down money everytime they suck the companies dick again.
Oh man the IGN ones are so bad. I don't like any other the professionally done ones that are obviously paid off, or brand specific. Terrible shit. My favorites are the ones that are the least organized or time restrictive.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
godofdeadlydeath

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

If you like professional wrestling, or have ever liked it, I have to recommend Colt Cabana's "The Art of Wrestling" podcast. He's pretty funny, but his interviews and the stories he gets out of people are just incredible. I highly recommend the latest MVP episode, as well as Tommy Dreamer, and any episodes featuring Domino (aka Cliff Compton) are top-notch. Even the interview with ICP was good.

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

The Art of Wrestling is the only podcast I bother with

it's a weekly podcast by professional wrestler and comedian Colt Cabana... he rambles a bit about what's going on in his professional life, plays a wrestling-related song, then a pre-recorded 40-50 minute shoot interview with a guest... only, unlike most shoot interviews which take a question-answer format, he and the guest basically shoot the shit and chat, usually about wrestling but sometimes other things (for example, last week's show with MVP was mostly about MVP's life before wrestling, growing up in the ghetto, getting drawn into gangs and crime, and doing almost 10 years in prison for armed robbery)

I check it out if the guest and/or the write-up interests me, which is about 2/3 or the time

it's on iTunes and welovecolt.com but I go to http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/ where there's the full archive
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

godofdeadlydeath wrote:If you like professional wrestling, or have ever liked it, I have to recommend Colt Cabana's "The Art of Wrestling" podcast. He's pretty funny, but his interviews and the stories he gets out of people are just incredible. I highly recommend the latest MVP episode, as well as Tommy Dreamer, and any episodes featuring Domino (aka Cliff Compton) are top-notch. Even the interview with ICP was good.

haha, god dammit, that's what I get for pausing mid-post to do something else...

actually, I think I found this podcast after reading you mention it somewhere else, so thanks for that :cheers:

and yeah, I think the Tommy Dreamer one was my favorite, it was awesome to hear how much of a mark that guy is... I also loved the PAC episode, especially the bit at the end when PAC fully opened up about his insecurities
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
godofdeadlydeath

Broken Into Pieces wrote:
godofdeadlydeath wrote:If you like professional wrestling, or have ever liked it, I have to recommend Colt Cabana's "The Art of Wrestling" podcast. He's pretty funny, but his interviews and the stories he gets out of people are just incredible. I highly recommend the latest MVP episode, as well as Tommy Dreamer, and any episodes featuring Domino (aka Cliff Compton) are top-notch. Even the interview with ICP was good.

haha, god dammit, that's what I get for pausing mid-post to do something else...

actually, I think I found this podcast after reading you mention it somewhere else, so thanks for that :cheers:

and yeah, I think the Tommy Dreamer one was my favorite, it was awesome to hear how much of a mark that guy is... I also loved the PAC episode, especially the bit at the end when PAC fully opened up about his insecurities
The "deleted scene" at the end of the Tommy Dreamer ep, where we get a happy ending to his Bob Backlund story, was fantastic. His story about having to play the character that assassinated the President of the Bahamas was absolutely insane. I still haven't heard the PAC one yet. I have every one of them downloaded, but sometimes I skip ahead if I'm not too familiar with the wrestler. My goal is to listen to them all at one point. I think I have about 10 left to go.

Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

godofdeadlydeath wrote:
Broken Into Pieces wrote:

The "deleted scene" at the end of the Tommy Dreamer ep, where we get a happy ending to his Bob Backlund story, was fantastic. His story about having to play the character that assassinated the President of the Bahamas was absolutely insane. I still haven't heard the PAC one yet. I have every one of them downloaded, but sometimes I skip ahead if I'm not too familiar with the wrestler. My goal is to listen to them all at one point. I think I have about 10 left to go.
Fuck yes, to both those Tommy Dreamer stories.

The PAC one is really awesome, check it out for sure. And check out some PAC matches, he's easily one of the best juniors in the world.

I didn't check out every single episode, but I did go back through them starting from #1 and checked out all the ones that grabbed my interest. Claudio Castagnoli stands out in my memory as a slightly earlier episode that I found really fascinating.
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
godofdeadlydeath

Got into Comedy Bang! Bang! after seeing one of the TV episodes on demand. I think the episode I've laughed at the most was the "Farts & Procreation" episode with Harris Wittels, Adam Scott and Chelsea Peretti. The episode with Bobby Moynihan as the orphan named Fourvel and "Andrew Lloyd Webber" is my favorite of all time, though.

Anything with James Adomian or Andy Daly is usually good, too. Also been getting into Doug Benson's "Doug Loves Movies" podcast; not always the funniest thing in the world, but the games are usually enjoyable.

WTF is solid, depending on the guest.

Hostage Grenade II
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by Hostage Grenade II »

If your a fan of the Rogan podcasts with Mr. Joey Diaz, then check out Joey Diaz's own podcast with his comedian female co-host. Its called Beauty and the Beast. I just discovered it today. He NEVER talks about his podcast on Rogans show...

I downloaded a few last night and cranked one up on the way to work. Joey Diaz is such a great story teller and his banter with this female cohost is pretty smooth. Not annoying at all. She can be pretty entertaining herself. Check a few out. Good stuff.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Nerdist is pretty okay most of the time.
ImageImageImage
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

Yep, Joey's podcast is good.. gotta love that guy.

I also dig yourmomshousepodcast with Christina Pazsitzky and Tom Segura - even though they're mostly goofy. Top dog's shit stories are godly though.
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
Hostage Grenade II
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by Hostage Grenade II »

Oh and a couple more....

The Duncan Trussel Family Hour Podcast. Good stuff. I wouldnt mind if he got rid of those self indulgent very long intros...but nonetheless it has its moments.

Also, the Warrior Poet podcast hosted by Aubrey Marcus. Also an occasional guest on Rogans podcast and also the guy behind Onnit Labs. His subject material is all over the place. A Very well informed guy who's very easy to listen to. I really enjoyed the last couple of his podcasts. One where he did the podcast with his buddy down in the amazon documenting his Ayahuasca journey. Another where he had the guy who produced DMT: The Spirit Molecule. Very awesome conversation.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

yeah, Duncan can be ok in small doses, but he gets on my nerves too much.. I can't really listen to him much anymore.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

Oh gotta add Harland Williams, Harland Highway podcast rules.
Scumfucker

Post by Scumfucker »

I gotta say that I find myself listening most often to Adam Carolla.
MrPhage
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by MrPhage »

The Smartest Man In The World with comedian Greg Proops

http://smartest.libsyn.com/

Sick And Wrong

http://www.sickandwrongpodcast.com/
NANOplague
I'm not very smart.

Post by NANOplague »

Just started listening to the Bill Burr Monday Morning podcast. Fucking rules! I should have started listening sooner.
"Infidel defilers... they shall all drown in lakes of blood." ~ Thulsa Doom
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

I don't know if it was available before the IO6 update but I like that I can watch the 6:30 news on NBC with Brian Williams later at night via the video podcast. I usually get home when it's almost over and don't have Tivo, On Demand or a recorder.

I do listen to Adam Carolla almost every day but the rest is still just sports. Dan Patrick, Loose Cannons, Around the Horn & PTI etc.