Wiisconsin "Well, you'll work hard with a gun in your back"

Music posts are a bannable offense.
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: Wiisconsin "Well, you'll work hard with a gun in your ba

Post by monsterod »

Whatever BRO just be happy you're working at all. Every job is a gift.
turn these off meatman.
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Post by bundlesofvitals »

So uhhh...the Walker administration claimed that the protesters had caused $7 million in damage during they time they were were in the capitol, which was mostly an effort to get them out of there. Check out their awesome estimate documentation...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolit ... 51264.html

I'm still waiting to see how the WI law will affect my pay. It's tied up in the courts, but when it goes through, it could be retroactive, which would lead to like a $12 check for me. :awesome:
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

I gotta say, I REALLY don't think this is going to stick. They broke too many rules, right out in the open. LaFollette said on Maddow that they s hould just start over and do it right, that it would be cheaper, but that they may not have the votes to do it. Anyways, since I'm sure at least a few of you are too lazy to read everything I post on facebook, this is what the Dane County GOP said about the judge who blocked the law (twice now):
archpigs wrote:RPDC Apologizes To Judge Sumi

The Republican Party of Dane County sent out a press release on March 29th criticizing Judge Maryann Sumi for holding up the publication of Governor Scott Walker’s collective bargaining reform bill. Upon further reflection we’d like to apologize for not understanding her point of view.

Sure, Governor Walker’s bill is unquestionably constitutional, increases worker’s rights and helps local government balance budgets without having to fire public workers. The Wisconsin state legislature consulted with their non-partisan parliamentarian to make sure that the passage of the bill followed the rules of the Senate and Assembly. But this isn’t about the law, is it?

The Republican Party of Dane County recognizes that Judge Sumi is a leftist living in Dane County. Her friends are leftists living in Dane County. Her son is a left wing activist in Dane County. She goes to cocktail parties held by leftists in Dane County. She shops at organic gourmet food shops run by leftists living in Dane County. If she were to enforce the law of Wisconsin and do what was in the best interest of the people of Wisconsin, she’d be exiled from her lifestyle. She’d lose her friends!

The leadership of the Republican Party of Dane County have all made the choice to stand against the Dane County elite. We accept that Left feels righteous vandalizing our homes and keying our cars. It's only fair. We disagree based upon logic and principle. That is intolerable! We prioritize the Constitution and the well being of the people of Wisconsin over foie gras at cocktail parties. That’s the choice we made. We respect Judge Sumi’s decision to live her life with the rich diversity that liberals cherish.
Yep. That's real. I thought it was a joke at first... http://www.danegop.org/latestnews.aspx
fvkk
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Yep. The party currently running most of my state has LOST ITS FUCKING MIND.
fvkk
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Yeah…Walker, etc. lied in order to demonize “union thugs” (hell yeah I’m a thug for once)…meanwhile, unions have volunteered to do the (simple) repairs, paining, etc. for free. Straight up thugs.

“We respect Judge Sumi’s decision to live her life with the rich diversity that liberals cherish.”

What the fuck does that even mean?! Sounds like they’re saying, “diversity…eh…not for us really.” Damn liberal cocktail parties…the bane of our society…
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Maybe they watched The Goode Family and thought it was real...
fvkk
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

and who could blame 'em? i mean king of the hill was pretty spot on....
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Nothing makes me angrier than foie gras.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

I'm a member of the area co-op. In addition to discounts on local items, owner only sales, and lower fees for classes, I get shipments of champagne, truffles, and foie gras every other Tuesday. I am positively incensed at the level of breeding of the horses they give to new members.
fvkk
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Pisscubes wrote:
bundlesofvitals wrote:Yeah…Walker, etc. lied in order to demonize “union thugs” (hell yeah I’m a thug for once)…meanwhile, unions have volunteered to do the (simple) repairs, paining, etc. for free. Straight up thugs.

“We respect Judge Sumi’s decision to live her life with the rich diversity that liberals cherish.”

