Nerdly Board Games?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
electronichamz
git help.

Re: Nerdly Board Games?

Post by electronichamz »

Man, I wish I was in Korea.

I bought Dark Souls with all the stretch goals. I am so stoked for it.
Hostage Grenade II wrote:Plastikman is actually not made of plastic
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

did you really get all teh boss packs as well, you decadent asshole...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

THE KILL wrote:
electronichamz wrote:CAVE EVIL
but is it a good game in itself? the whole BM asthethics is rad, no doubt, but how does it actually play?
Gameplay mechanics are solid. No repeating cards, and you get like 500 of them, so tons of variety. It's kind of tactical skirmish.

It's not being reprinted because the creators have a new standalone, expandable game called Warcults that's set to come out soon. Last update the game was done, but because they only print in the might USA, the printer places they use to craft their evil were tied up printing presidential evil instead.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

The 2nd edition of Mansions of Madness shits all over 1st ed. The app adds variety and does away with the shit keeper role of the original. You can even implement bits from the 1st edition for further variety, and several standalone 1st + 2nd editions scenarios.

Awaiting arrival of Arkham Horror the card game. By all accounts it's really good.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Went to the Spielwiesn 2016 in Munich and played boardgames for two days straight:
o Takenoko: wonderful game where you have to tend to a bamboo garden while a panda is eating all the shoots. Lot of fun, great components, perfect length, and it's dirt cheap at 24 Euros.

o Splendor: rather simple beer & pretzel game where you collect diamonds. Twas alright, artwork was fantastic though and the "poker chips" are very heavy and feel great.

o King of New York: A not too complex yahtzee-style game you can play in under twenty minutes. You pick a giant monster and trash houses and other monsters. Has cool chunky custom dice, artwork is awesome, and it was designed by Richard Garfield.
I always play this guy:

o Chez Geek: card game that simulates life in a share flat. I liked the humour and the game itself was solid. This review from boardgamegeek nails it IMO: "Ultimate game of slackness, smoke drugs, have sex anywhere to make some noise, tax cigarets and drink alcohol, become the slacker king of your flatsharing."
Got a different version (Chez Goth) dirt cheap at the flea market.

Played couple of other games, but they had German titles and I'm not even sure there are English versions. We also got the newest expansion for Colt Express, a game I can't recommend enough; you play train robbers in the wild west, and it has an action programming system slightly similar to Robo Rally. Check out the fucking train that come in the box:

Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

King Of New York is pretty damn fun.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Zombicide: Invader 7,5/10
Bought it for my birthday. It's definitely Zombicide, but I think it's got enough new stuff to be interesting and for me, it's also the best version (haven't yet played Green Horde, though). As usual, excellent production values (it's illustrated by Adrian Smith!), great minis. They did away with some stupid rules and the new rules like the Abomination contaminating every room it's in with mold (that also spawns enemies from time to time) are great. Since it takes place on a mining asteroid you can only go outside with an oxygen tank and all the weapons requiring oygen (like the flame thrower) don't work. Played the first mission, died, beat it on the second try. Cool shit.

Formula D - 8/10
Great racing game, excellent, simple rules, comes with shitloads of Formula D and racing cars and two beautiful race courses. Shifting gear alone is heaps of fun. New courses are stupidly expensive (25 to 30 Eurobucks for a board with a track on each side), but I still buy some from time to time. Best racing game I've ever played.

Joan of Arc 7ish/10
Friend of mine had kickstarted it. Only played one mission. Gives you lots of interesting, meaningful joices, and comes with tons of amazing miniatures in an interesting scale (15mm), but I'm not a huge tactical wargaming guy anymore. Sure is worth your money if you're into this stuff.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Missed this thread. Haven't bought any new boardgames in a long while. Got sucked back into Magic again hard, but just playing the commander format. If anyone is in pdx and interested in gameboard or commander hit me up.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

a world of no wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:58 pm Missed this thread.
No ya didn't :wink:
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

IS any of you kickstarting Zombicide 2nd edition? The only thing about it that interests me is the campaign. Anyway, let Danny Trejo explain to you why you should throw even more money at CMON than you already have:

THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

:wank:
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Why do woke tokens help you circumvent the realities of your birth and systemic misfortune???
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

I didn't even get that far into the video...
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

The new Conan boardgame kickstarter is online:

The new expansion contains over 50 new minis, a double sided gameboard, 7 new missions for adventure mode, and rules for coop/ single play + 6 missions for this mode. I'm in.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

FInally got around to playing Blitz Bowl. Looking forward to getting more into it. Liked it enough that I bought the amazingly well done Halfling team. Check out the sculpts:

THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Holy crap, they made an area control/ tactical board game based on Beksinski's art:
https://gamefound.com/projects/board-an ... ideos-5155
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

The Real Thing RPG
Officially based on the music of Faith No More, this TTRPG is a Powered by the Apocalypse adaptation that is simple and gritty.

Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Hyper Light Drifter RPG:

THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Played Dune Imperium a couple of nights ago. I'm not really into heavy Euro games, but this one was fun. Many moving parts, pretty overwhelming in the beginning. I stumbled through the game and became Lord of Arrakis!

Star Wars Outer Rim: bought for a good price at a flea market since I'd heard that it plays a bit like Runebound, which I enjoyed. Turns out it's a really neat game with smooth flow, quick turns, exciting adventures, and many interlocking mechanisms and other bits and pieces (if your player character is Han Solo and you meet Chewbacca, you can get him for free etc.). Got home from the mate, and FOMO-ordered the expansion straight away.

Rail Raiders Infinite: it's really the piece of shit everybody says it is. Shame for the nice materials. Don't mind though, bought it for a tenner in a Christas sale a year ago.

Vagrant Song: interesting boss battler with dungeon crawler mechanics. Incredibly charming story (you're on a train to the afterlife and have to free traumatized souls so they can be reborn) and artwork (looks like a 1930s cartoon).