postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Re: Celebrity Gossip Thread

Post by postaddiction »

Joel Silver made some great movies
:lj:
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Eight Foot Manchild wrote:
- BB King is miserable. Pretty much any time he wasn't onstage, he looked damn near on the verge of tears, if not total collapse. The only words I heard him speak offstage was when the production manager asked him if he could get him anything, and he answered, without a trace of humor, "a woman". That's the blues, I guess.
R.I.P.
Wank night's cancelled
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

:(
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by postaddiction »

Cascade Whore wrote:
- BB King is miserable. Pretty much any time he wasn't onstage, he looked damn near on the verge of tears, if not total collapse. The only words I heard him speak offstage was when the production manager asked him if he could get him anything, and he answered, without a trace of humor, "a woman". That's the blues, I guess.
R.I.P.
:cheers: :cry: :tup:
:lj:
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

postaddiction wrote:
Cascade Whore wrote:
R.I.P.
:cheers: :cry: :tup:
Died the same day you made your Joel silver post :shock:
Wank night's cancelled
Eight Foot Manchild
Certified False.

Post by Eight Foot Manchild »

Eight Foot Manchild wrote:Scott Weiland was one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Complete douchebag, started ridiculously late, took a ridiculously long intermission, sounded like shit, his band and crew hate him.

90's, please die already.
RIP
d.hellion
Unquestionable Presence

Post by d.hellion »

Eight Foot Manchild wrote:Scott Weiland was one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Complete douchebag, started ridiculously late, took a ridiculously long intermission, sounded like shit, his band and crew hate him.

90's, please die already.
RIP
goner
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Haha awesome. To the gas chamber for every internet dork acting sad about a decades long junkie finally corpsing out.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Cascade Whore »

Wank night's cancelled
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I was really just shocked that guy was still alive. I thought he died years ago.

And I'm a little more shocked by all these people crawling out of the woodwork now saying they liked STP back in the day. They were literally so shitty, it almost made me like Pearl Jam because at least Pearl Jam weren't this bad.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Their first two albums were two of my first. Boy, did they not hold up.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Cascade Whore »

Wank night's cancelled
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Ill body
/
Ill will
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Eight Foot Manchild wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:35 pm SURPRISE FAMOUS PEOPLE I'M FUCKIN BACK ON THE SCENE

Let's kick off a new year of gossip with a blast from the past: Sinbad (remember him?) is culturally insensitive.

A lot of famous people come to the Berklee Performance Center. The box office people (more directly, the president and high end staff of the school) basically let them waltz into any show for free. George Clinton came once, so did Kevin Bacon. Bill Cosby on several occasions (more on them another time). But for some reason, Sinbad is the only one who seems to think he's welcome to come in and fuck about whenever he pleases, even when the theater isn't open and there's nothing going on there.

One time he came by when tryouts for some big concert were going on. The only people in the lobby were me and Olu, an ancient, decrepit Nigerian security guard who is very bitter about being an ancient, decrepit Nigerian security guard. Also, he's extremely racist against other black people. You can probably guess where this is going.

Sinbad rolls up talking on his cell phone, barely even acknowledges that he's being let into the theater. It's like he's going to work. This is routine for him. There is absolutely no reason for him to be here. He sits in the house for about five minutes, during which time Olu is mumbling to himself, clearly resentful of the fact that he's not allowed to kick Sinbad out.

Sinbad comes back to the lobby on his way out the door and does the worst thing he could possibly do: he starts joking around with Olu. He's goofing off, telling jokes, talking about the show he has later at another venue. Olu could not possibly give less of a fuck.

The next part is hard to describe, but imagine Sinbad flailing about, trying to get a laugh out of Olu, Olu just nodding and shifting his weight, and somewhere in the middle of this, he says:

"Yes, yes. Okay. Time to go," and sort of gestures to the door.

Sinbad is stunned, but finds this amusing, that some emaciated, hunchbacked old black dude with a funny accent and coke bottle glasses is telling him to leave. He keeps joking, but Olu isn't having it and they're talking over each other.

"Is time to go, yes? You see, the theater is closed. You cannot be here no more, see. Is time to go."

It culminates thusly: Sinbad plays the "don't you know who I am?' card, Olu persists in not giving a fuck. Sinbad begins to leave, but keeps talking as he's walking-

Sinbad: They didn't have no TV in Haiti then, huh?
Olu: You, you, you get out of here. I am not from Haiti, you ignorant man.
Sinbad: Can't hear you, man. We speak English here. (Referring to Olu's very thick accent)
Olu: Yah? Yah? Well I say niggah, you is ignant, yah? You unnastan now?

Sinbad by now is halfway out the door. He gives some kind of Rasta salute or something and says "have a good day".

Olu proceeds to give me a very long lecture about how angry he is with the general state of society at large and how he has two masters degrees back in Nigeria.

In retrospect, I guess this story was more about Olu than Sinbad.
This whole fucking thread is still such a gem. I thought about this story over the weekend and literally laughed out loud.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

whenever i see an out of order bathroom i assume its because aretha franklin clogged the shitter
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Eight Foot Manchild wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:19 am Bill Cosby "dirt" turned out to be nothing to holler about. After some fact checking, the short of it is he made Melissa Etheridge cry backstage by calling her unprofessional when they were hosting some kind of gala event. Fuck it. I shoulda just made something up.

welp
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

:lol:
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Ill body
/
Ill will
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

If that shit is true :shock:
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I saw that a little while ago, but I was so distracted by how gross and inauthentic MC Serch has become that I'll have to rewatch it to actually absorb the hammer knowledge

Like I feel MC Serch didn't used to be like that and now he is
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:32 am I saw that a little while ago, but I was so distracted by how gross and inauthentic MC Serch has become that I'll have to rewatch it to actually absorb the hammer knowledge

His Bushwick Bill story is hilarious

I can’t find it now because my internet sucks on my phone but there’s a picture of Bushwick Bill dancing with someone who looks exactly like S.E. Cupp
Ill body
/
Ill will
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

cxwx wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:46 am
Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:32 am I saw that a little while ago, but I was so distracted by how gross and inauthentic MC Serch has become that I'll have to rewatch it to actually absorb the hammer knowledge

His Bushwick Bill story is hilarious

:putin :moreawesome:
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

featherboa wrote: Wed May 13, 2015 9:03 pm Hey buds
I've been screamed at by a hysterical joel silver

I think hysterical is a no-no word now, but I don't know how else
Madeline Stowe once was slightly huffy with.
Ill body
/
Ill will