What the fuck does that even mean?! Sounds like they’re saying, “diversity…eh…not for us really.” Damn liberal cocktail parties…the bane of our society…
I love the constant implications that the left are the ones up in ivory towers all the time and the the right, in the case protecting the interests of the rich, are the people in the trenches with the real men.
yes, especially in the southern states.
I think it's because of the military.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

military men and "christian values"

of course you really dont tend to hear about the bizzarro world version of him: irreligious, pro-abortion, pro-race-mixing, pro-ethnic food, gun-totin' good ol' boys.

theres plenty of those, but they tend to be 40 and younger and almost never part of the entrenched old-boy power structure.
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolit ... 08059.html

1.5 million votes and 204 seperate the candidates. :shock: Prosser was up 30 points in February (pre-Walker removing union rights). I'm sure the recounts and appeals will go on forever...
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Yeah, I have a conservative coworker who, when Prosser was ahead, was saying that "the people have spoken", "let democracy work" etc. etc. and that Kloppenburg should let it go without a recount. Now that she's ahead he's saying there must have been fraud and we should have a recount. :?

This sums it how unprecendented this is pretty well...

http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/ ... wisconsin/
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

bundlesofvitals wrote:Yeah, I have a conservative coworker who, when Prosser was ahead, was saying that "the people have spoken", "let democracy work" etc. etc. and that Kloppenburg should let it go without a recount. Now that she's ahead he's saying there must have been fraud and we should have a recount. :?

that's a pretty awesome story.
from over 99% of the vote to less than 50%...wow.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Molester Stallone wrote:
bundlesofvitals wrote:http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolit ... 08059.html

1.5 million votes and 204 seperate the candidates. :shock: Prosser was up 30 points in February (pre-Walker removing union rights). I'm sure the recounts and appeals will go on forever...
Yeah, that's crazy. I have a feeling the votes in Dane county are going to be really looked at, especially at the campus polling places.

The newspaper showed a map of counties that voted for Walker in November and those who carried Kloppenburg in this election and it was about 7/8th red back then and is now about 50-50.

I went and got a cup of coffee at a little diner across from work and there is this old conservative guy in there all the time spouting off shit he heard from Limbaugh and whatever clowns are on the radio, and he was so pissed. This is an exact quote from this guy which almost made me spit my coffee out...

"This is not what our forefathers wanted out country to be like. Next your gonna tell me Washington was a con-man and Lincoln was a God damned gay"
You s hould have looked up a link to give him about Lincoln's boythighfuckparties.

The polling place was nuts yesterday. There were more people than in November.

While I'm sure Charlie Sykes and co. are going to go apeshit about the Dane County votes (something like 73% turnout?!? ees true?!), I would much rather like to check out Waukesha and Green Bay.
fvkk
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Hypnagogia wrote:
bundlesofvitals wrote:Yeah, I have a conservative coworker who, when Prosser was ahead, was saying that "the people have spoken", "let democracy work" etc. etc. and that Kloppenburg should let it go without a recount. Now that she's ahead he's saying there must have been fraud and we should have a recount. :?

that's a pretty awesome story.
from over 99% of the vote to less than 50%...wow.
To be fair, that's referring to an election where he went unopposed. But in the primary Prosser had 55% of the vote and Kloppenburg had 25%...
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Trying really hard not to tinfoil this up, but it's difficult.

-Prosser is ahead!
-Kloppenburg takes the lead and wins!
-Wait a second! Actually your number is wrong and Prosser wins!

Hrm.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolit ... 21429.html

The latest vote count in the state Supreme Court race in Winnebago County indicates incumbent David Prosser is leading Assistant Attorney General JoAnne Kloppenburg in votes.

A tally compiled by The Associated Press Wednesday and used by news organizations statewide, including the Journal Sentinel, indicated Kloppenburg was leading the race by 204 votes. Figures on Winnebago County's website are now different from those collected by the AP.

Winnebago County's numbers say Prosser received 20,701 votes to Kloppenburg's 18,887. The AP has 19,991 for Prosser to Kloppenburg's 18,421.

The new numbers would give Prosser 244 more votes, or a 40-vote lead statewide.

