Celebrity Gossip Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Foot Manchild
Certified False.

Re: Celebrity Gossip Thread

Post by Eight Foot Manchild »

Sigh.....just goin through these ol stories. I still do stage work once in a blue moon, but alas...no more spying on Kenny G, nor being bossed around by Sully Erna's miniscule ass.

Should I have kicked Bill Cosby in the balls? These are the questions I ask.

And yes, that thing I said about Englebert Humperdinck is still 100% true. As is all gossip in this thread.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Eight Foot Manchild wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:54 am
And yes, that thing I said about Englebert Humperdinck is still 100% true. As is all gossip in this thread.
It took me a few minutes getting back to this, and am so fucking glad that I did :lol:
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

A guy I work with is studying grip work and has worked backstage during a local round of American idol auditions. This must have been around 2013/2104 because almost all the kids were singing “Let It Go” the main casting guy was from Australia and was getting real sick of hearing that song 50 times over and all the stupid delusional parents shocked when their no talent kid was rejected. I keep imagining crocodile Dundee swearing about poofta Disney wombats.
Ill body
/
Ill will
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

hipster holocaust wrote: Fri May 13, 2011 10:54 am
Eight Foot Manchild wrote:THIS JUST IN! LIVE ON THE SCENE EXCLUSIVE!

Lauryn Hill is greedy and vain. She has a huge pile of amps onstage that are just for decoration, including a Matchless Chieftan stack, 3 Marshall stacks (one with neon red tolex), a Hiwatt combo, an ancient-looking unknown brand combo that looks like an oven and two Vox combos. She's playing the whole show through a 30-watt Fender acoustic amp. I'm wondering if anyone would even notice if one of these JCM heads happened to vanish sometime in the course of the evening...
Never met her but I have a few friends that worked at The Mercer in SoHo while she was staying there. Apparently she didn't talk to any of the white people who worked there, and if she needed someone who was in fact white she would write her request down on a notepad and show it to the person she needed.

Thread delivers, I have a mess of celebrity stories after working in hotels over the years.

Amen to celebrities looking like shit in person...most at least...however Jessica Beal, Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Aniston are fucking gorgeous.

PS Eminem made us all sign waivers legally binding us not to look at him and only acknowledging him only if he approaches us. He also made us sign waivers after he left swearing that we didn't tell any of the tabloids about his personal shit. Man, fuck that guy.
Haha the "personal shit" was someone leaking to the Daily News or Post or some other stupid cumrag tabloid that he made us all sign waivers in the first place! That's right, the only fucking person in the entire three or four year span I worked in that industry had us sign not one, but TWO waivers. Even my douchebag tool boss at the time rolled his eyes about it :lol:

Jessica Biel was so hot it was one of the only times I was legit starstruck (I was hired because it was understood that I didn't really know, want to know, or give a shit about celebrity worship). Justin Timberlake was in and out every so often but never with her, so I see him walking up the street and say "hey man, welcome back!" I didn't notice anyone behind him at first, so he shakes my hand and says something like "hey nice seeing ya again, I brought someone this time" and presents her. I knew who she was mainly from grocery store tabloid shit and hated her show (my sisters watched it). Had no clue I'd turn into an idiotic deer in the headlights when she shook my hand and introduced herself. I hear a seemingly trippy and muffled "Hi I'm Jessica" and I don't think I even shook the hand, she did the work. As they passed me and went inside I managed to squeak out "...I...umuh, nice to meet you...!" to the back of her coat like 3 or 4 seconds later. She awkwardly turned back and smiled and went "um, hey..." Needless to say I was cursing myself the rest of the evening for acting like such a jackass.

I didn't really know Anne Hathaway at all and learned about her through google searches after she checked in. Insanely nice, always chatty and even introduced me to her extended family and dog. Absolutely stunning.

I was prepared for Jennifer Aniston to be a nightmare but she was the exact opposite. Super approachable and down to earth, talked about shooting at one of my favorite BK brunch spots at the time, plus she left us all with $300 and a signed card after leaving. Another person I was surprised to meet who was just as if not more good looking in person.

John Popper was surprisingly the only celeb who rolled up in a limo (everyone else preferred Escalades). He was mad nice, a good tipper, and even though he lost a ton of weight still pretty enormous. Too bad his music blows.

Harvey Weinstein worked next door and was in and out on a regular basis. Big surprise - total classless slob, would treat you like a doormat and grunt at you if you ever said hi to him, so I just stopped doing it altogether. Somehow, SOMEHOW he's even uglier in person. Once I remember looking outside and seeing a huge loogie just dangling out of his mouth while he was on the phone and him acting like it was completely normal. Think I got a fucking erection when all the sex abuse shit hit the fan, seeing him in court groaning while in a neck brace steering a walker put a spring in my step. Human version of a disease.

