Scott Pilgrim vs. The World should get an award......

Music posts are a bannable offense.
kmfcm
I hate my life.

Re: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World should get an award......

Post by kmfcm »

yeah

kids I know were creaming thier jeans over it because of all the old school video game references and shit

*sigh*
dorks are so fucking gullible
(it's why Munn had a job)
"the fuck is this?, the fuck is that?"
kmfcm
I hate my life.

Post by kmfcm »

. . . I know right?

fuck
"the fuck is this?, the fuck is that?"
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

It's sometimes shocking how quickly I developed a typical 50 or 60 something year old's attitude about video games.
Haha,
Fields of Shit
Keep it thick...

Post by Fields of Shit »

I want to punch Michael Cera in the face.

The chick is cute though.
Look at that lighthouse. That's the ultimate expression of phallocentric technocracy violating Mother Sky.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

I wouldn't hold that against you. It's like me watching Treme for a couple episodes before realizing it was a stupid show about annoying people.
Haha,
Mendicant
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Mendicant »

The Torsion wrote:I wouldn't hold that against you. It's like me watching Treme for a couple episodes before realizing it was a stupid show about annoying people.
I have all the Tremes downloaded but still haven't watched any - should I just not bother? I don't even know what it's about other than New Orleans
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i didn't think it was terrible at all. it succeeded in doing what it wanted to do and i knew going in what it was going to be like. it's not my cup of tea obviously but it wasn't offensive at all. it's just one of those generation gap movies. you need to get a grip noah.

and we've talked about the fucking ellipses already and i'm not going to tell you again neither..
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i was actually thinking about watching it !

battle for my future
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
mastoman
How's them beans, ma?

Post by mastoman »

Who goes to a movie with Michael Cera in it thinking it has any chance of being good?
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

riles, seriously, you're not who this movie is geared towards and you're nowhere near being craven enough yet that you would select such an unworthy target for your ire. noah? noah's acting out some excessive ellipses fueled tard tantrum way up on his three legged high horse right now about something that is basically the teen equivalent of Twilight. i mean the guy practically worships Boris of all things. you're going to watch the thing with 1 or maybe 2 grains of salt like it's something in a snow globe from way far away and realize you're a fucking man and you don't need to get worked up about something that teen girls with a million zippers in their pants will shlick too. honestly, the fact that you were already thinking of seeing it based on stuff you saw accidentally about it already is really all we need to talk about here. if you weren't scared then, you certainly aren't going to be disappointed or offended like canuck-ofa over there..
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
generation gap: the movie
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

noah thirteen wrote:Oh sure a guy likes a couple of Boris records and suddenly that's somehow worse than loving the movie Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World starring Michael Cera..... pardon me but the next time you make some sort of off the cuff comment I'll think about you, sitting there laughing at Michael Cera making some reference to video games and I think we'll know the fucking score here fbts......
i'm pretty sure starting a thread about a movie in which you resort to such youtube-comment-section-level tactics as putting the word movie in quotations like thats some devastating attack is way past the zone of off the cuff dude

but yeah seriously id encourage you to maybe consider collectiing all your spilled ellipses and locking this thread because i'm pretty sure this is settled..

:theylive:
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Hey Noah. Not gonna see this flick then.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

for fucks sake noah, it's not like i'm choosing to. someone has to do something about this kind of petty shit? i'm just smashing you because you're throwing open handed slaps from down by your waist like hailmarys for attention it seems like. honestly, i'm afraid of what follows if you keep going down this road. next it's going to be threads about how lars ulrich is a jerk, how bam margera is a big doody head, and that hot topic sucks..

:drool:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

good god this thread turned out so awesome

i will say that this thread is making me want to see the movie just to see what all the hooplah's about

i mean it's not like slinky watching jonah hex or something, i can tell you exactly what's wrong with that movie without ever seeing it but this scott pilgrim movie looked like it could be sort of cute and sweet which between you guys and me i occasionally have a soft spot for. i hope you guys can still respect me... i still really enjoy vaginas believe it or not, but i'll certainly understand if you don't..
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

I just saw this for the first time a couple days ago and I was kinda disappointed. I liked all the goofy post-production shit, but the movie itself was way, way less funny than I thought it was gonna be. There was only like one part I laffed at and I can't even remember what that is now. Bummer.
White Like Jesus
How's them beans, ma?

Post by White Like Jesus »

I knew nothing about the comic or the movie when I saw it, and though I found it to be overlong, I had a good time. Probably not a very cool thing to say based on how this thread is shaping up. The fact that it's got hype behind it doesn't bother me, and neither did Michael Cera.
RHT
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by RHT »

:immediateresponsetothurberpost:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

RHT wrote: :immediateresponsetothurberpost:
you know i really don't think you know what the fuck you're talking about here...
Scumfucker
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Scumfucker »

Noah, does the shit factor have anything to do with you reading the comic first?

I've never read the comic or seen the flick.
RHT
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by RHT »

riley-o wrote:
RHT wrote: :immediateresponsetothurberpost:
you know i really don't think you know what the fuck you're talking about here...
Yeah I do.
:immediateresponsetothurberpost:
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

fallbacktostone wrote:riles, seriously, you're not who this movie is geared towards and you're nowhere near being craven enough yet that you would select such an unworthy target for your ire. noah? noah's acting out some excessive ellipses fueled tard tantrum way up on his three legged high horse right now about something that is basically the teen equivalent of Twilight. i mean the guy practically worships Boris of all things. you're going to watch the thing with 1 or maybe 2 grains of salt like it's something in a snow globe from way far away and realize you're a fucking man and you don't need to get worked up about something that teen girls with a million zippers in their pants will shlick too. honestly, the fact that you were already thinking of seeing it based on stuff you saw accidentally about it already is really all we need to talk about here. if you weren't scared then, you certainly aren't going to be disappointed or offended like canuck-ofa over there..
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
generation gap: the movie
:star: :star: :star: :star:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

NO YOU FUCKING DON'T ASSHOLE
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

:(
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

delmuerte wrote:I just saw this for the first time a couple days ago and I was kinda disappointed. I liked all the goofy post-production shit, but the movie itself was way, way less funny than I thought it was gonna be. There was only like one part I laffed at and I can't even remember what that is now. Bummer.
what a reasonable heterosexual review of this movie..
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

electronicham wrote:I accidentally VS the World