An editor at the AP said the news service became aware of the discrepancy in the past hour. The AP last checked figures with Winnebago County at 10:14 a.m. Wednesday, according to the AP. The county adjusted its figures at 2:27 p.m.

The latest numbers for Winnebago County are not official.

The news service is working to reach the Winnebago County clerk, but the clerk is participating in the canvass of the vote and has not returned a message.
fvkk
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

do you guys have electronic voting there?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

You vote on a paper ballot and feed it into the lil machine until it beeps and the nice old lady gives you a sticker. So there are paper ballots...somewhere...

40 votes :shock:
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Yeah, it means there's TWICE the chance for shenanigans.

This is gonna be some Al Franken shit.
fvkk
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

On a more positive note, Randy Hopper and dunnohisfirstname Kapanke are both getting recalled for sure.
fvkk
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

LOLLERSKATES

Well, I would be inclined to belive this county clerk is just a moron and leaving out Brookfield was an honest mistake if the computers weren't sequestered away in her office, separate from the rest of the system. And if she didn't lie about not saving. And I hadn't read your link.
fvkk
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Well guys, it's a good thing I logged on to reddit one last time before bed.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/04/1 ... ck-to-2004

Waukesha 2004, Bush v. Kerry.

Apparently in 2004 the polls in Waukesha were teeming with voters as the Waukesha County Clerk's office showed a 97.63% turn out. No, that's not a typo. 97.63%

http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/...

Of the 236,642 registered voters in Waukesha on Nov 2, 2004 apparently 231,031 of them came out in a hint of rain and drizzle and did their civic duty.

Just to put this in perspective, Australia has compulsory (mandatory) voting and their turnout is 95%.

The estimated population of Waukesha in July of 2004 was 375,350 with 91,530 residents under the age of 18. (source) Leaving out solely residents under the age of 18 that leaves 283,820 residents that are of voting age (remember that number, it will be referenced again). That's an 83% voter registration number which is well above both the national average and Wisconsin's average.

Kathy Nickolaus bragged about 2004 turnout on the eve of the 2008 election:

http://gazettextra.com/...

WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) _ Municipal clerks are expecting to work late for this general election because of the huge turnout for early voting.
Absentee ballots are taken to the polls in the district where the voter lives and can be counted as soon as the polls open.

But, Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus says she doesn't expect much of a lull at the polls, so the early votes will have to be counted after the election booths close at 8 p.m.

Nickolaus says people in Waukesha County take their voting rights very seriously, with 96 percent turnout for the last presidential election.

She says given the interest this election has generated, the county might even surpass that percentage this year.

I can't imagine how it's would be within the realm of reality to suggest that turnout could again hit such levels considering the county had well over 250,000 registered voters in 2008 but that's not really pertinent to this diary just yet.

So, in November of 2004 there were 236K registered voters. In the Spring General Election of 2004 the election results showed the registered voter roll at 233,415. (source) So the county picked up a marginal number of voters for a 1.3% increase in the rolls leading into a BIG Presidential election.

Flash forward to The February 15, 2005 Spring Primary in Waukesha. Over a period of about 3 months the voter roll ballooned from the 236K seen in the November 2004 Presidential Election up to 282,390. (source) So in the 8 months leading into the 2004 Presidential Election there was a marginal 1.3% increase in the rolls netting about 3000 additional new voters. However in the 3 months after the election, which showed an anomalous 97.63% turn out, suddenly the rolls surged to the tune of almost 50,000 new voters and upped the rolls 20%. I suppose that's one way to even out a suspiciously high turn out.

Furthermore, remember that first number I told you to hang on to? The 283,820 eligible voters in the county of Waukesha in July of 2004? This new surge in the voter rolls has now pushed total voter registration in Waukesha County to 99.5% of elegible voters being registered to vote by February of 2005. Sure stinks and sure has all the earmarks of election fraud.

Flash forward to the September Primary of 2006. Kathy Nickolaus has what we now know to be a familiar problem:

http://suggest.wi.gov/...