I can not stand Dave Matthews Band and was also expecting him (even secretly hoping) to be a total dickhead. He was the exact opposite. Complete gentleman, generous, would address me by name and and even ask for me personally if he needed any shit done. It doesn't change my opinion of his garbage music but it was one of the most pleasant surprises I've ever had, and I always looked forward to him coming back. Dudes in his band were cool also.

More to come.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

I'm pretty sure you've told that story about Harvey Weinstein being human garbage before but it's always nice to hear again.

I met some one who looked exactly like John Popper working the drive through of McDonald's. He was acting really goofy and had like a mannequin in his passenger seat.

Madeline Stowe was slightly annoyed with me on the phone.

A coworker at that same job was troubleshooting Missy Elliot's cellphone and he told her to take the battery out then put it down flip it and reverse it.
Ill body
/
Ill will
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

hipster holocaust wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:51 pm I can not stand Dave Matthews Band and was also expecting him (even secretly hoping) to be a total dickhead. He was the exact opposite.
:lol:

It's so weirdly frustrating when that happens. Not that this belongs in this thread or anything, but The Black Dahlia Murder played at a fest where I worked the stage a long time ago, and I've never again said anything bad about them since. Their "manager" was your classic self-important prick who thought he had to tell everyone their fucking job, and so I just ignored him and talked to the band directly, and it was basically like setting up with the opening act at some basement punk show. Zero attitude. Nicest guys ever. They were so nice it made me feel bad.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

spacehamster wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:45 pm
hipster holocaust wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:51 pm I can not stand Dave Matthews Band and was also expecting him (even secretly hoping) to be a total dickhead. He was the exact opposite.
:lol:

It's so weirdly frustrating when that happens. Not that this belongs in this thread or anything, but The Black Dahlia Murder played at a fest where I worked the stage a long time ago, and I've never again said anything bad about them since. Their "manager" was your classic self-important prick who thought he had to tell everyone their fucking job, and so I just ignored him and talked to the band directly, and it was basically like setting up with the opening act at some basement punk show. Zero attitude. Nicest guys ever. They were so nice it made me feel bad.
I remember them getting a lot of questionable hate on here, and not really knowing why. Seen em a few times and they always played like a bunch of dudes that did their homework to put on a hell of a show.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Jessica Simpson was just as ravishing as she was on TV.

After a Marc Jacobs event at the restaurant she came out to me, drunkly introduced herself, then politely asked if I could help her get a cab. I definitely wanted to help.

After about 10 seconds I hailed a cab. She screamed YOU JUST HAILED A CAB THE BEST I'VE EVER SEEEEEN and I opened the door for her. She tried getting in but tripped and fell onto the backseat. I just left her.

Walking away I heard cars honking so I looked back and there she was, legs flailing, with the guy she was with trying to get her into the cab and the cabbie trying to drive away with him screaming STOP SHE'S NOT IN (not knowing if he was a dick or he was unaware they were both in the cab).

It was a good night.

Side note, someone I worked with asked another coworker what Marc Jacobs will look like before his arrival. That person said he looked like a gaunt version of me. I took it as I look like a chubby version of Marc Jacobs.

I was correct.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

What was the story about some meatheads wanted to fight you and Joe Pesci offered to back you up if fists were thrown. And he was also drunk from what I remember.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Its the bitches thatll getchas
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

cxwx wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:26 pm What was the story about some meatheads wanted to fight you and Joe Pesci offered to back you up if fists were thrown. And he was also drunk from what I remember.
Haha I forgot I posted about that, probably because it was over a decade ago when I posted it
hipster holocaust wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 am i worked the door at an upscale hotel in TriBeCa a few years ago. he would come out with a smoke and bullshit with me occasionally, one day we were outside this wasted dude walked by us and stopped, looked at me and went 'whatta fucker you lookin at?' i tried ignoring him but he kept on being a douchebag. i told him to move it along but he didn't listen, then he saw and recognized joe and started harassing him. i ran in and told front desk to call security and by the time i came out again i figured they were gonna be beating the shit outta one another (joe was half in the bag too). quite contrary, the dude was hugging pesci and crying about his family and shit hahaha. at this point two people swept this asshole up and apologized profusely for his antics as they walked away with him.

as he was walking away i said something to the effect of 'what an asshole. i thought you guys were gonna rumble.' joe says 'i coulda handled him. i was getting ready to swing at him when he was harassing you.'

joe pesci has my fucking back.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

man

trying to imagine seeing jessica biel in person as a surprise at that time
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

hipster holocaust wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:46 pm
I remember them getting a lot of questionable hate on here, and not really knowing why. Seen em a few times and they always played like a bunch of dudes that did their homework to put on a hell of a show.
I honestly can't remember what they sounded like. I think for me it was more about them being an even more balls-less latterday At the Gates clone than the Metalcore-sounding name and the fact that they looked vaguely hipster-ish, but... ah, what the fuck, I already feel like an idiot just thinking about this.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.