Computer monitors at the county clerk's office late Tuesday briefly showed Lufter winning her race, as county officials scrambled to correct flawed returns from the City of Waukesha.
Final results later showed Lufter losing to fellow Republican Bill Kramer by a significant margin.
County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus said some returns from the City of Waukesha inexplicably had data recorded in the wrong column, which momentarily skewed results.
Nickolaus and her staff resorted to correcting the city's results manually a process that continued until 1 a.m., with staffers poring over a blizzard of numbers on computerized printouts.
"The best thing to do is go back to paper," Nickolaus said of the tedious process. "And that's exactly what we did."
Because there is no summary posted with the September results I've opted just to skip forward to the November 2006 Mid Terms while still flagging problems with the elections just prior to the Mid Terms. As far as I could tell there were no known blips or glitches on the local media's radar in Waukesha during the 2006 Mid Terms but when looking at the data I noticed something even more unusual:

Nov 2006 Waukesha Election Results

WAUKESHA COUNTY, WISCONSIN
NOVEMBER 7, 2006
PRECINCTS COUNTED (OF 211). . . . . 210 99.53
REGISTERED VOTERS - TOTAL . . . . . 0
BALLOTS CAST - TOTAL. . . . . . . 156,804

GOVERNOR/LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR
DOYLE/LAWTON (DEM) . . . . . . . 61,401 34.86
GREEN/HUNDERTMARK (REP). . . . . 112,242 63.73
EISMAN/TODD (WGR). . . . . . . . 2,320 1.32
WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 149 .08

ATTORNEY GENERAL
KATHLEEN FALK (DEM) . . . . . . . 55,608 31.95
J.B. VAN HOLLEN (REP) . . . . . . 118,342 67.99
WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 97 .06

SECRETARY OF STATE
DOUG LA FOLLETTE (DEM) . . . . . . 68,302 40.07
SANDY SULLIVAN (REP). . . . . . . 96,199 56.44
MICHAEL LAFOREST (WGR) . . . . . . 5,886 3.45
WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 53 .03

So, do you see it? In the race for Governor/Lieutenant Governor there were a total of 176,112 votes cast. For Attorney General there were a total of 174,047 votes cast. And for Secretary of State there were a total 170,440 votes cast.

So, look at the 3rd line of the top of that report...Total Ballots Cast: 156,804. So based on those numbers 20,000 extra votes were cast in the election that weren't actually accounted for in the ballots cast. Again, another sign of election fraud.

What's more, the Waukesha County web site reflects almost all of the above reports were pulled to be placed on the website in January of 2008 so those don't appear to be numbers posted in the rush of getting election results up, but were pulled and posted well after the results should have been long settled in the system.

After 2006 the Waukesha County election summaries no longer have the number of ballots cast or the turnout percentage at the top of the reports and I honestly don't have the time to dig through 2008 and 2010 to analyse the turnout, I'd also really like to go back and get the 2002 results.

Anyway, this is my first Kos diary. My very awesome boyfriend posts here a lot so after showing him all this tonight I wanted to post it for everyone else to see.

PS: Someone tell Nate Silver to go further back than 2010.

UPDATE

So I went ahead and put in a call to the Wisconsin GAB to ask if they were aware of the 2006 totals and if there was an explanation for it.

The woman I spoke with said the following: "We are aware of it, we are looking into it, and we cannot comment on it."

I would imagine if there was a "simple" explanation for the "official" totals listed on the Waukesha County Clerk's site the statement "we cannot comment on it" would have been replaced with the explanation.

Stay tuned...
:moreawesome: :theylive: :moreawesome: :vuvu: :moreawesome: :theylive: :moreawesome: :vuvu: :moreawesome: :gong:
fvkk
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Koch Bros now telling their employees how to vote...
http://www.thenation.com/article/160062 ... ntrol-koch
On the eve of the November midterm elections, Koch Industries sent an urgent letter to most of its 50,000 employees advising them on whom to vote for and warning them about the dire consequences to their families, their jobs and their country should they choose to vote otherwise.

http://www.thenation.com/sites/default/ ... d-2-WM.pdf
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Sup MASSACHUSETTS...now even the Dems are turning on you...
http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/health/ ... alth_care/
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin